These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Issues, Workarounds & Localization

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

[BUG] Inventory window is closed each time I dock

Author
Jurik McMoney
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#1 - 2014-05-29 21:59:24 UTC
When I am docked I open my inventory. It is all time at same spot.

But as soon as I undock and dock again/or somewhere else, it is closed and I have to open it again.

This bug started a few days ago and it is kinda ******.

What do I have to do to save that my inventory is open, when I dock?

At least it is at the correct position, when I open it with a click or ALT+C.

can't delete signature

Sobaan Tali
Caldari Quick Reaction Force
#2 - 2014-05-30 01:29:44 UTC
The inventory system, which includes cargo bays, station hanger, container contents, etc., have separate save states for when docked and undocked. The inventory windows you have opened while outside of station will close when you dock, and the ones you had opened the last time you were docked up will open in their place. The inverse happens when undocking.

Example: outside of station, I have my cargo bay opened and positioned to the top-right corner of my display. Docked, my cargo bay is also opened, but located to the center-bottom of the display and other inventory windows are open as well that normally aren't will in space. Docking and undocking will close/open/reposition my inventory windows according to those states without one state overriding the other.

If your inventory windows are behaving contrary to this in any way, then it is likely bugged and filing a bug report or support ticket would be my next step.

"Tomahawks?"

"----in' A, right?"

"Trouble is, those things cost like a million and a half each."

"----, you pay me half that and I'll hump in some c4 and blow the ---- out of it my own damn self."

Jurik McMoney
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#3 - 2014-06-25 14:03:42 UTC
I know the difference between Inventory docked and undocked.

The bug is when I am in station and open the Inventory by clicking with my mouse the icon - it won't save that I've an open inventory.

But when I use ALT+C (I guess that is the hotkey for inventory when you are docked) then it will save it.

It's kinda wired.

can't delete signature

Glavior
No Vacancies
No Vacancies.
#4 - 2014-06-25 17:27:12 UTC
I have the same Issue, and i cant get it to Work so the Inventory Window stays open in the Hangar!
Ibrahim Vaughn Holtzman
the holtzman experience
CAStabouts
#5 - 2014-06-28 10:13:55 UTC
Confirming this.
SeneschaI
Ordo Arcana
Salvation Security Group
#6 - 2014-09-09 19:43:03 UTC
alt+c won't fix it.

You'll want to right click the inventory section you want opened to by default when you dock and choose "open in new window"
From then on in, when you dock, you'll have the inventory open by default to the section you want selected, every time.
if you have a problem with not all folders showing, open options and choose "always show full tree"