These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Crime & Punishment

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
12Next page

Come and get CODE

First post
Author
malcovas Henderson
THoF
#1 - 2014-07-08 10:00:11 UTC
Last night I decided to actively attack CODE in one of their Ganking sessions. I had little success, but 1st time of trying. Maybe get better as time goes on.

The Point of this thread, is quite simply this" CODE are giving you the opportunity to sample some "FREE PVP". Not only this, but even though I had a pod kill, and shot at them, so far there has been no retribution upon my Corp. (touch wood)

Guys this is a fantastic opportunity for some diverse action. At the cost of a fitted dessie.

This is not a White Knight plea. Just a call to all capsuleers to go out, and find CODE, and have some genuine fun.

o7

Ralph King-Griffin
New Eden Tech Support
#2 - 2014-07-08 10:03:35 UTC  |  Edited by: Ralph King-Griffin
That moment you realize, they just wanted to have fun with you aaaal along.

Good job dude.

o7
Lucy Oreless
Rise of Rephaim
#3 - 2014-07-08 10:35:15 UTC
This will end well for said corp! Lol

I did not have sexual relations to THAT woman....

Nalelmir Ahashion
Industrial Management and Engineering
Mouth Trumpet Cavalry
#4 - 2014-07-08 10:51:03 UTC
posting in stealth "CODE Declare wardec on me cause I don't have 50 mill to declare wardec on you" thread.
Ramona McCandless
Silent Vale
LinkNet
#5 - 2014-07-08 10:54:29 UTC
Good for you buddy, I sincerely hope that you DO get some support and some people who want to actively help join you.

I dont have a problem with CODE, but if they help prompt you to create some good genuine content, and have fun being the space police, then I say go for it.

+1

"Yea, some dude came in and was normal for first couple months, so I gave him director." - Sean Dunaway

"A singular character could be hired to penetrate another corps space... using gorilla like tactics..." - Chane Morgann

Mythrandier
Solace Corp
#6 - 2014-07-08 10:55:22 UTC
Ralph King-Griffin wrote:
That moment you realize, they just wanted to have fun with you aaaal along.

Good job dude.

o7

Yup if he his honest about his intentions here then hat off to you op. We play this game for space fun after all, CODE is proof of this. +1

"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move." -  D. Adams.

Varathius
Enlightened Industries
Goonswarm Federation
#7 - 2014-07-08 11:04:06 UTC
malcovas Henderson wrote:
Last night I decided to actively attack CODE in one of their Ganking sessions. I had little success, but 1st time of trying. Maybe get better as time goes on.

The Point of this thread, is quite simply this" CODE are giving you the opportunity to sample some "FREE PVP". Not only this, but even though I had a pod kill, and shot at them, so far there has been no retribution upon my Corp. (touch wood)

Guys this is a fantastic opportunity for some diverse action. At the cost of a fitted dessie.

This is not a White Knight plea. Just a call to all capsuleers to go out, and find CODE, and have some genuine fun.

o7

haha, you are the reason they do what they are doing.
malcovas Henderson
THoF
#8 - 2014-07-08 11:12:51 UTC  |  Edited by: malcovas Henderson
Nalelmir Ahashion wrote:
posting in stealth "CODE Declare wardec on me cause I don't have 50 mill to declare wardec on you" thread.

you could not be further from the truth if you tried.

If you fail to see the opportunities out there, even when they are being told to you. Then why post in this thread. The Fact the fear of a WD is paramount to a person's choice to engage or not is a HUGE factor. If people are told this is not happening(hopefully) then more will get to enjoy this new emergent gameplay.

The possibilities are only limited by your fear to fight back.

varathius wrote:
So what? They are the reason, I had a good time in EVE last night.

Edit: I am sorry for misunderstanding your post Varathius. Thank you Slade Trillgon for correcting me
Slade Trillgon
Brutor Force Federated
#9 - 2014-07-08 11:21:36 UTC  |  Edited by: Slade Trillgon

varathius wrote:
So what? They are the reason, I had a good time in EVE last night.

It was not a slant or an insult. He was just letting you know that their fun is partially geared towards giving people, who are willing to take a chance, a target to freely shoot at. His post was a 'kudos to you' post and a motivation for you to do more and enjoy it while you are doing it...which it seems you are.
Rumple Tugly
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#10 - 2014-07-08 11:23:45 UTC
They make great content for new/returning players. I can shoot a few blinkies and get enough bounty to afford plenty of Rifters. This way I don't have to mine or do missions :)

Witty banter in local too, that's always good.
Antihrist Pripravnik
Scorpion Road Industry
#11 - 2014-07-08 11:33:16 UTC
Rumple Tugly wrote:
They make great content for new/returning players. I can shoot a few blinkies and get enough bounty to afford plenty of Rifters. This way I don't have to mine or do missions :)

Yes, because returning players, especially the older ones, are just eager to get back into the game to shoot a bunch of Catalysts in a short window between GCC start and CONCORD reaction while reading smacktalk in local Ugh

Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against CODE., but the whole "content" phrase is just getting used where it shouldn't be. Same goes for definition of PvP.
malcovas Henderson
THoF
#12 - 2014-07-08 11:44:36 UTC
Antihrist Pripravnik wrote:
Rumple Tugly wrote:

Yes, because returning players, especially the older ones, are just eager to get back into the game to shoot a bunch of Catalysts in a short window between GCC start and CONCORD reaction while reading smacktalk in local Ugh

Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against CODE., but the whole "content" phrase is just getting used where it shouldn't be. Same goes for definition of PvP.

It is certainly not for everyone. You can take it or leave it, the choice is yours. To others though (the player base I am reaching out to) This is wrought with possibilities. Those that found PvP daunting (I did once, and still do to an extent), might just surprise themselves on how much they do enjoy PvP. Opening up a whole another plethora of possibilities, where before there was none.

I had fun. I learned a little, and most of all I gained a little bit more confidence in myself playing EVE. 100% totally worth it.
ISD Ezwal
ISD Community Communications Liaisons
ISD Alliance
#13 - 2014-07-08 12:07:09 UTC
This thread has been moved to Crime & Punishment.

ISD Ezwal Community Communication Liaisons (CCLs)

Gallowmere Rorschach
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#14 - 2014-07-08 12:08:38 UTC
It's good to see that someone outside of "the usual suspects" is finally seeing the opportunity presented here. It's the same thing with any of the highsec gank wings. Every time someone stops running from the flashies because :spacebux: and shoots at them instead, Eve gets little bit more interesting.
Sibyyl
Garoun Investment Bank
Gallente Federation
#15 - 2014-07-08 12:21:29 UTC
So CODE becomes more like Brave of hisec? Nice.

Joffy Aulx-Gao for CSM. Fix links and OGB. Ban stabs from plexes. Fulfill karmic justice.

Christina Project
Screaming Head in a Box.
#16 - 2014-07-08 14:22:25 UTC
OP!

You should come and join the channel anti-ganking ingame
and have a chat with us! You'll find lots of likeminded individuals there! :D

And me. XD

[i]"Don't look into another human's bowl to see how much he has ... ... look into his bowl to see if he has enough !" - Sol[/i]

Fybs
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#17 - 2014-07-08 14:52:56 UTC
You should all honour The Code Big smile

and it's not a war dec from them that should worry you OP Twisted

Don't confuse kindness with weakness.

Beware the hand of Fybs.

Proud CEO of the Somalian Coast Guard Authority

Maichin Civire
#18 - 2014-07-08 16:32:36 UTC
It's "this" thread again.
Tengu Grib
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#19 - 2014-07-08 16:55:23 UTC
As an Agent of the New Order I am please to see the OP is having a good time shooting at my brethren. We certainly do not discourage it. You might get a courtesy war dec at some point, (maybe even from the End Boss of High Sec Himself!) but don't take it as retribution if you do, just more chances for you to shoot at us, and us back!

Glad to hear you're having fun, you're embracing the Spirit of the Code even if not the Code itself.

Rabble Rabble Rabble

Praise James, Supreme Protector of High Sec.

Azov Rassau
Iron Destiny
#20 - 2014-07-08 17:00:50 UTC  |  Edited by: Azov Rassau

o7

I welcome you to the different world of anti-ganking. It's always nice to see someone who talks about having fun instead of the stiffling, Drysonnist discussions about High Sector, Scissors Attack Technique and ScrimWaffe philosophy (Full of Scrim!).

Another good example was Bronson who collected a good amount of bounty in Aufay (and thus created the content he wants to see in EvE).

Not sure what you mean by "Free PvP" in your post, but the gankers indeed give others the opportunity to test the anti-ganking techniques including ECM, Bumper Ganking, Tracking disruption etc.

I've come across many great people during my CODE. fighting period. Send me an evemail if you want some names of nice people fighting the CODE, you can get in contact with them. (they're not the ones who send real life threats to gankers/corrupt the image of anti-gankers).

Also, see this page: http://astralservices.net/?Anti-ganking

Good luck and have fun! o/

Edit: Obligatory I endorse this product and/or service.

Be the change you want to see in Highsec.

Anti-Ganking Fun: www.gankerjamming.com

12Next page