These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

T3 frigate discussion

Author
Hal Morsh
Doomheim
#1 - 2014-07-07 02:16:20 UTC  |  Edited by: Hal Morsh
I was thinking about T3 frigates and wondering how it could even be usefull. Maybe instead of 5 subsystems give it two with multiple functionalities in each.

Slot 1 could have

Offensive subsystem (can't decide if drones should be its own or mixed)
Defensive subsystem (maybe make it a mixed defense/tackle subsystem with low attack ability)
Cargo? Subsystem
Logistics subsystem (maybe mix that with cargo)

Slot 2 could have
Agility and speed Subsystem
Warp speed subsystem (although on its own may only be usefull with the cargo subsystem)
Covert subsystem
Scan subsystem (could be mixed with covert ops)

It could be cool to be a hard tanked tackler, or a covops combat frigate, maybe a cargo crazy scanner. While it seems like there is already a better ship and way to do these things, can't the same be said for our current T3 cruisers?

I thought it could be worthwhile to think about, less work to put together with 2 subsystem slots, mixing abilities and or giving individual varied mixes in each. I think making it a balance of subsystem amounts with mixed abilities in each. Try making it unique from the cruisers.

Just some brainstorming, feel free to add to it.

Oh, I perfectly understand, Hal Morsh — a mission like this requires courage, skill, and heroism… qualities you are clearly lacking. Have you forgotten you're one of the bloody immortals!?

Arya Regnar
Darwins Right Hand
#2 - 2014-07-07 02:21:38 UTC
Inb4tl.

Use search.

EvE-Mail me if you need anything.

masternerdguy
Doomheim
#3 - 2014-07-07 02:29:20 UTC
The existing T3s need to be balanced first. They are supposed to be adaptable to a variety of roles but a master of none, but currently they are better than their T2 counterparts in almost every way.

Things are only impossible until they are not.

Hal Morsh
Doomheim
#4 - 2014-07-07 02:38:12 UTC  |  Edited by: Hal Morsh
Arya Regnar wrote:
Inb4tl.

Use search.

I didn't see it in the devs common list so I posted about it. I also didn't remember the search button existed, Sorry.

Oh, I perfectly understand, Hal Morsh — a mission like this requires courage, skill, and heroism… qualities you are clearly lacking. Have you forgotten you're one of the bloody immortals!?

Rek Seven
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#5 - 2014-07-07 08:14:53 UTC
masternerdguy wrote:
but currently they are better than their T2 counterparts in almost every way.

No they are not. The T2 specialized bonuses are better in all cases and before you bring up HACs, i'll remind you that dps and tank are not specializations.
Debora Tsung
Perkone
Caldari State
#6 - 2014-07-07 08:40:53 UTC
no.

- The end -

Stupidity should be a bannable offense.

Fighting back is more fun than not.

Sticky: AFK Cloaking Thread It's not pretty, but it's there.

Reaver Glitterstim
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#7 - 2014-07-07 09:36:32 UTC  |  Edited by: Reaver Glitterstim
Hal Morsh wrote:
Arya Regnar wrote:
Use search.
I also didn't remember the search button existed, Sorry.

This basic idea has been suggested before, but your specific implementation is new. Carry on.
Also Strategic Shuttles.

FT Diomedes: "Reaver, sometimes I wonder what you are thinking when you sit down to post."

Frostys Virpio: "We have to give it to him that he does put more effort than the vast majority in his idea but damn does it sometime come out of nowhere."

Ix Method
Doomheim
#8 - 2014-07-07 16:00:14 UTC
Rek Seven wrote:
masternerdguy wrote:

No they are not. The T2 specialized bonuses are better in all cases and before you bring up HACs, i'll remind you that dps and tank are not specializations.

Well that's a convenient get out. So when people scream about ridiclously imba T3s its actually the Neut Legion which haunts their dreams?

Who knew.

Travelling at the speed of love.

Duchess Starbuckington
Doomheim
#9 - 2014-07-07 19:04:39 UTC
Here's an idea: rework T3 cruisers so they aren't just improved HACs with battleship tanks. Then maybe think about T3 frigates.

(Or better: don't. Enough power creep in this game...)
Daichi Yamato
Jabbersnarks and Wonderglass
#10 - 2014-07-07 20:30:26 UTC
cant wait for assault frigs that tank like BC's and are even more resistant to e-war.

i will however shamelessly plug a proposal of my own...

Tactical Frigates

:3

EVE FAQ "7.2 CAN I AVOID PVP COMPLETELY? No; there are no systems or locations in New Eden where PvP may be completely avoided"

Daichi Yamato's version of structure based decs

masternerdguy
Doomheim
#11 - 2014-07-07 23:19:57 UTC
Rek Seven wrote:
masternerdguy wrote:

You ever fit a Huggin with 50km webs and a 150k EHP tank?

How about a Lachesis with 30km scram range and 200k EHP that still puts out 600 dps?

And I am going to bring HACs into it because

Tengu > Cerberus (but that isn't much of an accomplishment since the Cerb is bad)
Proteus > Deimos
Legion > Zealot
Loki > Munnin

In every possible scenario, unless the T3 is fit poorly, it is better than at least one HAC for that race.
And then there's cloaky interdiction nullification.

Face it, they are hilariously broken. That's why people love them so much.

Things are only impossible until they are not.

Hal Morsh
Doomheim
#12 - 2014-07-08 21:22:08 UTC
People also bling them up don't they?

I only ever owned a proteus with some t2 and meta 4 guns.

Quinn Corvez
Perkone
Caldari State
#13 - 2014-07-08 22:06:33 UTC  |  Edited by: Quinn Corvez
All T2 ships can do things that T3 ships can't. Saying that T3 ships do everything better than T2 is simply not true.

If you think that the dps/tank of a T3 should be nerfed then that is a discussion for a different thread.

+1 for T3 frigates... Wormholes need something new like this!
Greyscale Dash
Doomheim
#14 - 2014-07-08 23:30:44 UTC
Quinn Corvez wrote:
All T2 ships can do things that T3 ships can't. Saying that T3 ships do everything better than T2 is simply not true.

[Citation Needed]
Quinn Corvez
Perkone
Caldari State
#15 - 2014-07-09 10:27:46 UTC  |  Edited by: Quinn Corvez
By all means, feel free to prove me wrong. Show me the loki fit that can web out as far as a huginn and has target painter bonuses.

I'm not here to educate you on ship stats, so don't ask that of me and go and do your own research.
Mhari Dson
Lazy Brothers Inc
#16 - 2014-07-09 11:08:24 UTC
While it might be interesting to see, CCP stated in the initial T3 release that frigates weren't negotiable but BC/BS on a T3 setup were. They created such a demonic mess though that I doubt they'll even get a rebalance pass.