These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page123Next page

How do I make grinding sec status for jump clones bearable?

Author
stup idity
#21 - 2014-07-09 09:04:02 UTC
Do Faction Warfare missions. Much faster, easier and potentially better paid than normal ones. And you'll get some faction standing on top of it.

Downside: you'll get shot at and lose some faction standing for the opposing factions (at much lower rate than you gain standing for the other two).

I am the Herald of all beings that are me.

Jarod Garamonde
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#22 - 2014-07-09 09:14:56 UTC
Make friends with a Rorqual pilot.

That moment when you realize the crazy lady with all the cats was right...

[#savethelance]
Chopper Rollins
hahahlolspycorp
#23 - 2014-07-09 09:28:07 UTC  |  Edited by: Chopper Rollins
Jump clones are available with 8.0 or greater standing with an NPC CORP.
Faction means nothing.
Can't imagine why you don't just Estel Arador it up, must be the moving around in a wardec that has you spooked.
Seriously, one day, two max and you can have JCs wherever. That's after the Infomorph Psych train of course.

Edit: CONCORD sec status, also, has no bearing on jump clones.

Goggles. Making me look good. Making you look good.

Victor Andall
#24 - 2014-07-09 11:55:52 UTC
Train the relevant social skills and be sure to run security missions from an agent in as low security status as possible. My experience is that you get more standings per mission that way but I could be wrong.

However, the LP rewards are substantially better. And make sure to blitz the missions, don't stick around to loot or salvage, it's not worth it. You could probably sell your bookmarks to one of the salvage corps. They pay you a share of the profits.

I just undocked for the first time and someone challenged me to a duel. Wat do?

19.08.2014 - Dinsdale gets slammed by CCP Falcon. Never forget.

Grog Aftermath
Doomheim
#25 - 2014-07-09 13:42:04 UTC
Reduce the standing needed for jump clones from 8.0 to say 5.0
Leoric Firesword
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#26 - 2014-07-09 14:01:58 UTC
like others have said, train connections and social to at least 4, 5 if you can handle it. Also, do your best to not think of it as grinding standings.

I like to look at it as making explosions. Sure they're not the most fun explosions to make, but they are explosions!
Grobalobobob Bob
Hedion University
Amarr Empire
#27 - 2014-07-09 14:03:16 UTC
Head over to CVA Providence space and use a clone vat there?
Dave Stark
#28 - 2014-07-09 14:11:13 UTC
Ioci wrote:
It's too bad they didn't have pirate dog tags you could turn in for empire faction or something.

you know what, if they had low sec npcs that dropped faction standings tags like they do sec status tags, i'd be tempted to go in to low sec when i get bored and try and find some tags.

edit: actually, **** that i'd be more likely to just run incursions and buy them since i doubt i'd find enough to make it worth my while... however they'd still be awesome and add content for some other scrub.
lost packet
Alpha Flight
#29 - 2014-07-09 19:52:31 UTC
Train infomorph skills, head to providence, set them all up.

Not hard really.
Herzog Wolfhammer
Sigma Special Tactics Group
#30 - 2014-07-09 20:07:54 UTC
A good level 4 mission ship to run them ASAP with social skills and a weekend where everybody is told to f*ck off and leave you alone will do the job.

Bring back DEEEEP Space!

Nose' Feliciano
#31 - 2014-07-09 21:19:52 UTC
Quote:
How do I make grinding sec status for jump clones bearable?

Have you tried drinking? What?
Ra'Shyne Viper
Native Freshfood
#32 - 2014-07-09 21:26:18 UTC
Sisters of eve is prob the easiest to grind, depending how experienced you are with null sec

ROIR has three lvl3 and one lvl2 distribution agents in the same station making getting story lines easy. The transport missions only lead to JC which is two jumps away. Sometime the missions lead to the other station within ROIR

Cargo is never more than 4000m3

The storyline mission is usually always that ore mission which they sell at that station
And sometimes they give you a combat mission that raises your corp standing by 13%

Having connections 5 and social 5 makes grinding that standing much easier as well

Sisters of eve also have stations in a lot of regions and all their stations have clone services

If you're only after standings for JCs look for a station that has many distribution agents, the whole point is to farm for the storyline missions

Making grinding standings bearable is impossible

unless CCP changes how missions work.
They should of removed most of the repeat mission agents and vastly improved and expanded COSMOS missions and epic arcs

Also, making storyline missions ACTUALLY a storyline mission would make sense

This may be a sandbox but theres no reason why this game shouldn't have a LONG playable storyline for each faction

CCP just being lazy and not looking at other successful games for inspiration/ideas

DUST 514 player

Ingame name: Vin Vicious

Tonai Kion
Physics Says No
Eviction Inc.
#33 - 2014-07-09 22:39:06 UTC
If you don't want to grind status with corps you can always get a jump clone installed in one, jump to it, move it then jump back to your clone.

If you don't expect to lose them often, this might be a way to get a few going.
Vortexo VonBrenner
Doomheim
#34 - 2014-07-09 23:33:03 UTC
Look up "faction standings repair plan" for ways to boost your...faction standings if for some reason you absolutely insist on not using a convenient clone service.

GreenSeed
#35 - 2014-07-09 23:53:21 UTC
as suggested the rorq is the best option, if you regularly fly with the same gang they will eventually let you use theirs. its pretty safe, the only problem is the jumpclone timer, so you can only make one every time they undock the cloneship. :(
Hasikan Miallok
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#36 - 2014-07-10 00:04:41 UTC  |  Edited by: Hasikan Miallok
Grog Aftermath wrote:
Reduce the standing needed for jump clones from 8.0 to say 5.0

If your logic is solo new-players/PvP-alts should be able to get jump clones with minimal effort why not just eliminate the standing altogether ?

TBH anyone in a sizable player corp should already have jump clone access and even solo PvPers hiding in a newbie school to avoid war decs can get a standing of 8.0 without too much effort. Many people have it with dozens of corps.

However if the standing needed actually is an issue, just eliminate it. Don't muck around fiddling with the amount, there will be always someone unhappy with it.
Hasikan Miallok
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#37 - 2014-07-10 00:08:18 UTC
@ the OP

If you have the ISK there are people around offering corp standing services for a fee.

Basically they fleet with you and run missions with the designated corp. You can be anywhere, even parked in a station 30 jumps away ship spinning and trading, and each time they complete a mission you get a corp standing gain.
Chopper Rollins
hahahlolspycorp
#38 - 2014-07-10 01:02:18 UTC
Lot of people in this thread don't understand the difference between faction, corp and sec status.
You can do the data centers to get faction standing high, put up a pos, still not be able to install a JC anywhere.
You can shoot rats until you go 5.0, still no JC availability.
You need 8.0 with the desired corporation to install a jump clone.
Estel Arador or plug yourself into that chair for a long grind.

Goggles. Making me look good. Making you look good.

Ila Dace
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#39 - 2014-07-10 01:46:14 UTC
Elusive Panda wrote:
Bourbon, lots of it.
You also may want to keep a couple backup ships if you go that route.

I'd go with a decent single malt, but a good bourbon is serviceable.

If House played Eve: http://i.imgur.com/y7ShT.jpg

But in purple, I'm stunning!

Heavypredator Singh
TEMPLAR.
The Initiative.
#40 - 2014-07-10 01:50:26 UTC
2 fast routes:

1) rorqual - takes few minutes - no need to join anything - just be around the ship
2) factional warfare missions - takes only few days of light playing to get to 8 - caldari are easy and fast as you can do them in stealth bomber
Previous page123Next page