These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Assembly Hall

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

CSM, pressure CCP to ban IsBoxer.

First post First post
Author
LtCol RTButts
Abandon AII Hope
#101 - 2014-07-08 11:15:24 UTC
you can repeat it over and over again that ISBoxer didn't accelerate any gain, and it will be still completely wrong.

you have no delay with ISBoxer compared to somebody who ALT#Tabs so you have a alpha damage without delay. you give all commands to every single account at the same time. with ISBoxer you only play 1 character and copy everything to another character.

thats plain and simple an automation.

stop comparing to single characters, you can play only one single character with full concentration and no delay. on EN24 is a nice example, the ISBoxer bomber quad. possible with ISBoxer, impossible with ALT+TAB. same with ISBoxer alpha gates, all ships align at the same time, all move at the same time, all shoot at the same time and so on. nothing you can do without such tools.

your gain is that you play only one account and several other accounts do exactly the same at exactly the same time.

you can kill stuff much more faster without any delay
you have an alpha because you have no delay
with automation you avoid to do the same thjing on several other accounts like open the cargobay and put ore into the bay
you warp, align, decloak, jump what ever without delay

you gain alot with ISBoxer tools, advantages you can't do without them and you accelerate things. killing faster is also an acceleration, doesn't matter if it is a NPC or a player. and with ISBoxer bomber squads you can also switch complete fleet fights.

the EULA is talking exactly about this kind of third party software.
Lykouleon
Noble Sentiments
Second Empire.
#102 - 2014-07-08 15:31:51 UTC
LtCol RTButts wrote:
you can repeat it over and over again that ISBoxer didn't accelerate any gain, and it will be still completely wrong.

Did you read a word of what's actually been said. I will offer again, out of the kindness of my heart and the spirit of ~you are blue to me and I have to suffer through that every day~ to show you the error of your thinking.

Lykouleon > CYNO ME CLOSER so I can hit them with my sword

Pine Marten
Doomheim
#103 - 2014-07-08 17:10:52 UTC
How is it argued that isboxer does not accelerate gain for someone?

Isboxer makes it so you do not have to go to each of your pilots and command it to do something. How is that not accelerating you faster than someone else? Instead of going through 10 20 30 40 pilots each, you just have to do it for one so it DRASTICALLY reduces the time needed for you to command your own fleet. You then benefit from that.

If isboxer does that, makes 40 pilots into 1 pilot command wise, how is it argued that does not accelerate gain of isk for someone? It does not matter at all what he does with the isk, it is the fact that he gains it at an increased rate.

Compare time needed to go from one pilot window to the next to input commands with time needed to input command to 1 pilot and isboxer replicates said command to every other open window making it so you do not have to go to each window to input command.

This is not accelerated rate?

Conspiracy from within.
ashley Eoner
#104 - 2014-07-08 21:12:23 UTC  |  Edited by: ashley Eoner
Pine Marten wrote:

Isboxer makes it so you do not have to go to each of your pilots and command it to do something. How is that not accelerating you faster than someone else? Instead of going through 10 20 30 40 pilots each, you just have to do it for one so it DRASTICALLY reduces the time needed for you to command your own fleet. You then benefit from that.

If isboxer does that, makes 40 pilots into 1 pilot command wise, how is it argued that does not accelerate gain of isk for someone? It does not matter at all what he does with the isk, it is the fact that he gains it at an increased rate.

Compare time needed to go from one pilot window to the next to input commands with time needed to input command to 1 pilot and isboxer replicates said command to every other open window making it so you do not have to go to each window to input command.

This is not accelerated rate?

Conspiracy from within.
You know you could read the last 5 pages of discussions as to how isboxer doesn't accelerate earnings on an account basis. That botting isn't the same as isboxer as botting requires no human interaction once it's set to go where as isboxer's actions can be done with hardware or other software options.

I can mine just as fast with 20 characters via alt tabbing as I could if I used isboxer or any number of cloning programs/hardware.

BTW do you have any idea how long it takes to setup 40 accounts for repeater usage? Do you have any idea how much that costs in money or time? Do you have any idea how frustrating it is to keep 40 clients synched with eve's incredibly buggy UI? If it was an easy task you'd see massive isboxer fleets taking over everything.. Reality doesn't jive with you.
RoAnnon
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#105 - 2014-07-08 21:55:07 UTC
*whispers quietly* Rabbit Season! Duck Season!

So, you're a bounty hunter. No, that ain't it at all. Then what are you? I'm a bounty hunter.

Broadcast4Reps

Eve Vegas 2015 Pub Crawl Group 9

Houston EVE Meet

Lothros Andastar
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#106 - 2014-07-08 23:03:06 UTC
ashley Eoner wrote:
I can mine just as fast with 20 characters via alt tabbing as I could if I used isboxer or any number of cloning programs/hardware.

Prove it.

Video yourself mining with 20 accounts ISBoxing for 2 hours and then do it without ISBoxer for 2 hours.

If you are right, you'll have EXACTLY the same amount of Ore on both runs.
Adunh Slavy
#107 - 2014-07-08 23:16:19 UTC
De'Veldrin wrote:
Adunh Slavy wrote:
De'Veldrin wrote:

No it doesn't but, please, continue to think that. The differences are measured in fractions of a second - the reaction time of the human body.

So do you use IsBoxer now? And if so, why? Do you mean to tell me you spent your money for no reason? Really. Do tell us all how you just throw money away for no reason, oh excuse me, fractions of a second, we're all interested in hearing about it.

You're starting to foam at the mouth there a little bit man. WTF are you on about?

In other words, you can not answer the question with out exposing your argument for the BS that it is, so you must resort to insults.

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.  - William Pitt

Adunh Slavy
#108 - 2014-07-08 23:19:31 UTC
Mallak Azaria wrote:
Adunh Slavy wrote:
No one human can switch to each individual client and issue events with the same speed and pointer/mouse accuracy as can be accomplished by one human with the aid of IsBoxer.

Actually with a little bit of thought, you can.

Prove it

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.  - William Pitt

Adunh Slavy
#109 - 2014-07-08 23:21:15 UTC
Adrie Atticus wrote:

That doesn't still accelerate the gain of anything, being effortless and saving time is exactly the reason to use ISBoxer. This is not barred by the EULA/TOS and would be stupid if you didn't try to optimize your game play by any legal means necessary.

What I'm gathering here is that you are just angry about people being better at the game and want to ban their tools?

More insults from the crowd of liars. What a surprise.

Adunh Slavy
#110 - 2014-07-08 23:24:09 UTC
Nariya Kentaya wrote:

This is the interpretation CCP has ruled with. Its the interpretation you will have to live with.

If you have a problem with it, I really dont think CCP cares, because youll find something else to whine about with players having these insurmountable "advantages" over you.

Aww more insults. Is that all you have? And no, I don't have to live with it. I am the customer.

De'Veldrin
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#111 - 2014-07-09 02:48:23 UTC  |  Edited by: De'Veldrin
Adunh Slavy wrote:

In other words, you can not answer the question with out exposing your argument for the BS that it is, so you must resort to insults.

No, I mean I have no idea what the hell point you're trying to make about my supposed use of ISBoxer, or how that in any way relates to the discussion at hand. Your ideas are jumping all over the place like a seagull on crack. Hold my hand and walk me through it slowly, because frankly my man, you're not making any sense.

Adunh Slavy wrote:
And no, I don't have to live with it. I am the customer.

You do if you choose to continue playing the game. If, on the other hand, you're unsubscribing, then you're absolutely correct, you do not have to abide by any rules made up by CCP except the ones regarding the resale of their IP for real money.

Also, the customer isn't always right.

Actually there's a very simple question that can solve this. Answer with a simple boolean.

1. CCP, as the owner and administrator of Eve Online, has the right to create and enforce rules pertaining to the playing of said game.

De'Veldrin's Corollary (to Malcanis' Law): Any idea that seeks to limit the ability of a large nullsec bloc to do something in the name of allowing more small groups into sov null will inevitably make it that much harder for small groups to enter sov null.

De'Veldrin
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#112 - 2014-07-09 02:56:21 UTC
Nidal Fervor wrote:

By that logic, CCP should stop banning botters, because they earn isk at the same rate as any other account.

1 player botting on 5 or 10 accounts for 7 hours earns the same amount per account as another player playing the same 7 accounts manually for 7 hours. Therefore botting is no different to isboxer and should be allowed.

Actually botting is fundamentally different, as has already been explained at least once in this thread. I leave it as an exercise to the reader to determine the crucial difference between the two. As a hint, it's called botting for a reason.

De'Veldrin's Corollary (to Malcanis' Law): Any idea that seeks to limit the ability of a large nullsec bloc to do something in the name of allowing more small groups into sov null will inevitably make it that much harder for small groups to enter sov null.

ashley Eoner
#113 - 2014-07-09 05:54:26 UTC  |  Edited by: ashley Eoner
Lothros Andastar wrote:
ashley Eoner wrote:

Prove it.

Video yourself mining with 20 accounts ISBoxing for 2 hours and then do it without ISBoxer for 2 hours.

If you are right, you'll have EXACTLY the same amount of Ore on both runs.

So you want me to buy a video camera so you can get your creepy stalk on watching me play eve? That's just weird brah..

Now if you're offering to buy me a good video cam then I'd like at least a go pro level. Has to be good quality so you can be sure to see my fingers on teh keyboard and such in detail.

EDIT : To get serious for a moment if I did manually first and isboxer second that would easily result in less earned on the second.
Adrie Atticus
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#114 - 2014-07-09 09:28:52 UTC
Pine Marten wrote:
-snip-
Conspiracy from within.

You are comparing apples to oranges. Not a single character under the control of an ISBoxer entity gains at an accelerated pace.
Adrie Atticus
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#115 - 2014-07-09 09:31:54 UTC
Nidal Fervor wrote:
By that logic, CCP should stop banning botters, because they earn isk at the same rate as any other account.

1 player botting on 5 or 10 accounts for 7 hours earns the same amount per account as another player playing the same 7 accounts manually for 7 hours. Therefore botting is no different to isboxer and should be allowed.

Botting is not allowed because it:

1) tampers with the game client, mostly hooking into same processes and DLL's to harvest information (client modification)

2) injects information to the game client (client modification)

3) performs actions without human input (automation of game play)

ISBoxer does none of these as it functions over DirectInput, just like your keyboard and mouse. It also does not hook into the process to harvest information or to post information into the client. Neither does ISBoxer perform any actions without human input.
LtCol RTButts
Abandon AII Hope
#116 - 2014-07-09 15:32:06 UTC
Adrie Atticus wrote:
Pine Marten wrote:
-snip-
Conspiracy from within.

You are comparing apples to oranges. Not a single character under the control of an ISBoxer entity gains at an accelerated pace.

you are one player, one player only. if you play 10 characters controled via ISBoxer you are still one player and not 10.

so, you can compare player vs player and both gain the same amount of ISK when they rat with one character. but if player A is doing an incursion via ALT+TAB and player B is doing an incursion via ISBoxer the result is different for a good reason. Player A is playing 10 different characters, player B is playing only one character but 9 character are doing the same thing at the same time.

Player A is multiboxing, Player B isn't. ISBoxer is creating single multiple single players via automation under the control of a single player.

Player B is getting stuff from 9 characters at an accelerated time.

Barzai Mekhar
True Confusion
#117 - 2014-07-09 17:44:23 UTC
LtCol RTButts wrote:

...so, you can compare player vs player ...

Only comparing player vs. player is pointless as CCP has clarified that the EULA refers to account vs. account comparisons.
Shaera Taam
Khanid Prime Free Irregulars
#118 - 2014-07-09 18:54:11 UTC
Lothros Andastar wrote:
De'Veldrin wrote:
Cheaters get banned. It happens all the time, so how is CCP taking their side, exactly?

Because ISBox is cheating, regardless of what CCP claims. CCP might allow it because it makes them money, but it is still cheating.

The problem with this statement is that you assume what is cheating.

Its CCPs game. They get to decide what is cheating, not us players.

If you dont like that simple fact, then its time to move on to another game.

Or make your own.

Best of luck.

-st

Thus Spake the Frigate Goddess!

Lykouleon
Noble Sentiments
Second Empire.
#119 - 2014-07-09 19:23:16 UTC
LtCol RTButts wrote:
Player A is multiboxing, Player B isn't. ISBoxer is creating single multiple single players via automation under the control of a single player.

Player B is getting stuff from 9 characters at an accelerated time.

Again, no. Player B is just as limited as Player A in how long actual events in EVE transpire. ISBoxer does NOT accelerate gameplay. It accelerates, if anything, interaction across clients. Everything else that occurs in the game environment, from reloading to rats actually exploding, happens at the same rate regardless of use of ISBoxer or not. There is, therefore, no accelerated time on the server side of the acquisition of items or ISK, and the same rules still apply to the client side in regards to how interaction must occur from the player to the client.

Lykouleon > CYNO ME CLOSER so I can hit them with my sword

ian papabear
No Regard.
#120 - 2014-07-10 02:24:43 UTC
im one of those duders who re upped my alt so that i could use isboxer, why would ccp ban it expecially when it only encourages people to purchase more accounts