These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

FW mission NPC hostility (why is the imperial navy red boxing me!)

Author
Azin Aldent
24th Imperial Crusade
Amarr Empire
#1 - 2014-07-06 23:32:08 UTC
I am not sure if that would be an "issue" but I figured it was probably by design so I'll put it here.

When going arround in factional warfare area I'm flying arround what I can only assume to be missioner complex abandoned by them. While flying in one of them (lvl 4 I assume because of the battleships) I immediately on arrival got yellow boxed by the ammarian navy). I can only assume that it was a mistake in the protocol of the imperial friend and for identification system, but getting fired upon while being a loyal amarrian servant kind of hurt my pride XD.

Basically I was thinking that it kind of broke immersion, having your own navy firing upon you inside mission even while in the militia.
Catherine Laartii
Doomheim
#2 - 2014-07-06 23:53:26 UTC
Azin Aldent wrote:
I am not sure if that would be an "issue" but I figured it was probably by design so I'll put it here.

When going arround in factional warfare area I'm flying arround what I can only assume to be missioner complex abandoned by them. While flying in one of them (lvl 4 I assume because of the battleships) I immediately on arrival got yellow boxed by the ammarian navy). I can only assume that it was a mistake in the protocol of the imperial friend and for identification system, but getting fired upon while being a loyal amarrian servant kind of hurt my pride XD.

Basically I was thinking that it kind of broke immersion, having your own navy firing upon you inside mission even while in the militia.

You should petition it instead of asking for help in the wrong area of forums.
Alvatore DiMarco
Capricious Endeavours Ltd
#3 - 2014-07-07 02:53:45 UTC
WHEREAS... rats are pretty stupid and have a limited AI
WHEREAS... it's not a bug but rather the way it's supposed to work
WHEREAS... OP has a suggestion for improving the way the stupid and limited rats function

OP's thread is warranted and in the correct place.

However ... I imagine OP's suggestion is pretty exploitable.
Azin Aldent
24th Imperial Crusade
Amarr Empire
#4 - 2014-07-07 03:38:46 UTC  |  Edited by: Azin Aldent
Alvatore DiMarco wrote:
However ... I imagine OP's suggestion is pretty exploitable.

Maybe, though I haven't tried I assume if I fire against regular plex navy they would fire back at me and aggro would be reset. I don't think being able to get the first strike in a mission (which is usually the case) is such a -huge- exploitable issue. What can you do ? Best case scenario I Worst case scenario i imagine would be someone flying with a smartbomb bs in the middle of the frigate unmollested (which you can already do, it's not usually considered a -great- pve tactic however.

And I didn't lose my ship, so no need for a petition (which I wouldn't have filled, I mean, you get killed by a npc? just suck it).
Bienator II
madmen of the skies
#5 - 2014-07-07 04:04:10 UTC
because you could be an minmatar alt doing a mission while having 0 npc agro. happend before, thats the fix for it. they shoot everything

how to fix eve: 1) remove ECM 2) rename dampeners to ECM 3) add new anti-drone ewar for caldari 4) give offgrid boosters ongrid combat value

King Rothgar
Deadly Solutions
#6 - 2014-07-07 07:31:25 UTC
The mission NPC's won't attack you (or didn't last time I did this) if you have sufficiently high standings with their owning faction (not FW corp). I think the threshold is 5.0 but I'm not sure on that. Interestingly, this applies to non-fw players too. So a good ole -10 pirate can run into a mission and as long as he has that magic faction standing value, he won't be attacked either. This info maybe a bit dated however, it's been probably 2 years since I last busted a FW mission with a toon with that kind of relevant standing.

[u]Fireworks and snowballs are great, but what I really want is a corpse launcher.[/u]

ShahFluffers
Ice Fire Warriors
#7 - 2014-07-07 08:19:05 UTC
Old problem. Check your personal standings (without skills being applied).