These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

EVE end game, a Rich Man's Game?

Author
LUMINOUS SPIRIT
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#81 - 2014-07-02 18:43:52 UTC
THCS wrote:
... An average pilot makes roughly 60-100 mil/hr from ratting. To earn a plex, it takes 7-12 hrs to plex one account....

In high-end wormholes soloable content generates you 500-700mil in 15-20 minutes on average.

Couple of hours of running sites is all you need to finance ALL your toons.

If you wish to continue playing in null-sec with capitals, dedicate a high-skilled alt to a wormhole crew to generate iskies.
Titania Hrothgar
Nemesis Retribution
#82 - 2014-07-02 18:44:01 UTC
Schmata Bastanold wrote:
Titania Hrothgar wrote:
Schmata Bastanold wrote:
Clearly you are not married.

Clearly I am. We met on an online game about 15 years ago. She and I play WoW together and I play this.

Oh, I understand now why you said that wife > Eve. WoW players are sensitive and you have to be gentle around them. I know I would do anything only to avoid tears and whine IRL.

:)

You sound as if you have/would marry someone who makes you unhappy. Why? I found someone whose hobbies parallel my own. That's what everyone should do, but they're all too eager to be married to wait to meet the right one.

All the world's a stage and all the men and women are the players.

James Amril-Kesh
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#83 - 2014-07-02 18:45:45 UTC
THCS wrote:
James Amril-Kesh wrote:
No wonder you're poor.

Says the guy who paid for eve all these years with real cash. Apparently I'm a couple hundred richer than you because I subbed with plexs I earned...

A couple hundred dollars? Color me impressed.
I've been plexing for a while, by the way.

Enjoying the rain today? ;)

Tau Cabalander
Retirement Retreat
Working Stiffs
#84 - 2014-07-02 19:02:00 UTC
THCS wrote:
Says the guy who paid for eve all these years with real cash. Apparently I'm a couple hundred richer than you because I subbed with plexs I earned...

True, though I've not had to worry about earning ISK to buy PLEX, and just have fun doing whatever I want to do.

You might consider reducing your PLEX load via even one subscription. You may find that affordable, plus reduces the demands on your in-game wallet. You don't have to subscribe or PLEX all your accounts.
THCS
Royal Amarr Institute
Amarr Empire
#85 - 2014-07-02 19:03:51 UTC
James Amril-Kesh wrote:
THCS wrote:
James Amril-Kesh wrote:
No wonder you're poor.

Man I don't understand you...What you're position on the matter then... I guess this guy only end-game is to irritate people online.

Congrats dude. You successful done what you've set out to do...
Leoric Firesword
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#86 - 2014-07-02 19:04:51 UTC
look into PI, market trading, scamming.

all these take considerably less time.

as far as that goes, with 2 PI alts and a little help from this character for extra PI extraction I was able to plex my account and have roughly 1 bil extra to play around with...something tells me you're doing it wrong.
James Amril-Kesh
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#87 - 2014-07-02 19:04:54 UTC
THCS wrote:
James Amril-Kesh wrote:
THCS wrote:
James Amril-Kesh wrote:
No wonder you're poor.

Man I don't understand you...What you're position on the matter then... I guess this guy only end-game is to irritate people online.

Congrats dude. You successful done what you've set out to do...

I'm sorry for correcting your math? It's still wrong though.

Enjoying the rain today? ;)

Seven Koskanaiken
Shadow Legions.
Two Vargurs one Hole
#88 - 2014-07-02 19:15:18 UTC  |  Edited by: Seven Koskanaiken
THCS wrote:
MatrixSkye Mk2 wrote:
I too would like to own 3 accounts. But I don't because I cannot afford them.

So, what's the moral of the story?

High plex prices make it harder for you to play without paying $s for subs - which was something achievable for a semi-casual player who plays 10 hrs a week.

Or perhaps the period where you could roll alts out the wazoo because of cheap plex was an aberration, and this new period where 1 self confessed casual player finds maintaining multiple free accounts quite challenging is...actually normal and reasonable.
Xavier Liche
ACME Mineral and Gas
#89 - 2014-07-02 19:31:09 UTC
THCS wrote:
Sup all,

I want to start a discussion on Eve endgame and the cost of eve in terms of plex, time and RL $...

The inflated plexs price is putting a serious clamp on people's budget and I feel it kind of alienating the old veterans who are trying to enjoy end-game content and have loads of high-value capitals at risk. As a semi-casual player and full-time worker that doesn't want to play $540/ year or 480 hrs of my time just to keep a float in eve, its pretty hard to keep up with and enjoy eve content.

Playing eve has gotten pretty expensive for a 100+ mil SP /super/ and cap toon and doesn't seem to be slowing down.

Lets face it: Owning capitals capitals requires support toons. Players who don't want to shell out $15-20 a month need to buy plexs in game to support their capitals and accounts. With the increased cost of plexs recently, I don't think Capital pilots can sustain their accounts for long without eating into their ISK or RL savings or taking out a loads of time out of RL to put toward grinding for isk.

Lets do the math shall we? An average player plays 10-20 hrs a week and owns 2-3 accounts in eve; at current plex sell and buy order bids, that's 2.2 bil isk a month to keep them active. An average pilot makes roughly 60-100 mil/hr from ratting. To earn a plex, it takes 7-12 hrs to plex one account. That's on average 36 hrs of play time to pay off just the plex for subscription and also does not include operating costs and risk of ship loss.

My rough estimate is that it takes 40 hrs of grinding to pay off one's sub for 3 accounts. That's 3 weeks of free continuously effort we have to put towards eve!!

Idk, I kinda want eve developers to bring price of plexs down because this inflation trend is really putty a strain on my RL time and In-game budget. Do any of you Eve Vets share the same sentiment?

You are trying to consume content with alts that corps work on as a team and you want to pay for your accounts with Plex, all the while playing only 10-20 hours a week?

Good luck with that Cool
Schmata Bastanold
In Boobiez We Trust
#90 - 2014-07-02 19:43:50 UTC
Titania Hrothgar wrote:
You sound as if you have/would marry someone who makes you unhappy. Why? I found someone whose hobbies parallel my own. That's what everyone should do, but they're all too eager to be married to wait to meet the right one.

Happy? Pfft... Taxes, that's a good reason to get married. Especially when you can afford to not grind for PLEX :)

Invalid signature format

Caleb Seremshur
Commando Guri
Guristas Pirates
#91 - 2014-07-02 20:04:46 UTC
Ptraci wrote:
THCS wrote:

Idk, I kinda want eve developers to bring price of plexs down because this inflation trend is really putty a strain on my RL time and In-game budget. Do any of you Eve Vets share the same sentiment?

Funny, CCP wants to keep the price high, because the more isk a PLEX is worth the easier it is to sell one for real cash.

With b-5rb ccp said that the chinese server the plex cost over a billion. It still go a lot higher.
Skydell
Bad Girl Posse
#92 - 2014-07-03 08:40:44 UTC
Leoric Firesword wrote:
look into PI, market trading, scamming.

all these take considerably less time.

as far as that goes, with 2 PI alts and a little help from this character for extra PI extraction I was able to plex my account and have roughly 1 bil extra to play around with...something tells me you're doing it wrong.

I set up 4 accounts, 12 characters with PI skills. I had 4x5 planets and 8x4 Planets and was pulling daily. 1.2 billion was top end pay out at the time from all 12 combined. If I had access to null I could have increased that to 150% but I would have had to move it all at some point to a place to sell it.

The thing I noticed with PI was the timers were all set up to pile in to one another. An extraction would run 10 minutes, it would process at 30 so you needed storage between your extraction and processing. Even with 4 processors, one for every two heads I could backlog the extraction and waste cycles. In addition it became a longest timer based process and the amount you could make was absolute in the end with a very low amount no matter where you set it up. Most Null sec PI either never leaves the planet or leaves it at the same rate as High Sec stuff does.

Long story short, PI is a well thought out tail chaser and really only serves to provide Null with cheap, local POS related items and you don't just log in and roll out passive income. My 12 were taking up most of my game time, setting up heads in prime locations, going out and getting PI. It was a full time job.
Lianara Dayton
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#93 - 2014-07-03 09:48:05 UTC  |  Edited by: Lianara Dayton
@OP: Uhm, I (as a player with far more RL money then game time) never bought a PLEX with ISK before and I have 3 accounts for the past 5 years, including a capital character. How is this new or even a problem?

Most MMOs don't give you any option what-so-ever except paying with RL money... so I really don't see the problem.

If you can't afford to play EVE with multiple accounts then simply sell your super and buy a few years of game time and 500 subcaps to PVP with?

I don't understand why you seem to think that's it your "right" to be able to pay for your multiple EVE accounts with cheap PLEX that you can earn with little effort...

Lianara Dayton, Society for Peace and Unity

Lone Gunman
Forhotea Corporation
#94 - 2014-07-03 15:11:53 UTC
Current Jita PLEX prices closing in on 800m isk.
Serene Repose
#95 - 2014-07-03 15:26:28 UTC  |  Edited by: Serene Repose
EvE has an endgame? When did this happen?
(I never got this memo - an EvE endgame....)

We must accommodate the idiocracy.

Da'iel Zehn
Evil Frosty's Premium Liqours and Fine Wines
#96 - 2014-07-03 18:13:11 UTC
@OP

Does EvE have an end game? I don't see flying dreads, carriers, super carriers, or titans as the end game. My character is 9 years old, and I will probably never fly one of those ships. Especially one that I can't dock in a station somewhere.

Perhaps you might want to look for some other goals. Smile

RoAnnon
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#97 - 2014-07-03 18:37:54 UTC
What is this "endgame" of which you speak...?

So, you're a bounty hunter. No, that ain't it at all. Then what are you? I'm a bounty hunter.

Broadcast4Reps

Eve Vegas 2015 Pub Crawl Group 9

Houston EVE Meet

Chewytowel Haklar
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#98 - 2014-07-03 19:14:10 UTC
RoAnnon wrote:
What is this "endgame" of which you speak...?

One has only to create their version of end game in EVE.
Socrates' psalmody
Jiao Yu EA Inc
#99 - 2014-07-04 02:17:24 UTC
I know this is going to hurt people but seriously, I just don't get it why people complain that they can no longer play the game for free or like it used to cost them $0. For the last time I check CCP was still a for-profit entity. Everything it does, including introducing PLEX is all about maximizing its profit. Now I know some would argue that, if PLEX is no longer affordable since it costs 740M isk then they would not play this game any more. OK fine, just leave. If you are consuming in-game time(for little or much time i'm not interested) for isk, then convert it to PLEX just to keep you sub going, good for you. If you think it is getting hard to do that, and you are not happy about that, what do you expect me to say? You are already enjoying the game for free(don't argue your game time is money, no it is not), all you have to do is to spend more time grinding isk in the game, then you still can play it for free. If you expect PLEX to sell at 200M to keep all your 3 accounts active, you are just greedy. Don't you know that USD is inflating also? Just take note of the grocery bill the next time you go to supermarket. I don't know where you live but in my place for the past half year the grocery bill increased for at least 5%, that's at least 5%. got to go

hmmm......

Jimmy O'Shanty
The Westies
#100 - 2014-07-04 02:23:37 UTC
End game? This "thing of ours" doesn't end.