These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

3rd Party Retailers

First post
Author
amin Kion
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#1 - 2014-06-09 14:32:18 UTC
i just resubbed using payapl from the acount management page,i noticed a section listing
third party retailers,one of them is g2a so i has a looksee and see there selling plex for £12.99 thats cheaper than eve site
is this legal? i mean i presume ccp are aware of this as surely there check these sites out,i may take advantage of this offer but would like to know before hand that my bargain wont be taken away from me by ccp once i use it ingame.so is g2a regarded as legit?.Cool
Ralph King-Griffin
Lords.Of.Midnight
The Devil's Warrior Alliance
#2 - 2014-06-09 14:45:30 UTC
Should be, once acquired from ccp they can set their own price for plex. Amazon do something similar for us customers.
Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#3 - 2014-06-09 14:47:34 UTC
Afaik, CCP themselves are consistently the most expensive outlet for PLEX and ETCs. They can't really afford to undercut any of their retailers, or they'll lose their business.
amin Kion
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#4 - 2014-06-09 15:05:40 UTC
okie thanks for replies ill grab some from g2a then.Big smile
Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#5 - 2014-06-09 15:25:27 UTC  |  Edited by: Tippia
Also, just to clarify, what's not allowed is to collect PLEX from in-game and then re-sell those for cash. Presumably, the official retailers stay away from such practices since they get their “stock” directly from CCP (and since CCP will stomp them if they do something that stupid) and can hand out redeeming codes — if you come across a site that uses in-game trading mechanics, you'll know something's amiss.

Once they have that stock, as Ralph mentioned, they're free to set whatever price they like. That's how we got those $2 Amazon PLEXtravaganzas. P
Booster Schuster
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#6 - 2014-07-08 09:30:09 UTC
do not buy keys from g2a !!

i buyed one cheap 30 day gtc from g2a !

the problem is buyed a key from a marketplace user but i can not see this only after i payd and the support want me to use the screenshare tool (a tool like teamviewer) for a check if the key i get is working or not.

so i nstalled the tool and the guy from g2a watched me using the key. but the key i get was a starter pack key for creating a new account and not for add 30 day playtime to my account..

after i write this to the guy who watched me he asked whats the problem and it looks like he not realy understand whats the problem.

then i create a ticket on g2a helpdesk and the very first thing they want... i need to contact the ccp support... the funny thing is the ccp support say g2a is no official partner and i need to contact g2a for the problem.
but on every ccp product g2a on the website they have a big message for you "G2A.COM is the official partner of the CCP company and EVE ONLINE."

after i told them what the ccp support write to me they ignored this complet and want me to send a screenshot for prove whats the problem.

from then i only get answers in my ticket after i asked every 24 hours in the live chat...

g2a say they contact the seller of the key.

2 days later they cant contact the seller for the problem and they says i get a refund.

from then i get no more answers to my questions or any information about my money or the refund.
they dont have any information where to send my money back !!
looks like i get scammed and g2a dont want to help me or send my money back... and i payd 2€ extra for the g2a shield they promote !!!!

thiy was the first and last time i buy any stuff from g2a !!
Antihrist Pripravnik
Scorpion Road Industry
#7 - 2014-07-08 09:39:37 UTC
http://community.eveonline.com/news/news-channels/eve-online-news/changes-to-list-of-3rd-party-retailers/

Quote:
As of June 30th 2014, we have removed G2A.com from the official list of 3rd Party Retailers that sell EVE Online Starter Packs and PLEX Activation Codes. The updated roster can be found here.

We strongly advise against purchasing codes from any other sources as CCP will be unable to provide any form of reimbursement if the codes in question are revealed to be invalid. Furthermore, we may also have to remove any codes acquired through illicit sites or from unauthorized sources.
Nalelmir Ahashion
Industrial Management and Engineering
Mouth Trumpet Cavalry
#8 - 2014-07-08 10:52:54 UTC
I might be slow here but for me at least the cheapest time code seller was ccp.

Ramona McCandless
The McCandless Clan
#9 - 2014-07-08 12:57:36 UTC
I take no chances and only ever buy direct from CCP

"Yea, some dude came in and was normal for first couple months, so I gave him director." - Sean Dunaway

"A singular character could be hired to penetrate another corps space... using gorilla like tactics..." - Chane Morgann

Remiel Pollard
Shock Treatment Ministries
#10 - 2014-07-08 13:18:23 UTC
Ramona McCandless wrote:

Same here. It's not really a terrible price to pay anyway, and however more expensive they are than retailers, they're guaranteed legit 100% of the time and convenient to boot.

“Some capsuleers claim that ECM is 'dishonorable' and 'unfair'. Jam those ones first, and kill them last.” - Jirai 'Fatal' Laitanen, Pithum Nullifier Training Manual c. YC104

Remiel Pollard
#11 - 2014-07-08 13:26:46 UTC
Well isn't this dodgy. I just checked out this G2A.com out of curiosity after reading the link above to this, and found them selling GTCs, 60 day and 30 day. I checked out the 60 day one and on it they state, "G2A.COM is the official partner of the CCP company and EVE ONLINE".

Then down the bottom under the "Product details" tab they reiterate with, "We are the official partner of CCP Games. Product was created by CCP Games. You can find registration process details in product description."

"The" official partner, they call themselves.

CCP, if you were ever going to sue anyone for some major misrepresentation, now would be the time. People are gonna get seriously stung by this.

“Some capsuleers claim that ECM is 'dishonorable' and 'unfair'. Jam those ones first, and kill them last.” - Jirai 'Fatal' Laitanen, Pithum Nullifier Training Manual c. YC104

Remiel Pollard
#12 - 2014-07-08 13:29:36 UTC
For those that use WOT, I highly recommend WOT-bombing the crap outta this site.

CCP Falcon
#13 - 2014-07-08 13:37:07 UTC
Thanks for bringing this up. We'll take care of it Smile

CCP Falcon || EVE Universe Community Manager || @CCP_Falcon

Happy Birthday To FAWLTY7! <3

Fix Lag
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#14 - 2014-07-08 18:44:03 UTC

CCP mostly sucks at their job, but Veritas is a pretty cool dude.

Belt Scout
Thread Lockaholics Anonymous
#15 - 2014-07-08 19:25:23 UTC  |  Edited by: Belt Scout
Ramona McCandless wrote:

Ditto.

I have some toons that are starting to get old now, and the last thing I want to risk is a ban.

EDIT; or doing anything else borderline to RMT.

They say most of your brain shuts down on the EvE forums. All but the impatient side, and the sarcastic side. No wonder I'm still awake.

**This IS my main so STFU.

Booster Schuster
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#16 - 2014-07-09 14:20:45 UTC  |  Edited by: Booster Schuster
Remiel Pollard wrote:

i use wot and im the only one vote and writing a bad review for g2a.com