These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Wormholes

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

W space little things.

First post First post
Author
Daenika
Chambers of Shaolin
#161 - 2014-07-07 23:45:03 UTC
Meytal wrote:
Daenika wrote:
escalate multiple days in a row

Thank you for reminding me!

Fix the broken respawn mechanics whereby it is possible to escalate C5/C6 sites, and shoot respawning battleships in L4 mission sites, multiple days in a row. You should get one set of escalations per site, and you should get one set of mission battleships per L4 site. It's easier to code the current method where you don't keep track and just reset everything at downtime, but it vastly over-inflates the value of capital escalations. And this is coming from someone who periodically benefits from capital escalations run over multiple days.

That would demolish a lot of C5 and C6 corps, small and large alike. A 4-capital escalation is worth 560m in blue loot, and around 100-120m in salvage, on average. For my corp, second and third day escalations formed approximately 50% of our overall income over the last 3 months. That's a massive cut in corp income just because the mechanics seem wonky.

If they were to cut 2nd and 3rd day escalations, they'd need to massively boost the value of the escalation waves themselves to compensate. Entire corporation infrastructures are based around average site income, changing that, especially by the margin you suggest, would be flat catastrophic.

I mean, as someone else pointed out, it's not like people are insanely exploiting that it (like they are Incursions). The logistics of living in WH space, the effective cap on the number of people that can comfortably live out of a POS, the very real risk of being evicted from your home on any particular day, and the lack of any reliable lines of backup or supply, already make WH life rather unstable. The rather lucrative escalation loot income is really the only thing that balances the risk of having the capitals in there to start with (since hot-dropping doesn't really exist as a concept in WH, at least compared to null).
Kalel Nimrott
Caldari Provisions
#162 - 2014-07-08 00:12:56 UTC
Let's see. Title says little things, people write walls of text. Forum working as intended

Bob Artis, you will be missed.

O7

Jack Miton
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#163 - 2014-07-08 00:23:34 UTC
Kalel Nimrott wrote:
Let's see. Title says little things, people write walls of text. Forum working as intended

yeah, like all WH threads, this one ran its course of the first 3-4 pages.

There is no Bob.

Stuck In Here With Me:  http://sihwm.blogspot.com.au/

Down the Pipe:  http://feeds.feedburner.com/CloakyScout

Winthorp
#164 - 2014-07-08 00:40:00 UTC
Jack Miton wrote:
Kalel Nimrott wrote:

yeah, like all WH threads, this one ran its course of the first 3-4 pages.

I think everyone could see it heading this way TBH. And if people keep rehashing the same heavy dev time intensive things we have asked for for the last years and been ignored.

But then with all the absurd request people have made.....
HerrBert
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#165 - 2014-07-08 02:06:52 UTC
ISDs First Day in the Wormholeforum

Community-Challenge: Make Jack Miton sing a Duett with me. http://www.youtube.com/user/HerrBertism Jibbychiggawooooow - CSM 9 Corbexx

Jack Miton
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#166 - 2014-07-08 02:47:23 UTC

More like this TBH:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-5Pku48YPFo

There is no Bob.

Stuck In Here With Me:  http://sihwm.blogspot.com.au/

Down the Pipe:  http://feeds.feedburner.com/CloakyScout

Paikis
Vapour Holdings
#167 - 2014-07-08 03:10:25 UTC

Hey! I resemble that remark!
Hatshepsut IV
Un.Reasonable
#168 - 2014-07-08 06:55:33 UTC
A strip all roles button for CEOs.

The ability to partition SMA's with divisions would be a nice compromise to the personal SMA's everyone clamors for but CCP doesn't want to give us.

Public Channel | Un.Welcome

Kynric
Sky Fighters
Rote Kapelle
#169 - 2014-07-08 12:39:40 UTC
Hatshepsut IV wrote:
A strip all roles button for CEOs.

Have you tried the right - click "edit member" panel? Also you can search your corp by role under the corp management panel. It's not bad compared to many features of the corp management interface.

I find it laughable that "quit corp" springs up so readily when trying to leave fleet, as if ccp was concerned we might be in a hurry to and just couldn't find the button.
corbexx
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#170 - 2014-07-08 13:46:48 UTC
So everything is starting to slow down. I'll give it a day or so then get all the decent ideas in one place.

I'm not to fussed if some stuff isn't small things as alot isn't, but good ideas are good ideas so I can still pass them on.
Alundil
Rolled Out
#171 - 2014-07-08 14:40:23 UTC
FFS - EveO forum software strikes again and eats a post. And the ******** draft feature is more of a daft feature failing to save accurately. So won't bother re-typing it.

CCP, your forum software needs to be fixed, for the sake of Wormhole space.

I'm right behind you

Phoenix Jones
Small-Arms Fire
#172 - 2014-07-08 15:25:07 UTC  |  Edited by: Phoenix Jones
Keep it simple.

Yaay!!!!

epicurus ataraxia
Illusion of Solitude.
Illusion of Solitude
#173 - 2014-07-08 23:01:05 UTC  |  Edited by: epicurus ataraxia
Being as it is pretty clear that the nestor is never going to get the covert ops cloak and no one in their right mind will choose to take it out of their home wormhole system, even if they were just mad enough to buy it in the first place, how about making it something that would encourage its use?

Make the nestor able to be a heavy Hic, able to bubble in combat, and more importantly double bubble to enable it to be a combat hole roller.

Fulfils a valuable role and encourages use of the ship.

Yes the suggestion could be regarded as quite evil, but think it through......

There is one EvE. Many people. Many lifestyles. WE are EvE

Kynric
Sky Fighters
Rote Kapelle
#174 - 2014-07-08 23:51:35 UTC
As a little thing, please consider allowing the deposit and removal of materials from online silos. The current offline requirement requires roles to offline the device for servicing which makes it impractical for corp membership to participate in.
Kynric
Sky Fighters
Rote Kapelle
#175 - 2014-07-09 00:07:31 UTC
When interacting with bookmarks, it would be nice if I could edit the text or change its folder from the in space right click menu.
Kynric
Sky Fighters
Rote Kapelle
#176 - 2014-07-09 00:16:13 UTC  |  Edited by: Kynric
A bracket setting that displays bookmarks in space would be nice if I could align or warp to the object by interacting with the brackets in the same way we currently can with celestials.
Kynric
Sky Fighters
Rote Kapelle
#177 - 2014-07-09 00:24:08 UTC
If grav sites are returned to scannable objects from the green, please consider adding a few belts to each system as content locations. If anyone is crazy enough to mine there they deserve the ore...

While at it give the rorq a super strip miner that does the work of three hulks or some other feature to tempt it to spend time in space. Ships should be in space and not eternally within a forcefield.
Agrippa Hurt
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#178 - 2014-07-09 00:33:10 UTC  |  Edited by: Agrippa Hurt
If you were successful at defending your POS, it shouldn't be so boring and obnoxious to rep your incapacitated mods. Make it easier or faster to rep them, even if it is like, four days after the incap.
Agrippa Hurt
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#179 - 2014-07-09 00:37:28 UTC
Cut in half the time to anchor/unanchor POS in wh space. This will get more peeps here, will make it more dynamic, and will make pvp better, since some guys get bored having to wait more than 1h to gank those poor ninja unanchoring-scooping peeps.
Agrippa Hurt
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#180 - 2014-07-09 00:40:13 UTC
Fix the epithal.