These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Charcter Transfer

First post
Author
Keat0n
Garoun Investment Bank
Gallente Federation
#1 - 2011-12-06 07:43:03 UTC
Hello,

Probably not the right forum for this one but I couldn't really find one that was any more appropriate. I'm trying to understand how character transfer works. I've read the wiki, and it wasn't very helpful to me. How does it work? Once i've created a new account and transfer my previous character over, is EVERYTHING transferred? For instance, are all my items, skillpoints, ships, etc transferred as well? I'm just now returning to the game, and this wasn't an option before. Was this created as an alternative to changing your username? Thanks for your help and I apologize in advance if I have posted in the wrong forum.
Majora Veneris
Doomheim
#2 - 2011-12-06 07:46:56 UTC
kEat0n wrote:
Hello,

Probably not the right forum for this one but I couldn't really find one that was any more appropriate. I'm trying to understand how character transfer works. I've read the wiki, and it wasn't very helpful to me. How does it work? Once i've created a new account and transfer my previous character over, is EVERYTHING transferred? For instance, are all my items, skillpoints, ships, etc transferred as well? I'm just now returning to the game, and this wasn't an option before. Was this created as an alternative to changing your username? Thanks for your help and I apologize in advance if I have posted in the wrong forum.

when you transfer a character, EVERYTHING is transfered over. any skills, implants, ships, assets, ect.

And im probably wrong, but i think the character bazaar was created to combat ebay sales of characters.

[b]A Good Forum Post Is Like A Skirt.... Long Enough To Cover The Subject Matter, But Short Enough To Keep Things Interesting.[/b]

Belidos Goveko
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#3 - 2011-12-06 07:50:23 UTC
kEat0n wrote:
Hello,

I have asked this on my other (closed) acocunt multiple times in tickets and all i have ever got back from them is something along the lines of "When selling a character you must remove all items and isk (leaving a positive wallet) from the character being sold before transfering, it is not permitted to sell items and isk along with the character".

Totally missing the point of my tickets lol, in the end i got fed up with asking and just closed the account so they not only lost the sub from that, they also lost the money i was going to pay to transfer.
GM Lelouch
Game Masters
C C P Alliance
#4 - 2011-12-06 08:14:47 UTC
kEat0n wrote:
Hello,

Yup, all of your assets and skills are transferred alongside the character.

Character transfers are mainly in place to permit players to legitimately sell characters for in-game ISK.

There is nothing stopping you from transferring a character between your own accounts though, I've seen quite a few instances of players consolidating characters to one account, say, when an industrial character requires no further training to be useful. This is not a violation of our rules by any means, the drawback is that you wouldn't be able to run both characters at the same time anymore.

Belidos Goveko wrote:
I have asked this on my other (closed) acocunt multiple times in tickets and all i have ever got back from them is something along the lines of "When selling a character you must remove all items and isk (leaving a positive wallet) from the character being sold before transfering, it is not permitted to sell items and isk along with the character".

Totally missing the point of my tickets lol, in the end i got fed up with asking and just closed the account so they not only lost the sub from that, they also lost the money i was going to pay to transfer.

It is not against the rules per-se to have items on an account when a character is sold. You won't get into any trouble because you sold a character while it still had a couple drakes or hurricanes in a hangar somewhere within the EVE universe.

We however do not permit character sale advertisements to promise the inclusion of certain items/assets, aside from implant sets. The character sale is for the character and its skills only, plus any plugged in implants.

Inclusion of items into the sale contract was quite common once upon a time and it really overcomplicated things; we received a lot of tickets in regards to certain promised items being in a difficult to reach location (0.0 conquerable stations and such), and even certain items not having been present at all upon receipt of the character. While the character might indeed have that faction fitted raven navy issue, the buyer might feel a bit cheated if the ship was located deep in 0.0 space in a station inaccessible to him/her.

It quite honestly was a mess and it caused a lot of frustration to both our players and our GM staff. We therefore decided to just do away with character + asset sales by limiting the sale contracts to the character and its skillpoints only. This is also why we do not permit down payments when characters are being bought. It just complicated things, especially when these down payments ended up not being honored in the future.

Full character sale rules can be found here.

Best regards, Lead GM Lelouch CCP Customer Support | EVE Online | DUST 514

Sadayiel
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#5 - 2011-12-06 08:19:09 UTC  |  Edited by: Sadayiel
Belidos Goveko wrote:
kEat0n wrote:
Hello,

the transfer character it's a way to simply move one character from account A to account B

What does get transferred??

Everything owned by THAT CHARACTER ingame, either isk,mods,ships,corp ownership (well not sure if you can transfer a CEO character fully sure)

Only account reward items (genolution as example) should be lost if not claimed before the transfer.

The only request so far it's they should have a positive wallet, their real Sec status should be know before the sell (to avoid isk scamming since the buyer can't really play the character, unless it's grind status back) AND it's recommende to not own large quantities of either ISK or ASSETS, as it may seems suspicios of hacking more than a char transfer.

P.S: Meh beaten by Lelouch Big smile
Keat0n
Garoun Investment Bank
Gallente Federation
#6 - 2011-12-06 08:19:21 UTC

Quote:

Character transfers are mainly in place to permit players to legitimately sell characters for in-game ISK.

There is nothing stopping you from transferring a character between your own accounts though, I've seen quite a few instances of players consolidating characters to one account, say, when an industrial character requires no further training to be useful. This is not a violation of our rules by any means, the drawback is that you wouldn't be able to run both characters at the same time anymore.

So in order to transfer my character, which is on a paid account, do I have to create a new paid account? Or can I just create a new account and the payment will be transferred over?
Belidos Goveko
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#7 - 2011-12-06 08:33:39 UTC
kEat0n wrote:

Quote:

So in order to transfer my character, which is on a paid account, do I have to create a new paid account? Or can I just create a new account and the payment will be transferred over?

Payments are account based not character based, so yes if you want to move a character to another account then that other account needs to be payed for.
GM Lelouch
Game Masters
C C P Alliance
#8 - 2011-12-06 09:00:14 UTC
Belidos Goveko wrote:
kEat0n wrote:

Quote:

Payments are account based not character based, so yes if you want to move a character to another account then that other account needs to be payed for.

This is correct!

Sadayiel wrote:
Everything owned by THAT CHARACTER ingame, either isk,mods,ships,corp ownership (well not sure if you can transfer a CEO character fully sure)

Characters can only be transferred while in an NPC run corporation. This is to prevent corp thefts and such after a character has been sold to a different player. Also, as a side-note, it is a violation of our rules to pass yourself off as the previous owner of the character. It would not be allowed to contact the old corporation and pass yourself off as the old owner of the character in hopes that they will instantly add you back to the corporation.

Best regards, Lead GM Lelouch CCP Customer Support | EVE Online | DUST 514

Ava n'Daara
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#9 - 2011-12-06 09:00:20 UTC  |  Edited by: Ava n'Daara
How is it that if someone can buy a skilled character, I can't buy a remap?

Is the fact that the purchased characters have trained historically by someone according to the rules enough to justify this? Seems pretty weak to me.

Edit: Sorry for the derail, despite its being somewhat related.
Keat0n
Garoun Investment Bank
Gallente Federation
#10 - 2011-12-06 09:26:51 UTC
So I just reactivated my account. I bought 3 months of game time. Do I now lose those 3 months because I'm going to transfer my character over now?
Ishtanchuk Fazmarai
#11 - 2011-12-06 09:32:23 UTC
Ava n'Daara wrote:

Is the fact that the purchased characters have trained historically by someone according to the rules enough to justify this? Seems pretty weak to me.

Remapping skills is a pay-to-win, money-above-time stuff, and so is a no-no and "no" means NO thing.

Roses are red / Violets are blue / I am an Alpha / And so it's you

Terrorfrodo
Interbus Universal
#12 - 2011-12-06 10:32:00 UTC
kEat0n wrote:

kEat0n wrote:
So I just reactivated my account. I bought 3 months of game time. Do I now lose those 3 months because I'm going to transfer my character over now?

WHY do you want to remove the char from your account if you do not already have another account? Why would you create a new account and then transfer a character onto it? Why not just use your current account?

Keat0n
Garoun Investment Bank
Gallente Federation
#13 - 2011-12-06 22:55:05 UTC
Because I hate my username. I made it when I as 14 and it's 4 years later and I realize it's stupid. So I thought if I made a new account with a username I wanted..I could essentially change my username.
Halcyon Ingenium
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#14 - 2011-12-06 22:59:53 UTC
Ishtanchuk Fazmarai wrote:
Ava n'Daara wrote:

Remapping skills is a pay-to-win, money-above-time stuff, and so is a no-no and "no" means NO thing.

I hope this is sarcasm.

By the way, since we're already talking, do you want to buy a rifter? I've got the cheapest rifters in Metropolis. If you can find a cheaper rifter, buy it!

Keat0n
Garoun Investment Bank
Gallente Federation
#15 - 2011-12-07 02:06:40 UTC
kEat0n wrote:
Because I hate my username. I made it when I as 14 and it's 4 years later and I realize it's stupid. So I thought if I made a new account with a username I wanted..I could essentially change my username.

Anyone? Do I really have to create a new PAID account to do this?
Terrorfrodo
Interbus Universal
#16 - 2011-12-07 08:33:48 UTC
kEat0n wrote:

I'm guessing you mean the name of your character? Then character transfer will help you nothing because the name of the character will be unchanged on the other account. If you are really referring to the 'username' you enter at login... well, nobody except yourself ever sees it, so what does it matter?

Keat0n
Garoun Investment Bank
Gallente Federation
#17 - 2011-12-07 10:41:33 UTC
Terrorfrodo wrote:
kEat0n wrote:

I'm guessing you mean the name of your character? Then character transfer will help you nothing because the name of the character will be unchanged on the other account. If you are really referring to the 'username' you enter at login... well, nobody except yourself ever sees it, so what does it matter?

Ugh, that's a shame. CCP should really set up an option to change your username for a fee. I believe it would generate a large amount of profit