These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page12

More Projection, Not Less.

First post
Author
Haaranovor tenn
Hedion University
Amarr Empire
#21 - 2014-07-05 16:52:26 UTC
Bring back motherships, give them bridges too.
Dhaq
Doomheim
#22 - 2014-07-05 17:01:02 UTC
Give hub stations in hisec jump bridges to other hub stations
Seven Koskanaiken
Shadow Legions.
#23 - 2014-07-05 17:06:03 UTC
rogue Aldebaran wrote:
Catherine Janeway would totally agree with you!

Crossing a Galaxy should be easy and quick.

But then you would have missed out of 7 seasons of Neelix.
Lugia3
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#24 - 2014-07-06 13:42:09 UTC  |  Edited by: Lugia3
A frigate gang can cross the map in a little under an hour, assuming their hauling ass and not getting caught in bubbles.

A battleship gang can cross the map in a little under 3 hours, also assuming they don't get caught in a bubble.

A carrier ball can cross the map in literally 5 minutes. Let that sink in for a moment. Ships that absolutely wreck any and all subs when used properly, are also by far the fastest. And don't bring cost or T3's into this, T3's don't have jump drives and 1.5+ million EHP.

"CCP Dolan is full of shit." - CCP Bettik

Garresh
Mackies Raiders
Wild Geese.
#25 - 2014-07-06 15:22:19 UTC  |  Edited by: Garresh
Eve should be big. As a solo player who isn't worth a cyno drop I don't care too much either way. That said, logistics are a key part of eve. I remember having to plan and manage my own supply line when I lived in wspace and how vulnerable I was when moving supplies in and loot out.

Frankly I don't know why null should be any different. I fly around there and as long as I don't visit major hubs I won't see players for a dozen jumps. Maybe I'm just naive but it does seem odd to me how a relatively "small" group of players holds well over 50% of eve's total territory.

Regardless, it has no effect on me besides giving me large regions of space I can have to myself while I make money. But it would be more fun if people in null actually tried to kill me with half the intensity of the players in lowsec. Its boring when nobody shoots at me for several hours.

This Space Intentionally Left Blank

Eugene Kerner
TunDraGon
Goonswarm Federation
#26 - 2014-07-06 18:14:40 UTC
Garresh wrote:
Eve should be big. As a solo player who isn't worth a cyno drop .

I would drop a single capsule if its tackled.

TunDraGon is recruiting! "Also, your boobs [:o] "   CCP Eterne, 2012 "When in doubt...make a diȼk joke." Robin Williams - RIP

Felicity Love
Doomheim
#27 - 2014-07-06 18:25:35 UTC
Agreed.... MOAR projection, BEST projection.

Project right on through Hi Sec and up to the gates of Jita... such a pity everyone wants an "End Game" instead of just having fun.

Candyasses. P

"EVE is dying." -- The Four Forum Trolls of the Apocalypse.   ( Pick four, any four. They all smell.  )

Serene Repose
#28 - 2014-07-07 06:55:31 UTC
If God gives you lemons, start another religion.

We must accommodate the idiocracy.

Flamespar
WarRavens
#29 - 2014-07-07 09:27:32 UTC
I think part of the problem is that there isn't enough interesting stuff to do in their own region of space.
Maeltstome
Ten Thousand Days
#30 - 2014-07-07 10:12:05 UTC
Paynus Maiassus wrote:
OK, so no comments about my general point of more force projection being better than less. And no comments about my specific examples of the fuel truck/bridger ship or using carriers to deploy fleets in space. Just a couple of inane joke posts and one post zeroing in on an offhand comment I made about smaller alliances using projection to damage the larger ones.

Yay Eve players! I love you! You're the reason why I play solo!

The issue you have is this: Any projection you provide to smaller groups can also be used to the advantage of larger groups, on a much larger scale.

Pre-nerfing it means that you end up throwing a bunch of guys into a system in order to see everyone dock up and hide from you while a 'home defence' response is arranged.

Small groups are inherintly better at moving around quickly and chosing targets. Power projection applies to logistics as well as combat ships. This means they can afford to make 0.0 more safe and more difficult to gank.

The 'solution' you are advocating is simply a Nuclear arms race that wont solve the problem.
Grimpak
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#31 - 2014-07-07 11:51:33 UTC
I'm calling Malcanis' law on all of this.

[img]http://eve-files.com/sig/grimpak[/img]

[quote]The more I know about humans, the more I love animals.[/quote] ain't that right

Lugia3
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#32 - 2014-07-07 13:47:40 UTC
Maeltstome wrote:
Paynus Maiassus wrote:
OK, so no comments about my general point of more force projection being better than less. And no comments about my specific examples of the fuel truck/bridger ship or using carriers to deploy fleets in space. Just a couple of inane joke posts and one post zeroing in on an offhand comment I made about smaller alliances using projection to damage the larger ones.

Yay Eve players! I love you! You're the reason why I play solo!

The issue you have is this: Any projection you provide to smaller groups can also be used to the advantage of larger groups, on a much larger scale.

Pre-nerfing it means that you end up throwing a bunch of guys into a system in order to see everyone dock up and hide from you while a 'home defence' response is arranged.

Small groups are inherintly better at moving around quickly and chosing targets. Power projection applies to logistics as well as combat ships. This means they can afford to make 0.0 more safe and more difficult to gank.

The 'solution' you are advocating is simply a Nuclear arms race that wont solve the problem.

Remove jump drives.

"CCP Dolan is full of shit." - CCP Bettik

Ramona McCandless
Silent Vale
LinkNet
#33 - 2014-07-07 13:51:51 UTC
Lugia3 wrote:

Remove jump drives.

Add one-shot jump drive attachable module to Frigates

"Yea, some dude came in and was normal for first couple months, so I gave him director." - Sean Dunaway

"A singular character could be hired to penetrate another corps space... using gorilla like tactics..." - Chane Morgann

Sodabro
Doomheim
#34 - 2014-07-07 13:54:27 UTC
all the force projection!!

(what's force projection?)
Previous page12