These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page123Next page

fix Planet Poco stealing

Author
Corraidhin Farsaidh
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#21 - 2014-07-06 20:10:37 UTC  |  Edited by: Corraidhin Farsaidh
Tal Risen wrote:
masternerdguy wrote:
Tal Risen wrote:

so basically your logic to fix this problem, is to just be the problem.

No, it's to think like a pirate.

Ok you can think like a pirate, but also is there a way to fix the problem.

Have an alt ready to lay the new poco at the click of a button and try to get in first...also scout the planet for other ships in POCO laying range before taking the last bit of structure

Note: this isn't a fix as I don't see that one is required, these are my suggestions to avoid the same happening again
Tal Risen
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#22 - 2014-07-06 20:16:14 UTC  |  Edited by: Tal Risen
Corraidhin Farsaidh wrote:
Tal Risen wrote:
masternerdguy wrote:
Tal Risen wrote:

so basically your logic to fix this problem, is to just be the problem.

No, it's to think like a pirate.

Ok you can think like a pirate, but also is there a way to fix the problem.

Have an alt ready to lay the new poco at the click of a button and try to get in first...also scout the planet for other ships in POCO laying range before taking the last bit of structure

Note: this isn't a fix as I don't see that one is required, these are my suggestions to avoid the same happening again

So alot of **** can have a timer that has to do with combat and pvp, but a war dec killing poco, does not need a timer for when you kill a poco? considering anyone can put a poco down when one is dead.

also i had a alt ready to put it down, was at the planet already and i pressed put it down right when the poco died lol.
Danika Princip
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#23 - 2014-07-06 20:34:10 UTC
Towers work the same way, would you add a timer there too and remove ninja towering completely? Roll
Tal Risen
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#24 - 2014-07-06 20:55:30 UTC
Danika Princip wrote:
Towers work the same way, would you add a timer there too and remove ninja towering completely? Roll

No one Ninja towers though lol, and yes there needs to be a timer lol whats the point of having to war dec a corp to kill a poco in high sec, if someone can just put one down the second you kill one.
Danika Princip
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#25 - 2014-07-06 20:59:12 UTC
Tal Risen wrote:
Danika Princip wrote:

No one Ninja towers though lol, and yes there needs to be a timer lol whats the point of having to war dec a corp to kill a poco in high sec, if someone can just put one down the second you kill one.

I've seen it done several times.

Please understand: You are a carebear asking for the game mechanics to be changed to help you to avoid further PVP. That's not going to happen.
Tal Risen
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#26 - 2014-07-06 21:04:46 UTC  |  Edited by: Tal Risen
Danika Princip wrote:
Tal Risen wrote:
Danika Princip wrote:

Please understand: You are a carebear asking for the game mechanics to be changed to help you to avoid further PVP. That's not going to happen.

I am not wanting to avoid more pvp, considering ive killed 170bil isk already, i just think if they want the planet they should of killed the poco for it, not steal it after someone who paid isk and time to get it.
Considering half the game has timers for other ****, why not this.
Saisin
Chao3's Rogue Operatives Corp
#27 - 2014-07-06 21:17:24 UTC
Unfortunately there is no way in game to fix this problem, and I am afraid that this is something you need to be able. Handle...

I am not familiar with the suspect mechanics to attack a poco, but one thing you may do is bring the poco down to close to end structure, then keep a cloake alt around and disconnect your main force.

Wait a few hours to wear the ninja poco guys, and also put them on your watch list to see if they are on. Then you can do the last shots as quick as possible and stop if you see the ninja logged in or logging in.
You can play the waiting game with them, where you have the initiative...

Good luck.

Vote Borat Guereen for CSM XII

Check out the Minarchist Space Project

Falin Whalen
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#28 - 2014-07-07 01:16:40 UTC
Tal Risen wrote:

I am not wanting to avoid more pvp, considering ive killed 170bil isk already, i just think if they want the planet they should of killed the poco for it, not steal it after someone who paid isk and time to get it.
Considering half the game has timers for other ****, why not this.

The only person having a problem with this is you. They were smart and let you do all the dirty work for them. Kudos for them. Just because you got out played, or weren't fast enough plopping down the POCO, doesn't make it a problem for CCP to "fix".

Deal with it.

"it's only because of their stupidity that they're able to be so sure of themselves." The Trial - Franz Kafka 

Kaerakh
Obscure Joke Implied
#29 - 2014-07-07 01:29:00 UTC
Tal Risen wrote:
masternerdguy wrote:
Tal Risen wrote:
masternerdguy wrote:
Working as intended.

What is? stealing a planet after someone does all the work? yea its working.

Work smarter not harder. Why don't you try doing it to someone else and let them do the work? Think like a pirate.

Lol that is a good point but same time has noting to do with timers and all.

Dude, anything someone can do to you you can do back to them as much as you want in what ever way you want. Instead of spamming the features and ideas board like it's the whiners and whining board why don't you HTFU?
Hal Morsh
Doomheim
#30 - 2014-07-07 01:42:42 UTC
So.... War dec them if it's high sec, pop the poco and kill them for it, either they attempt to fight back, or they waste isk on more pocos. It's irritating but not something mechanics will be changed for. Plenty is unfair in eve, all you can do is be a pain in the ass for them, make it not worth their time or make then pay for it.

It's just more gameplay. You have to fight for your belongings in eve, even if you placed the poco who's to say others wouldn't take it back or shoot at it and guerrilla warfare you into boredum. Remember they have to spend as much time paying attention as you to take it even if you are the one shooting at it.

Probably a bit hypocritical of me but ohwell.

Oh, I perfectly understand, Hal Morsh — a mission like this requires courage, skill, and heroism… qualities you are clearly lacking. Have you forgotten you're one of the bloody immortals!?

James Nikolas Tesla
Tesla Holdings
#31 - 2014-07-07 01:45:22 UTC
How about this, after the POCO is destroyed, there is a one day timer that won't allow anyone to plant a POCO until the timer is done. Then, it's first come first serve.

I only read the OP, sue me.

CODE is just a bunch of pirates; smart, organized pirates. It doesn't help to rage at them because that is exactly what they want. Dust yourself off and get back on your feet, you don't even have to talk to them.

Daichi Yamato
Jabbersnarks and Wonderglass
#32 - 2014-07-07 02:02:01 UTC
trouble with the op is that he feels entitled to place a POCO because he declared a war and shot the predecessor.

The war ONLY allows u to shoot the occupying POCO. It does not mean u get first dibs to put ur own in its place.

perhaps next time u can have some friends nearby in some cats, ready to gank ppl trying to do this.

EVE FAQ "7.2 CAN I AVOID PVP COMPLETELY? No; there are no systems or locations in New Eden where PvP may be completely avoided"

Daichi Yamato's version of structure based decs

Alvatore DiMarco
Capricious Endeavours Ltd
#33 - 2014-07-07 02:09:12 UTC  |  Edited by: Alvatore DiMarco
Tal Risen wrote:
You know i love spending 3 hours putting a poco into reinforce then another 30 mins taking the poco down just for some big named alliance, won't say the name, to put a poco down half second before i do, like really? how is this legal? that's kind of like saying ill work 8 hours and the other guy can just have my pay check for doing no work.

Maybe put something into the game, if you got them war dec only you and allies can put a poco down.
Or hey maybe a timer cause ccp love timers, you have 2 mins to put your poco down!

-Waits for the posts saying i am a noob, and can get over it, qq cry cry-

I have waited forever for the perfect thread for this reply.

In all seriousness, I don't think you understand what game exactly it is that you are playing. This is not "Fair Play Online" or "Courtesy Online" or "Wait Your Turn Online". This is "**** You Online". This is "Cutthroat Online". This is "Exploit Their Weaknesses Online". This is Motherfucking Sparta Online. But mostly ...

This. Is. EVE.

Welcome to New Eden.
Corraidhin Farsaidh
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#34 - 2014-07-07 06:59:32 UTC
Alvatore DiMarco wrote:
Tal Risen wrote:
You know i love spending 3 hours putting a poco into reinforce then another 30 mins taking the poco down just for some big named alliance, won't say the name, to put a poco down half second before i do, like really? how is this legal? that's kind of like saying ill work 8 hours and the other guy can just have my pay check for doing no work.

Maybe put something into the game, if you got them war dec only you and allies can put a poco down.
Or hey maybe a timer cause ccp love timers, you have 2 mins to put your poco down!

-Waits for the posts saying i am a noob, and can get over it, qq cry cry-

I have waited forever for the perfect thread for this reply.

In all seriousness, I don't think you understand what game exactly it is that you are playing. This is not "Fair Play Online" or "Courtesy Online" or "Wait Your Turn Online". This is "**** You Online". This is "Cutthroat Online". This is "Exploit Their Weaknesses Online". This is Motherfucking Sparta Online. But mostly ...

This. Is. EVE.

Welcome to New Eden.

You needd to yell the second last line...it's a good reply but it's not quite Carling...
Petrified
Old and Petrified Syndication
TOG - The Older Gamers Alliance
#35 - 2014-07-07 07:20:27 UTC  |  Edited by: Petrified
Yeah, this sucks. However:

1 - have more people assist you in dropping the POCO
2 - have your own immediately on hand with the upgrade materials
3 - bump their industrial like crazy and
4 - scoop their POCO before they can anchor.

Tal Risen wrote:
Danika Princip wrote:

*ahem* Actually, they can ninja towers pretty easily. I know this for a fact.
Timers won't solve your problem. What is the timer being applied to? You just blew the structure up!!
CCP will not be able to solve your problem without making the process more complicated and therefore easier to break.

Cloaking is the closest thing to a "Pause Game" button one can get while in space.

Support better localization for the Japanese Community.

Apelacja
Sad Najwyzszy
#36 - 2014-07-07 09:15:36 UTC  |  Edited by: Apelacja
Petrified wrote:
Yeah, this sucks. However:

1 - have more people assist you in dropping the POCO
2 - have your own immediately on hand with the upgrade materials
3 - bump their industrial like crazy and
4 - scoop their POCO before they can anchor.

Tal Risen wrote:
Danika Princip wrote:

*ahem* Actually, they can ninja towers pretty easily. I know this for a fact.
Timers won't solve your problem. What is the timer being applied to? You just blew the structure up!!
CCP will not be able to solve your problem without making the process more complicated and therefore easier to break.

Big lol.....the problem is place for POCO and POS is only one....but range of anchoring is crazy big and all structures are magically teleported.
Before u start to talk about things u should have any idea how it works.

And yea it is problem. Another story it is rather not promoting PVP at any way in hs. Answer for another ppl who were suggesting something like that.

Simple solution is make anchoring initiation process of structures is to take like 10 s when ppl have time to react and make anchoring possible only in the given distance from marked point like 2-3 km.

And before u will start talking bullshit right now anchoring initiation takes exactly 1 server tick.
afkalt
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#37 - 2014-07-07 09:39:05 UTC
Danika Princip wrote:
Tal Risen wrote:
Danika Princip wrote:

To be fair it sounds more like he wants it changed so OTHERS have to stop avoiding the PvP required.
Rab See
Stellar Dynamics
#38 - 2014-07-07 09:58:45 UTC
1st POCO my corp 'took' was of this kind, pile of numpties shooting with their corpmates, all gussied up in their best finery. Interbus weren't shooting back so they thought it was PVE content.

At the last minute, charge in with vindi or two, tip it over before their hauler is ready, bingo.

You might take note, you can dictate when it happens!!! If there is someone watching, or decloaked nearby (to scan hos far youve got) then play smart - stop or slow down for 15 mins, **** them off, or work out when they are online and do it when they arent. Log off a large gang and have cloaky haluer in place ready to deploy. Make them offgrid to deploy.

Learn from your stupidity and you will do better.
Apelacja
Sad Najwyzszy
#39 - 2014-07-07 12:15:06 UTC
Rab See wrote:
1st POCO my corp 'took' was of this kind, pile of numpties shooting with their corpmates, all gussied up in their best finery. Interbus weren't shooting back so they thought it was PVE content.

At the last minute, charge in with vindi or two, tip it over before their hauler is ready, bingo.

You might take note, you can dictate when it happens!!! If there is someone watching, or decloaked nearby (to scan hos far youve got) then play smart - stop or slow down for 15 mins, **** them off, or work out when they are online and do it when they arent. Log off a large gang and have cloaky haluer in place ready to deploy. Make them offgrid to deploy.

Learn from your stupidity and you will do better.

lol everybody will just use an alt corp m8 dont be dumb.

Pearl Canopus
#40 - 2014-07-07 13:50:05 UTC  |  Edited by: Pearl Canopus
Learn from your fault and do not repeat it.

Not everything needs to be regulated by game mechanics. Something should stay sandbox.
I take no care of this issue really, because it's no issue.
Previous page123Next page