These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page123

EVE Getting Old?

Author
Unezka Turigahl
Det Som Engang Var
#41 - 2014-06-29 16:52:04 UTC
Well... losing your structures when you're sleeping isn't fun either. Owning space just isn't fun, and should be done away with. Twisted
Roshan Longshot2
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#42 - 2014-06-29 17:23:41 UTC
Old no...But people takes breaks. I took one for five years. But for some reason here I am again...Roll As for the changes, ehhh looks good, but in the pilots quarters...reallyShocked Maybe the developers should have taken a look at the Sims 2-3 games. STAY IN YOUR EGG PEOPLEAttention
Guttripper
State War Academy
Caldari State
#43 - 2014-06-29 18:31:01 UTC
A long shot reply... but perhaps players are tiring of CCP's changes.

- When the star gates' jumping graphics were changed to their current form and some players complained about the effects, CCP simply replied with a HTFU.

- When exploration minded players complained about the changes to exploration while many other players complained that each and every jump required the scanning graphic to play no matter what ship was being flown, CCP mumbled about new players needing the help.

- When players have voiced concern to complaints that null sec space is dead due to various factors like bashing stations to ease of moving massive fleets around large stretches of space, CCP complained about old legacy code and shrugged.

- Gimmicks like special edition paint schemes for a low cost.

- Casually reading the threads involving the up-coming industry changes and while people are posting comments to complaints about a whole range of issues, CCP leans towards "we know what is best (though we do not play the game)" to silence on matters.

Personally, it feels like CCP wants to dumb the game down to appeal to the masses - "new player experiences", etc. How all the old veterans were able to survive and thrive in this game without being spoon fed everything... Perhaps CCP believes in loyalty and thinks those that lasted this long will stick around. *shrugs*

Just my thoughts.
Ruskarn Andedare
Lion Investments
#44 - 2014-06-29 19:36:27 UTC
Varnir Penken wrote:
Used to I'd always see around 40k on or more everyday, with probably around 60k players on the weekends. Then it dropped to around 35k on the weekdays. and about 50k on the weekends...now it just seems like it's 30k everyday no matter what time of day it is. What's goin on?

Man, you fixed it, 42600 online atm, quite possibly just to prove you wrong
Previous page123