These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
123Next page

How do I make grinding sec status for jump clones bearable?

Author
Dr Bluntman
Black Wind.
#1 - 2014-07-09 03:43:30 UTC
No, I do not want to join a jump clone service.

Honestly am trying to grind up sec status so I can get jump clones any time I want on my alt, but am having a hard time grinding up. I'm currently at 5.91 real status. What is the best way to go up from here?
Sibyyl
Garoun Investment Bank
Gallente Federation
#2 - 2014-07-09 03:46:00 UTC  |  Edited by: Sibyyl
https://wiki.eveonline.com/en/wiki/Estel_Arador_Corp_Services

Join
Create clones
Leave.

Shouldn't take you more than 10-15 minutes.

Missed your first line, OP. Carry on. I haven't been able to figure out how to make grinding *standings* (I don't think you mean sec status) bearable. If you do, let me know.

Joffy Aulx-Gao for CSM. Fix links and OGB. Ban stabs from plexes. Fulfill karmic justice.

Dr Bluntman
Black Wind.
#3 - 2014-07-09 03:48:01 UTC
Sibyyl wrote:
https://wiki.eveonline.com/en/wiki/Estel_Arador_Corp_Services

Join
Create clones
Leave.

Shouldn't take you more than 10-15 minutes.

Missed your first line, OP. Carry on.

Thanks anyway xD
Ioci
Bad Girl Posse
#4 - 2014-07-09 03:48:45 UTC
It's too bad they didn't have pirate dog tags you could turn in for empire faction or something.

R.I.P. Vile Rat

Nikolai Lachance
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#5 - 2014-07-09 03:51:23 UTC
Dr Bluntman wrote:

Honestly am trying to grind up sec status so I can get jump clones any time I want on my alt, but am having a hard time grinding up. I'm currently at 5.91 real status. What is the best way to go up from here?

Jump clone availability has nothing to do with sec status, which you generally can't get above 5.0 anyway.

It has to do with your standing with the corporation that owns the station you want to buy them at, which needs to be 8.0. It just takes awhile to grind it out. Level 4 security missions are the way to go, make sure your social skill is at least 4. Storyline missions also often provide a nice boost with the corp that offers them too.

Estel Arador is highly convenient though... any particular reason you don't want to do that?
Sibyyl
Garoun Investment Bank
Gallente Federation
#6 - 2014-07-09 03:51:24 UTC
Ioci wrote:
It's too bad they didn't have pirate dog tags you could turn in for empire faction or something.

Different from what the OP is looking for (corp standings), but Cosmos missions are a one-time thing you can do for relatively quick faction standings gain.

Better treatment here:
https://wiki.eveonline.com/en/wiki/Faction_Standing_Repair_Plan

Joffy Aulx-Gao for CSM. Fix links and OGB. Ban stabs from plexes. Fulfill karmic justice.

Caviar Liberta
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#7 - 2014-07-09 03:56:26 UTC
Connections Train this to V. It will make the standings grind a little less painful.
T'Dar
The Conflict
#8 - 2014-07-09 04:03:02 UTC
Tried epic arcs or paid a visit to data centers?
Dr Bluntman
Black Wind.
#9 - 2014-07-09 04:04:47 UTC
Ty for the suggestions folks
Elizabeth Norn
Nornir Research
Nornir Empire
#10 - 2014-07-09 04:14:07 UTC
There was a service that used to be offered for free which involved installing a jump clone in a Rorqual, I don't think you had to join the pilot's corp.
Elusive Panda
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#11 - 2014-07-09 04:23:53 UTC
Bourbon, lots of it.
You also may want to keep a couple backup ships if you go that route.
Velarra
#12 - 2014-07-09 04:39:40 UTC
Hasikan Miallok
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#13 - 2014-07-09 04:44:15 UTC
Sibyyl wrote:
Ioci wrote:

Different from what the OP is looking for (corp standings), but Cosmos missions are a one-time thing you can do for relatively quick faction standings gain.

Better treatment here:
https://wiki.eveonline.com/en/wiki/Faction_Standing_Repair_Plan

Actually they also give a good standing boost to the corp offering the data center mission as well. This makes corps such as Federation Navy and Ministry of War good options to get jump clone standing.

The two relevant skills you need trained to V are Social and Connections.

If you are not going for a data centre corp then SOE are one of the easiest to get high standing with.

Kaarous Aldurald
Black Hydra Consortium.
#14 - 2014-07-09 05:15:38 UTC
Just use a Rorqual...

"Verily, I have often laughed at the weaklings who thought themselves good because they had no claws."

One of ours, ten of theirs.

Best Meltdown Ever.

Archibald Thistlewaite III
The Royal Society for the Prevention of Miners
#15 - 2014-07-09 06:00:20 UTC
I found the quickest way to grind the standings was to blitz level 2 and 3 missions in an Assault Frigate. Declining those missions which aren't blitzable.

Also the size of the npc corp used to have an affect on how quickly your standings increased. The smaller the corp the quicker they go up. You can find out how big the npc corp is through the show info panel. Not sure if that has been changed by CCP.

I would also recommend grinding the standings for one of the more obscure npc corps, so that you can let your corp mates make Jump Clones using your hard work.

User of 'Bumblefck's Luscious & Luminous Mustachio Wax'

Yarda Black
The Black Redemption
#16 - 2014-07-09 06:36:48 UTC
As mentioned, train the social skills that influence standing gains per mission.

I tried gaining standings with all kinds of corps on a character. As many as possible. Switched regions when the empire ones were dropping etc. I ended up with jumpclone standings for about 15 corps (almost 4 different corps per empire). I ran so many lvl4's....

Lets say I was in an odd / uneducated phase of my life :)

5,91 to 8,00 isnt that much. Keep running some lvl4 missions and you're good to go in a day or 2.

Dun'Gal
Myriad Contractors Inc.
#17 - 2014-07-09 07:13:46 UTC
Kaarous Aldurald wrote:
Just use a Rorqual...

this. buy one, or make a friend who has one. jump clones for eternity, also you can sell them to friends. cuz **** giving free **** away.
Ramona McCandless
Silent Vale
LinkNet
#18 - 2014-07-09 07:22:49 UTC
I thought it was standings you needed, not sec status

"Yea, some dude came in and was normal for first couple months, so I gave him director." - Sean Dunaway

"A singular character could be hired to penetrate another corps space... using gorilla like tactics..." - Chane Morgann

Grunanca
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#19 - 2014-07-09 08:01:44 UTC
Dr Bluntman wrote:

Get a rorqualShocked
Mara Rinn
Cosmic Goo Convertor
#20 - 2014-07-09 08:30:59 UTC
You could talk to Imiarr Timshae about his corp, The Standings Correction Agency. You log in, open a fleet invite, someone else grinds the standings for you. It doesn't get much easier than that.
123Next page