These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Out of Pod Experience

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Eurydia Vespasian, awesome avatar pic!

Author
Mizhir
Devara Biotech
#121 - 2014-07-07 08:03:01 UTC
Sibyyl wrote:
I'd like to preface my next thought by saying I love Eevee's avatar.

But has anyone noticed the hairs that stick up against gravity on the long hair option? Why does "physically simulated cloth and air" seem like it's just floating? It's always bothered me that you have to angle the shoulders or find a dark enough background to hide it..

There is a difference between the way the hair behaves when you make your avatar and when it actually renders on the image server. It really sucks and the best method of dealing with this is to disable the physically simulated cloth and hair so it looks as bad in the char creator as it does on the image server.

❤️️💛💚💙💜

Sibyyl
Garoun Investment Bank
Gallente Federation
#122 - 2014-07-07 08:11:19 UTC
^^ Miz, is this why your hair seems more or less laying flat on the shoulders?

Joffy Aulx-Gao for CSM. Fix links and OGB. Ban stabs from plexes. Fulfill karmic justice.

Reaver Glitterstim
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#123 - 2014-07-07 13:12:01 UTC  |  Edited by: Reaver Glitterstim
Capsuleer hair is infused with extra collagen so that it can have that springy bounce. Big smile

Also, I don't find even Hobgoblins to be effective against Spider drones, let alone Hammerheads. I was able to get Hammerheads to hit a spider drone once, but a webifier and painter wasn't enough, had to apply the second web.

FT Diomedes: "Reaver, sometimes I wonder what you are thinking when you sit down to post."

Frostys Virpio: "We have to give it to him that he does put more effort than the vast majority in his idea but damn does it sometime come out of nowhere."

Mizhir
Devara Biotech
#124 - 2014-07-07 13:18:52 UTC
It's all the pod goo. A pain to get out of the hair.

❤️️💛💚💙💜

Eurydia Vespasian
Storm Hunters
#125 - 2014-07-07 13:21:30 UTC
Space does funny things to hair. That's my take lol.
Sibyyl
Garoun Investment Bank
Gallente Federation
#126 - 2014-07-07 17:57:43 UTC
^^ Oh you're right.. there's no gravity, duh.

Joffy Aulx-Gao for CSM. Fix links and OGB. Ban stabs from plexes. Fulfill karmic justice.

Reaver Glitterstim
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#127 - 2014-07-08 15:53:42 UTC
Are you sure that's pod goo in your hair? I'm not sure you're fully aware of the gravity of this situation...

There is gravity in space. You're just in free-fall if you turn your engines off since there's not much air. And there is a little air...

FT Diomedes: "Reaver, sometimes I wonder what you are thinking when you sit down to post."

Frostys Virpio: "We have to give it to him that he does put more effort than the vast majority in his idea but damn does it sometime come out of nowhere."

Sibyyl
Garoun Investment Bank
Gallente Federation
#128 - 2014-07-08 20:37:34 UTC
Grave allegations..

Eurydia Vespasian
Storm Hunters
#129 - 2014-07-08 20:56:50 UTC
I don't like to think about pod goo in my hair. What a drag.
Vortexo VonBrenner
Doomheim
#130 - 2014-07-08 23:05:59 UTC
Sibyyl wrote:
...has anyone noticed the hairs that stick up against gravity on the long hair option? Why does "physically simulated cloth and air" seem like it's just floating? It's always bothered me that you have to angle the shoulders or find a dark enough background to hide it..

All true - but...in a world of submarine physics...one of those things we'll just have to ignore for the sake of things looking / playing good I suppose...

Reaver Glitterstim
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#131 - 2014-07-10 00:48:38 UTC  |  Edited by: Reaver Glitterstim
Sibyyl wrote:
...has anyone noticed the hairs that stick up against gravity on the long hair option? Why does "physically simulated cloth and air" seem like it's just floating? It's always bothered me that you have to angle the shoulders or find a dark enough background to hide it..
Because technology will never find a way to make hair defy gravity.

Khergit Deserters
Crom's Angels
#132 - 2014-07-10 01:27:55 UTC
The last time I saw EV she was heading into an inner low sec + FW asplosion zone in Metropolis or Heimatar. In a hauler, I think. Verifying that EV is the real deal.
Commissar Kate
Kesukka
#133 - 2014-07-10 01:46:58 UTC
Reaver Glitterstim wrote:
Sibyyl wrote:
Because technology will never find a way to make hair defy gravity.

Or just go short hair like me and you dont have to deal with that stuff. Cool
Eurydia Vespasian
Storm Hunters
#134 - 2014-07-10 03:09:02 UTC
Khergit Deserters wrote:
The last time I saw EV she was heading into an inner low sec + FW asplosion zone in Metropolis or Heimatar. In a hauler, I think. Verifying that EV is the real deal.

ha! what can i say? when a girl needs POS fuel on an emergency time table all sorts of risks will be taken.
Mizhir
Devara Biotech
#135 - 2014-07-10 07:50:43 UTC
Eevee lost her proteus yesterday because I couldn't be there to save her :(

Why is minmatar space so far away?

❤️️💛💚💙💜

Eurydia Vespasian
Storm Hunters
#136 - 2014-07-10 14:26:23 UTC
yeah. all mizzy's fault P clearly!

absolutely nothing to do with the fact that we decided to attack two battleships and a battlecruiser out numbered and outgunned. nothing at all lol. but, in all honesty, i just underestimated their dps capability. but it was fun none the less. we got a BS and a pod. that makes me happy. lol

i can afford to lose fancy ships. because i'm...well...rich. my only hope is that that guy whose mael and pod we got is not rich and it was a nasty loss and i hope he cussed a lot and knocked the fast food wrappers, tissue box and other trash off his desk.

i'm in no way assuming he is a neckbeard. Blink
Mizhir
Devara Biotech
#137 - 2014-07-10 14:43:22 UTC  |  Edited by: Mizhir
Eurydia Vespasian wrote:

absolutely nothing to do with the fact that we decided to attack two battleships and a battlecruiser out numbered and outgunned. nothing at all lol. but, in all honesty, i just underestimated their dps capability. but it was fun none the less. we got a BS and a pod. that makes me happy. lol

i can afford to lose fancy ships. because i'm...well...rich. my only hope is that that guy whose mael and pod we got is not rich and it was a nasty loss and i hope he cussed a lot and knocked the fast food wrappers, tissue box and other trash off his desk.

Nothing wrong with being outgunned and outnumbered. It just makes everything more fun :D

What happened to the drake? It didn't shoot you. So clearly it was you who were outnumbering them :P

Also I can clearly imagine how you knocked the chocolate wrappers, little pink "household" device and small image frames with cat pictures off your desk.

❤️️💛💚💙💜

Eurydia Vespasian
Storm Hunters
#138 - 2014-07-10 14:59:30 UTC
Mizhir wrote:
Eurydia Vespasian wrote:

Nothing wrong with being outgunned and outnumbered. It just makes everything more fun :D

What happened to the drake? It didn't shoot you. So clearly it was you who were outnumbering them :P

Also I can clearly imagine how you knocked the chocolate wrappers, little pink "household" device and small image frames with cat pictures off your desk.

drake was shooting my alliance mate, apparently.

and, um...purple. *ahem*
Reaver Glitterstim
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#139 - 2014-07-11 01:28:26 UTC
Mizhir wrote:

The real question is: what were you doing outside of Minmatar space?

Mizhir
Devara Biotech
#140 - 2014-07-11 02:05:46 UTC  |  Edited by: Mizhir
Reaver Glitterstim wrote:
Mizhir wrote:

The real question is: what were you doing outside of Minmatar space?

Spinning my ship in Jita. DUH

❤️️💛💚💙💜