These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Crime & Punishment

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page12

So what good are killrights?

Author
Kaarous Aldurald
Black Hydra Consortium.
#21 - 2014-07-09 11:41:14 UTC
Paranoid Loyd wrote:
Albrecht Patrouette wrote:

Thank you for the information. You, at least, took the time to clarify matters and explain how best to utilize them, instead of being a snarky A-hole like some others. I appreciate the time you took to explain.

You must be new around here.

Did you ask nicely to clarify/explain? No you ranted like an entitled baby. You were treated as you acted.

Not empty quoting.

To the OP, killrights work just fine if you bother to figure out how they work. Or, even quicker, figure out how Google works. It takes a great deal less typing than coming here to spout off, too. It's a win/win for everybody.

"Verily, I have often laughed at the weaklings who thought themselves good because they had no claws."

One of ours, ten of theirs.

Best Meltdown Ever.

Lan Wang
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#22 - 2014-07-09 13:13:37 UTC
Basically for people too scared for null/low and real pvp activate them and blob targets on the undock in big trade hubs

Domination Nephilim - Angel Cartel

Calm down miner. As you pointed out, people think they can get away with stuff they would not in rl... Like for example illegal mining... - Ima Wreckyou*

Leto Thule
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#23 - 2014-07-09 13:17:08 UTC
Lan Wang wrote:
Basically for people too scared for null/low and real pvp activate them and blob targets on the undock in big trade hubs

Killrights work well in lowsec, too. People dont think about gate/station guns.

Thunderdome ringmaster, Community Leader and Lord Inquisitor to the Court of Crime and Punishment

Private Pineapple
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#24 - 2014-07-09 17:03:08 UTC  |  Edited by: Private Pineapple
Kill rights are very good for scamming people if you had some players who disliked you while you do ~leet highsec pvp~. I used to deal with a few players who were hated by a significant amount of people in the trade hubs they hung out at (Amarr, Dodixie, Rens, Jita). The scam went like this:

- They suicide a rookie ship at me somewhere where they won't get podded during their GCC
- I set my kill rights on them to a good value, let's say mmm... 300 mil ISK, 500 mil, 1b, and so on. Higher if they liked to bait in a blingy ship (dangerous, though).
- They do their usual thing but some players with a raging hard on for killing the hated players wouldn't check the price and buy the kill right by mistake.
- I give them most of the killright money, and if they end up dying (usually not, because they can just dock up!).

We got quite a bit of money from Marmite Collective jarheads back in the day. Anyways, my role in this scam is irrelevant for those who have a 2nd account/friend.

Previous page12