These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

My EVE

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

[Video Project] One Man Crew - Collective Solo PvP

First post First post First post
Author
Mizhir
Devara Biotech
#421 - 2014-07-07 09:21:57 UTC
Kor Kilden wrote:
I'd suggest announce all winners, release 2 videos now (I may not have been clear in my OP), one finished and one mostly done, polish the second and rerelease it later, no time pressure.

You bit off a attacked more than expected (especially with the time extension) and your reinforcements got bubbled 2 jumps out. It's no fun, but it happens. Do what you can now, polish the last half later and don't burn out. Get back to playing the game a bit, rumor is if you undock sometimes it can be fun.

What is undock?

β€οΈοΈπŸ’›πŸ’šπŸ’™πŸ’œ

Duckslayer
Horde Vanguard.
Pandemic Horde
#422 - 2014-07-07 10:53:59 UTC
Announce the winners, delete all the footage. Keep the prize pool. Might as well maximize the troll. Final stage of a 9 month long community wind up. Would go down in history
big miker
Handsome Millionaire Playboys
Sedition.
#423 - 2014-07-07 11:35:04 UTC
Mizhir wrote:
big miker wrote:
Kor Kilden wrote:
A lot of the excitement has probably been lost (how many expansions have passed?) and some fights may no longer be relevant. Announce the winners, release what you have in 2 chunks (completed and work in progress), don't burn out, and build excitement back up for the second half with the first.

This! Release it in 2 part. You have half of the fights done. Build up tension for the 2d part. This Would make it 2 videos without making them too long. And you can always combine them afterwards.

Should be doable. I will consider it. But should I only announce half of the winners with the first part?

If you want to keep the tension you should only announce the first part winners. Even though some People can't wait to see all winners announced, because some of them know They have good chances to win. If you want to stick to the somewhat original release, only announce the winners for the first part. Just my 2 cents!
Tho'mas
Nerds United
#424 - 2014-07-07 13:46:33 UTC
I'd prefer waiting for the full video containing all fights.
Blood ofGODS
Adversity.
Psychotic Tendencies.
#425 - 2014-07-07 15:20:35 UTC  |  Edited by: Blood ofGODS
Do what miker says yo. He's got some top tier ideas. Will also prove that Duckslayer is wrong (hopefully).

Shrek will still give you a place in the swamp in the sky to fill your soul with his passionate love if you divide the video in to two parts. It's like presenting one cheek first while splitting it from the other while you clean the holy swamp water off of it, then when the second cheek is clean you mash them back together and create a clean masterpiece Shrek would be proud of.

Alot of teh old "elite" people did this, like that one guy Garmon that hardly anyone remembers nowadays...
Cyrus Mierre
The Forsaken Legion
#426 - 2014-07-07 15:23:06 UTC
Tho'mas wrote:

I agree with this Gallente scum. This has the potential to be the ULTIMATE top-quality pvp video that eve has/will ever see, and I want to see it used as the bible of solo pvp to show newbies, to introduce people to the game, or simply to get more people into solo.

This could be the difinitive video, so I'm more than willing to wait for as long as it needs to be perfect. Not just completed and rushed out, but perfect. Another 9 months? Yeah fine by me.
Leeloo Killik
Fweddit
Free Range Chikuns
#427 - 2014-07-07 15:59:09 UTC
You can always add more people to the project creation. Announce OCM needs your help editors! Pick 2-3 people that will apply and you're ok with them, share with them what you got so far and I'm sure they will help you finish the whole thing in no time
Mizhir
Devara Biotech
#428 - 2014-07-07 16:06:13 UTC
So right now there are 2 options I'm considering:

1. Wait for full video (I have no idea when that is going to happen).

2. Announce winners, make the first half and release it (I can probably get this done tomorrow). And then release the other half later where I edit it all together to the full video.

big miker
Sedition.
#429 - 2014-07-07 16:25:12 UTC  |  Edited by: big miker
Mizhir wrote:
So right now there are 2 options I'm considering:

1. Wait for full video (I have no idea when that is going to happen).

2. Announce winners, make the first half and release it (I can probably get this done tomorrow). And then release the other half later where I edit it all together to the full video.

First of all, I don't mind if itΒ΄s going to be waiting for the full video, no doubt. I understand everyone who wants to wait for the full version of it. But ItΒ΄s just getting a burden for you. If you release half of it you'll lower that burden for sure.

All of the comments you'll get could be inspiring for the last few fights. People will come up with better ideas, tips and tricks. And positive comments will motivate for sure. I'm chosing number 2 for now, but I will fully understand if you decide to wait and make it a full blown video!

-Miker

Edit: Even half a video would blow people away I bet Twisted
Tho'mas
Nerds United
#430 - 2014-07-07 17:31:32 UTC
Cyrus Mierre wrote:
Tho'mas wrote:

I agree with this Gallente scum. This has the potential to be the ULTIMATE top-quality pvp video that eve has/will ever see, and I want to see it used as the bible of solo pvp to show newbies, to introduce people to the game, or simply to get more people into solo.

This could be the difinitive video, so I'm more than willing to wait for as long as it needs to be perfect. Not just completed and rushed out, but perfect. Another 9 months? Yeah fine by me.

Had to go back and check the honorable mentions video, but I see that your submission was against some corp mates of mine.
Mizhir
Devara Biotech
#431 - 2014-07-07 20:13:47 UTC
I have been thinking about something and came up with an idea. If I decide to wait for full release then I could take in some editing assistants (2-3) whose job would be to edit the playback speed and matching some music with the fights. Now it doesn't really matter what program they are using as long as they can render out a video with adjusted playback speed and a soundtrack without too big loss. The special effects, killcounter, commentary and so on will be done by me.

So the requirements would be that the editors are capable of using the playback speed to present the fight in a really nice way. The main part of the fight should be at a speed where details aren't lost and there aren't too many drawn out moments. And the use of faster speeds for getting easier through drawn out moments and not so fast speeds for important bits where things are getting really close.

Likewise the music should match the fight and playback speed can be used to make them match perfectly. The difference between 2.5x and 2.6x speed is hardly noticeable but it can make the timing match perfectly. The music doesn't need to match perfectly as it would be nearly impossible, but generally there should be calm moments in the track for calm moments in the fight and upbeat moments for the more intense parts of the fight.

Now, I haven't decided yet if this would be choice, but I would like to hear if any of you guys out there thinks you can pick up the task for some of the remaining fights. This would require that you get access to our internal boards and you will be able to see both the edited and unedited fights. So I will have to trust you and I will require proof that you are capable of presenting a fight in a great way. In return you will be a part of one of the biggest solo pvp projects in eve, thus having your name in the video, and you will get a little bonus for your work.

big miker
Sedition.
#432 - 2014-07-07 20:18:23 UTC
Mizhir wrote:
I have been thinking about something and came up with an idea. If I decide to wait for full release then I could take in some editing assistants (2-3) whose job would be to edit the playback speed and matching some music with the fights. Now it doesn't really matter what program they are using as long as they can render out a video with adjusted playback speed and a soundtrack without too big loss. The special effects, killcounter, commentary and so on will be done by me.

So the requirements would be that the editors are capable of using the playback speed to present the fight in a really nice way. The main part of the fight should be at a speed where details aren't lost and there aren't too many drawn out moments. And the use of faster speeds for getting easier through drawn out moments and not so fast speeds for important bits where things are getting really close.

Likewise the music should match the fight and playback speed can be used to make them match perfectly. The difference between 2.5x and 2.6x speed is hardly noticeable but it can make the timing match perfectly. The music doesn't need to match perfectly as it would be nearly impossible, but generally there should be calm moments in the track for calm moments in the fight and upbeat moments for the more intense parts of the fight.

Now, I haven't decided yet if this would be choice, but I would like to hear if any of you guys out there thinks you can pick up the task for some of the remaining fights. This would require that you get access to our internal boards and you will be able to see both the edited and unedited fights. So I will have to trust you and I will require proof that you are capable of presenting a fight in a great way. In return you will be a part of one of the biggest solo pvp projects in eve, thus having your name in the video, and you will get a little bonus for your work.

If said person is going to work for the project, will his / her fight still have a chance to be in the official OMC video?
Anyways, good choice!
Mizhir
Devara Biotech
#433 - 2014-07-07 20:22:20 UTC
big miker wrote:
Mizhir wrote:

If said person is going to work for the project, will his / her fight still have a chance to be in the official OMC video?
Anyways, good choice!

The choices are final. So even if the said person is going to help with editing then his fight in the video will not be affected.

Miriam Sasko
Matari Exodus
#434 - 2014-07-08 07:32:10 UTC
Sure, I can do a fight or two.

Each render does cause loss of quality though, so you are better off just having people send you the Vegas or Premiere files and then either render it yourself (no need to compress) or just import the speed envelope straight into whatever program you are using.

Latest Video: The Graf Spee Legacy

Teh Gaunt
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#435 - 2014-07-08 09:12:40 UTC
big miker wrote:
Mizhir wrote:

Anyways, good choice!

miker dont be greedy :D
Mizhir
Devara Biotech
#436 - 2014-07-08 09:35:04 UTC
Miriam Sasko wrote:

Each render does cause loss of quality though, so you are better off just having people send you the Vegas or Premiere files and then either render it yourself (no need to compress) or just import the speed envelope straight into whatever program you are using.

Can After Effects import those files? Never really experimented with it so I have no idea about how the compatibility is between the editing programs.

Miriam Sasko
Matari Exodus
#437 - 2014-07-08 10:08:21 UTC
Mizhir wrote:
Miriam Sasko wrote:

Can After Effects import those files? Never really experimented with it so I have no idea about how the compatibility is between the editing programs.

I'm no expert, but 2 minutes googling says you can freely transfer between Adobe products. Sony Vegas 12 apparently can export to Adobe too, but I only have 9. Chances are someone with 12 can take my 9 file and convert it to something you can use.

Vegas files are tiny, so transferring them between people should not be a problem.

Latest Video: The Graf Spee Legacy

Mizhir
Devara Biotech
#438 - 2014-07-08 13:59:02 UTC
Thanks for the responses guys. I have thought much about it and I have been paging interests for the editing help and there have already been a couple of people who have offered their help. Therefore:

The video will be released as the full video but I will find 2-3 helpers to speed up the process. If you think you can help please read this and write either here or mail me

The process is described here:

Quote:
If I decide to wait for full release then I could take in some editing assistants (2-3) whose job would be to edit the playback speed and matching some music with the fights. Now it doesn't really matter what program they are using as long as they can render out a video with adjusted playback speed and a soundtrack without too big loss. The special effects, killcounter, commentary and so on will be done by me.

So basically the editing assistants will gain access to our internal boards and be a part of the team. So as editor you will be able to see the finished fights to guide you and give you a rough idea to and you will gain access to the unfinished fights so you can work with them. Therefore I will have to trust you and I will require proof that you are capable of editing something in the desired quality.

While there will be a small reward you should not take this job for the isk. I'm looking for helpers who want to be a part of something great and who wants to help promoting solo pvp in eve.

If you got any questions feel free to ask.

James Kestrel
CyberShield Inc
HYDRA RELOADED
#439 - 2014-07-08 21:19:04 UTC
I can help if you want. My references are Guados' SR8 and SR8.5 video.

vid maker  **|  **swagmaster  |  "Don't be yolo and fly solo!"

Duckslayer
Horde Vanguard.
Pandemic Horde
#440 - 2014-07-09 11:52:40 UTC
so the weekend is over. Video is done now i assume. Looking forward to its release this week.