These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
123Next pageLast page
 

EVE IS FALLING

First post
Author
Gingas2552
Doomheim
#1 - 2011-12-06 20:56:54 UTC
Well we’ve come to a point in history within Eve that I personally never thought would happen. With the versatility, and un-predictability the Eve developers have strived to put into place in this game, one would think this sort of thing could never happen. The fact is Eve it’s self is about to fall!

By fall I mean the influence of one major player group in the game, is in other words near to winning the game, by controlling virtually all of the 0.0 space many of us know and enjoy. We are already past the tipping point of this happening, as I will go into detail.

If one looks at current Eve influence map, I will go into detail starting from the Space in 0.0, controlled by the “Red Alliance”. The “Red Alliance”, is a member of what we consider the, “Drone Russian Federation, ie. DRF”. In it’s most basic form the DRF. The DRF includes the likes of “Red Alliance”, “Solar Fleet”, “Legion of Death”, “Intrepid Crossing”, as well there associates pet alliances which are renters of there space.

This group in it’s self is, and has been the largest area of influence controlled in the game for some time. This group was only offset by what use to be referred to as the Northern Coalition.

Without going into a bunch of political jargon, the brief story is this. Last winter there was a war between the DRF, and the former N.C.. Basically the two forces were pretty evenly matched, but then a couple of real life millionaires, infused real life cash into the game during the war on behalf of the DRF. After this the DRF formed alliances with the likes of “White Noise”, the newly formed “NC.”, “Raiden”, as well as the all too famous, “Pandemic Legion”. Once this alliance was formed, the former Northern Coalition was easily defeated, and disbanded. The Goon Swarm, and Test Alliance, idly stood by, as these factions were already close friends of the DRF.

So today with the Goon Swarn, re-taking the Delve region. Once this is done, this group of alliances, backed by the DRF, will only have one last pocket of 0.0 to conquer to virtually all of 0.0 space. It will fall easily. Who would have thought this would, or could have ever actually happened.

I personally find it humorous that organizations like White Noise, “Former Triumvrite”, or NC, DOT, “More Former Triumvrite”, Raiden, “Former BOB”, as well as a whole lot of smaller PVP alliances, that were dedicated to destroying all the large power blocks, have in fact, successfully formed the largest single power block in the game to day.

As for Pandemic Legion, the once touted ultimate pirate, PVP alliance. Our former Heroes the ones the made a point of having no friends, attacking all, and spitting in the eyes of all the major alliances. They too have become simple guard dogs for all the DRF and it’s associates. Who of us would have ever thought that possible.


So is the way of EVE.

But when this is finally done, when virtually all of 0.0 is under one principle influence, what of CCP? Normally I would be blasting CCP for letting this actually happen, but sincerely it was no fault of there’s. I’m certain if they could come up some kind of fix for this they would. After all no one has more to loose than they do. 0.0 is supposed to be the home to all the major fights, all the major engagements, the land of war!

I can give you a simple fix, Ban “Pandemic Legion” for 6 months or more. LOL. This would in fact fix this, in the short term. But we all know this wouldn’t be possible.

Fact is, they really have no way to fix this. Good luck with this one guys. Personally I’ll be storing my stuff, going back to High Sec, become a mission runner, & pirate, They want it, they can have it.

Politics being what it is, the best option is if your associated with an alliance residing in any 0.0, pack your bags, and move back to high sec. If we could in fact muster this sort of movement, “we all know we can’t though, the collective mind is simply to damned independent”. But if we could, they could all just hangout together and sing Kumbia.

Looking forward to responses.

Mashie Saldana
Jamgu Initiatives
#2 - 2011-12-06 20:57:41 UTC
Petrus Blackshell
Rifterlings
#3 - 2011-12-06 21:00:02 UTC
TL;DR:
0.0 politics ruined 0.0 for everyone ever and now everything is stagnant and failing.

2012 will be the end of the world.

QQ.

Accidentally The Whole Frigate - For-newbies blog (currently on pause)

Vimsy Vortis
Shoulda Checked Local
Break-A-Wish Foundation
#4 - 2011-12-06 21:00:49 UTC
Everyone panic!
Rellik B00n
Lethal Death Squad
#5 - 2011-12-06 21:01:04 UTC
**** em, keep expanding wormhole space.

nullers gonna null
[Of a request for change ask: Who Benefits?](https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&find=unread&t=199765)
FluffyDice
Kronos Research
#6 - 2011-12-06 21:01:11 UTC
I'm afraid I don't agree.
Dalmont Delantee
Xoth Inc
#7 - 2011-12-06 21:02:24 UTC

Watch the political map of EVE videos that are on youtube, you will see that this happens time and time again in EVE and then gets split apart, BOB, the old Goonswam etc etc etc all fall apart.

Also read the first bit then realised that you were badly informed and decided not to read the rest :P
Ptraci
3 R Corporation
#8 - 2011-12-06 21:11:13 UTC
Yah and that's all just a single patch away from being changed in mysterious and irrevocable ways if the devs smell stagnation.
Jaroslav Unwanted
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#9 - 2011-12-06 21:11:14 UTC
if i remember correctly.

such situation has happened before. Didnt last.
In other words
They exist because its allowed, they will get destroyed because someone will demand it.
KrakizBad
Section 8.
#10 - 2011-12-06 21:11:27 UTC
Ban PL? Really? The fate of all 0.0 rests on the fact that you're mad you lost a ship in losec to PL?

Get out.
Surfin's PlunderBunny
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#11 - 2011-12-06 21:12:42 UTC
Just remember op... you can change it if you really really try. http://i44.tinypic.com/rmp46x.jpg

"Little ginger moron" ~David Hasselhoff 

Want to see what Surf is training or how little isk Surf has?  http://eveboard.com/pilot/Surfin%27s_PlunderBunny

Nova Fox
Novafox Shipyards
#12 - 2011-12-06 21:14:37 UTC
isnt PL like the most sleep nuller there is?

Dust 514's CPM 1 Iron Wolf Saber Eve mail me about Dust 514 issues.

Solstice Project
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#13 - 2011-12-06 21:20:36 UTC  |  Edited by: Solstice Project
Forum alt = worthless pile of **** too scared of having a real voice, hiding.
Solstice Project
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#14 - 2011-12-06 21:24:42 UTC
Surfin's PlunderBunny wrote:
Just remember op... you can change it if you really really try. http://i44.tinypic.com/rmp46x.jpg


*LMFAO*
Soi Mala
Whacky Waving Inflatable Flailing Arm Tubemen
#15 - 2011-12-06 21:31:57 UTC  |  Edited by: Soi Mala
Someone needs to cross the line again and spawn a new war of real life hatred ala goons/bob.


Also -

Solstice Project wrote:
[quote=Surfin's PlunderBunny]Just remember op... you can change it if you really really try. http://i44.tinypic.com/rmp46x.jpg


LOL
Metal Icarus
Wraithguard.
The Wraithguard.
#16 - 2011-12-06 21:38:00 UTC  |  Edited by: Metal Icarus

  • They literally said this same crap 6 months ago.

I am not saying the war is over (or anywhere close for that matter), but the war is long and the victor is still in the air.

*pulls out book of teh old forums*

According to history, It has happened before and will happen again.

At the very least we can say we tried.... Much better than saying "Yeah we moved to highsec before the war started" which means you bent over, let them *** in your ass and you promptly thanked them and walked away.
who shat themselves
Hedion University
Amarr Empire
#17 - 2011-12-06 21:42:09 UTC
Gingas2552 wrote:
Well we’ve come to a point in history within Eve that I personally never thought would happen. With the versatility, and un-predictability the Eve developers have strived to put into place in this game, one would think this sort of thing could never happen. The fact is Eve it’s self is about to fall!

By fall I mean the influence of one major player group in the game, is in other words near to winning the game, by controlling virtually all of the 0.0 space many of us know and enjoy. We are already past the tipping point of this happening, as I will go into detail.

If one looks at current Eve influence map, I will go into detail starting from the Space in 0.0, controlled by the “Red Alliance”. The “Red Alliance”, is a member of what we consider the, “Drone Russian Federation, ie. DRF”. In it’s most basic form the DRF. The DRF includes the likes of “Red Alliance”, “Solar Fleet”, “Legion of Death”, “Intrepid Crossing”, as well there associates pet alliances which are renters of there space.

This group in it’s self is, and has been the largest area of influence controlled in the game for some time. This group was only offset by what use to be referred to as the Northern Coalition.

Without going into a bunch of political jargon, the brief story is this. Last winter there was a war between the DRF, and the former N.C.. Basically the two forces were pretty evenly matched, but then a couple of real life millionaires, infused real life cash into the game during the war on behalf of the DRF. After this the DRF formed alliances with the likes of “White Noise”, the newly formed “NC.”, “Raiden”, as well as the all too famous, “Pandemic Legion”. Once this alliance was formed, the former Northern Coalition was easily defeated, and disbanded. The Goon Swarm, and Test Alliance, idly stood by, as these factions were already close friends of the DRF.

So today with the Goon Swarn, re-taking the Delve region. Once this is done, this group of alliances, backed by the DRF, will only have one last pocket of 0.0 to conquer to virtually all of 0.0 space. It will fall easily. Who would have thought this would, or could have ever actually happened.

I personally find it humorous that organizations like White Noise, “Former Triumvrite”, or NC, DOT, “More Former Triumvrite”, Raiden, “Former BOB”, as well as a whole lot of smaller PVP alliances, that were dedicated to destroying all the large power blocks, have in fact, successfully formed the largest single power block in the game to day.

As for Pandemic Legion, the once touted ultimate pirate, PVP alliance. Our former Heroes the ones the made a point of having no friends, attacking all, and spitting in the eyes of all the major alliances. They too have become simple guard dogs for all the DRF and it’s associates. Who of us would have ever thought that possible.


So is the way of EVE.

But when this is finally done, when virtually all of 0.0 is under one principle influence, what of CCP? Normally I would be blasting CCP for letting this actually happen, but sincerely it was no fault of there’s. I’m certain if they could come up some kind of fix for this they would. After all no one has more to loose than they do. 0.0 is supposed to be the home to all the major fights, all the major engagements, the land of war!

I can give you a simple fix, Ban “Pandemic Legion” for 6 months or more. LOL. This would in fact fix this, in the short term. But we all know this wouldn’t be possible.

Fact is, they really have no way to fix this. Good luck with this one guys. Personally I’ll be storing my stuff, going back to High Sec, become a mission runner, & pirate, They want it, they can have it.

Politics being what it is, the best option is if your associated with an alliance residing in any 0.0, pack your bags, and move back to high sec. If we could in fact muster this sort of movement, “we all know we can’t though, the collective mind is simply to damned independent”. But if we could, they could all just hangout together and sing Kumbia.

Looking forward to responses.



Nah :)
1-Up Mushroom
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#18 - 2011-12-06 21:43:12 UTC
lol?
5 Senses In A Person... 4 Seasons In A Year... 3 Colors In A Stoplight... 2 Poles On The Earth... ONLY 1-UP MUSHROOM!!!  If You Like My Sig, Like Me!   Remember EVE is EVErything!
Astrid Stjerna
Sebiestor Tribe
#19 - 2011-12-06 22:14:32 UTC
Dalmont Delantee wrote:

Watch the political map of EVE videos that are on youtube, you will see that this happens time and time again in EVE and then gets split apart, BOB, the old Goonswam etc etc etc all fall apart.

Also read the first bit then realised that you were badly informed and decided not to read the rest :P


Historically, multi-corp rulership of this nature is very unstable. With several thousand systems to oversee, and multiple alliances/factions/groups with their own internal politics and allegiances (which can -- and often do -- fracture as easily as they're made), I don't see the 0.0 takeover as a long-term issue.

That said, stability in 0.0 never lasts of its own accord. The flyboys out there will get bored eventually and move towards more populous sectors of the galaxy and the tide will shift again.

I can't get rid of my darn signature!  Oh, wait....

Cipher Jones
The Thomas Edwards Taco Tuesday All Stars
#20 - 2011-12-06 22:18:04 UTC
Posting in another Eve is dying thread, possibly the millionth.

internet spaceships

are serious business sir.

and don't forget it

123Next pageLast page