These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
7 PagesPrevious page1234Next pageLast page
 

CCP Rise, what is next?

First post
Author
#21 - 2014-06-21 16:46:40 UTC
We the players want to know whats comming next, how hard is that to understand?
If you didnt care you would not be in this forum at all, and if you wanted this thread to die you would just not reply (to not bump it back up for even mroe replies)
CCP already know what they intend to have in bouth the next patch and the one after, reality is that some of those things will get pushed back for whatever reason but dont tell me they have no plan for what they want in each release.
Ship rebalance have been done with several ship lines each release so far, and its therefor natural to assume 1 or 2 shiplines will be rebalanced in the upcomming patch. Just for referance, stickies for Kronos was up over 2 months before patch day, and we are not 1/3 into this patch cycle with nothing but industry changes (delayed from Kronos).

We want to know whats comming, and we want as much time as possible for feedback in case we are not happy with the 1st round of changes.
#22 - 2014-06-21 18:04:06 UTC  |  Edited by: Daichi Yamato
Joraa Starkmanir wrote:
We the players want to know whats comming next, how hard is that to understand?

And how hard is it to understand that u find out when u find out. U'll be asked for feedback when feedback from u is warranted.

Joraa Starkmanir wrote:

If you didnt care you would not be in this forum at all, and if you wanted this thread to die you would just not reply (to not bump it back up for even mroe replies)

Of course i care. And im interested in whats next too. Just dnt understand the need to poke CCP with a stick until they tell us. If u didnt want me to reply u would have ignored my first post. But instead two of u have mistaken what the OP was actually about and are making up unfounded fears of not being able to provide feedback and using as an excuse for ur impatience.

Joraa Starkmanir wrote:

CCP already know what they intend to have in bouth the next patch and the one after, reality is that some of those things will get pushed back for whatever reason but dont tell me they have no plan for what they want in each release.


In the old style of releases maybe. But the new system of releasing expansions allows much greater flexibility as to what goes where. They have a plan of what they want over a period, maybe 6 months, maybe a year. But it becomes much less definitive per expansion.

Instead, what may happen now is:

They have teams. Those teams have tasks to do over this period. As each of those tasks come close to finishing they can estimate a time of completion for them and see where that comes in on the release cycle. They then make a dev blog about it saying it will make it to whichever release.

Therefore the lack of blogs/stickies about ship balances may suggest that no such work is close enough to completion to reasonably expect it to make this release. You'll find out when u find out.

Joraa Starkmanir wrote:

Ship rebalance have been done with several ship lines each release so far, and its therefor natural to assume 1 or 2 shiplines will be rebalanced in the upcomming patch. Just for referance, stickies for Kronos was up over 2 months before patch day, and we are not 1/3 into this patch cycle with nothing but industry changes (delayed from Kronos).

I would not say that is a natural assumption. Do u mean to say anticipate?

There is no longer 2 months between releases. If u want 2 months to provide feedback for rebalances then ask CCP to announce them 2 expansions ahead. With the new release system there will be much fewer features per release. I would not assume rebalances make each and every one.

Joraa Starkmanir wrote:

We want to know whats comming, and we want as much time as possible for feedback in case we are not happy with the 1st round of changes.


'i want, and i want NOW!'

I ask again,
What makes u think the changes are even on paper yet? What makes u think a sticky wont go up as soon as those changes are ready for feedback? What makes u think CCP are withholding this information from u? are u ever going to answer these questions?

if the community is unhappy with the first round of changes and there is no time to update them, features can be pushed back. That is the entire point of the new release system.

EVE FAQ "7.2 CAN I AVOID PVP COMPLETELY? No; there are no systems or locations in New Eden where PvP may be completely avoided"

Daichi Yamato's version of structure based decs

#23 - 2014-06-21 21:11:30 UTC
Daichi Yamato wrote:

I ask again,
What makes u think the changes are even on paper yet? What makes u think a sticky wont go up as soon as those changes are ready for feedback? What makes u think CCP are withholding this information from u? are u ever going to answer these questions?


Logical thinking makes me thing changes are on paper, if you have no idea what you want to do within the next month it wont get done either.
There is a diffrence from a sticky with "final" changes to a dev reply stating that they are working on X and Y for the next patch, and therefor i dont realy need a sticky to tell me the the stats of the next balanced ship that i most likely dont use (or make for that sake)
Reason i think they are withholding information, is that im pretty sure they have the information i want but have not seen it shared Big smile

PS: about me not wanting you to reply, what gave you that idea? its free bumps for a post i support Twisted
#24 - 2014-06-21 23:33:15 UTC
So now its less about how the ships are getting rebalanced and more about what ships are getting rebalanced. And not because u need to know but because u want to know.

Way to back track.

Truth is, we dnt know how rebalances are worked on behind the scenes. They may be working on any number of rebalances simultaneously, any of which may or may not be any where near completion. They may not have even decided what will come next, they may not have decided if anything will make Crius or not. They will let us know when they think we need to know.

I dont understand what u think u'll accomplish by demanding they release the information now and id be genuinely surprised if they use this thread to reveal the next rebalances.

EVE FAQ "7.2 CAN I AVOID PVP COMPLETELY? No; there are no systems or locations in New Eden where PvP may be completely avoided"

Daichi Yamato's version of structure based decs

#25 - 2014-06-22 00:14:34 UTC
Daichi Yamato wrote:
So now its less about how the ships are getting rebalanced and more about what ships are getting rebalanced. And not because u need to know but because u want to know.

Way to back track.

Truth is, we dnt know how rebalances are worked on behind the scenes. They may be working on any number of rebalances simultaneously, any of which may or may not be any where near completion. They may not have even decided what will come next, they may not have decided if anything will make Crius or not. They will let us know when they think we need to know.

I dont understand what u think u'll accomplish by demanding they release the information now and id be genuinely surprised if they use this thread to reveal the next rebalances.


If you read the OP, its basicly 3 questions: Whats next? What do pleyers want to be next? Is ther e aroadmap for these changes?

2 of 3 questions are essensialy about WHAT ships are rebalanced when, and exactly 0 questionas about how.
Can also add that almsot everything in this forum is what some people WANT and very, very little about what people actualy needRoll

There is no demand for them to release information, but asking them do and showing that we the players actualy would like to see it is a good thing. They may not use thins thread to release the next rebalances, but it just may make them give out a devblog about what they think will be next or maybe it means that the sticky they intend to put up next week come this week instead (disclaimer: i have no idea when any information will be released or what that information would be)
#26 - 2014-06-22 01:33:36 UTC
Yeah i read the OP. Did u when u wrote this?

Joraa Starkmanir wrote:


If CCP want feedback on what they do, we need time to give that feedback and feedback to possible changes they make based on our feedback. If nothing is revealed until patchnotes there is no time to give feedback, and its only 1month until the patch goes live. All we know so far is that industry was pushed back to the next release (the upcomming one) but we have no idea what else they are looking at or even if industry is actualy comming this time.

Devs should already know what ships they hope to balance inthe next patch, even if the changes are not set in stone.

Waiting to long means that we either dont have any say in changes, or get to choose from 2 diffrent outcomes with the 2nd revealed if we dissagree to strongly with the first. If it takes this long to come up with balancing changes, the last 2-3 weeks should be dedicated to make last changes based on input (input that also should take more than a day to gather, like 1-2 weeks)

This simple timetable indicate that 3-5weeks before patch, we should see some indication about WHAT they plan to balance and possibly what direction they want to take those ships/modules


This is clearly talking about feedback on how ships are changed. Not just what ships are changed. Same goes with Nevyn's posts. Nevyn even makes a post that basically says 'If they arent releasing ships in Crius, they should tell us!'

But now u've admitted u dnt need to know so u acknowledge this is pretty much just a thread poking CCP because ur impatient.

All im saying is:
U'll find out when u find out.

EVE FAQ "7.2 CAN I AVOID PVP COMPLETELY? No; there are no systems or locations in New Eden where PvP may be completely avoided"

Daichi Yamato's version of structure based decs

#27 - 2014-06-22 03:10:57 UTC
Daichi Yamato wrote:


This is clearly talking about feedback on how ships are changed. Not just what ships are changed. Same goes with Nevyn's posts. Nevyn even makes a post that basically says 'If they arent releasing ships in Crius, they should tell us!'

But now u've admitted u dnt need to know so u acknowledge this is pretty much just a thread poking CCP because ur impatient.

All im saying is:
U'll find out when u find out.

Except you obviously didn't bother reading my posts properly.
Where I pointed out that the initial feedback for the post Crius release is also due to being started to be collected now. Since to get decent testing time on Sisi, the next release needs to go onto Sisi soon after Crius goes live, meaning the first round of feedback needs doing before Crius goes live.

So not having any kind of feedback for post Crius threads makes it look as if players will not have as much opportunity to give feedback on their noew development schedule. Which is a serious point of concern.

Of course, since you are simply parroting the same pointless thing again and again, you also have no interest in bothering to address serious issues such as player consultation, but are simply being a troll to the rest of us with real concerns in order to feel superior.
Just let it happen
#28 - 2014-06-22 03:39:21 UTC
Nevyn Auscent wrote:
Daichi Yamato wrote:


This is clearly talking about feedback on how ships are changed. Not just what ships are changed. Same goes with Nevyn's posts. Nevyn even makes a post that basically says 'If they arent releasing ships in Crius, they should tell us!'

But now u've admitted u dnt need to know so u acknowledge this is pretty much just a thread poking CCP because ur impatient.

All im saying is:
U'll find out when u find out.

Except you obviously didn't bother reading my posts properly.
Where I pointed out that the initial feedback for the post Crius release is also due to being started to be collected now. Since to get decent testing time on Sisi, the next release needs to go onto Sisi soon after Crius goes live, meaning the first round of feedback needs doing before Crius goes live.

So not having any kind of feedback for post Crius threads makes it look as if players will not have as much opportunity to give feedback on their noew development schedule. Which is a serious point of concern.

Of course, since you are simply parroting the same pointless thing again and again, you also have no interest in bothering to address serious issues such as player consultation, but are simply being a troll to the rest of us with real concerns in order to feel superior.


You do know that Crius isn't going to be a major release patch, right? We're looking at more of a "well ****, this isn't going to be ready in time for Kronos, but we don't want to make people wait until the winter patch, so we're delaying it for a month and a half and calling it Crius." patch.

IIRC all of the changes announced in Crius were originally announced as being part of Kronos until they said in a Dev Blog that instead the Pirate/Ship balance changes would be released in Kronos and they'd be putting Crius in at a tentative release date of July 22nd.

It's up to CCP if they want to put anything else they may have kinda finished by that time into Crius as well, but it's unlikely that they'll do anything other than what they say they intend to change so far.


But seriously, they're on the 6 month release cycle. We've had our major ship balance patch for summer already in the form of Kronos. Next major ship patch is in Winter. Calm your ****, they don't need to release any patch notes for the upcoming ship balancing patch for another few months.
#29 - 2014-06-22 10:01:33 UTC
Goldensaver wrote:


You do know that Crius isn't going to be a major release patch, right? We're looking at more of a "well ****, this isn't going to be ready in time for Kronos, but we don't want to make people wait until the winter patch, so we're delaying it for a month and a half and calling it Crius." patch.

You also haven't read Dev notes, where they have changed from a twice a year major release schedule to an every 6-8ish week point release system with no major updates.
Meaning there is not a 'big winter update' they are preparing.
#30 - 2014-06-22 11:38:33 UTC
Nevyn Auscent wrote:


So not having any kind of feedback for post Crius threads makes it look as if players will not have as much opportunity to give feedback on their noew development schedule. Which is a serious point of concern.


Why?

They can start a sticky for a ship rebalance whenever they want, two days before Crius if they want, and there is nothing that says they have to release within a certain time frame (except maybe Hilmar). They can delay to collect feedback for as long as they feel is necessary and then when they are happy they can put it into whatever the next release is. When they update TQ they don't copy and paste from SiSi, so u can have ships undergoing rebalancing on there through several releases if need be. The entire point of the new release system is being able to delay releases until everything is hunky dory.

Your concerns are still unfounded.

And what if CCP aren't releasing rebalanced ships for another 6 months? do u still need to know today what the next ship will be?

EVE FAQ "7.2 CAN I AVOID PVP COMPLETELY? No; there are no systems or locations in New Eden where PvP may be completely avoided"

Daichi Yamato's version of structure based decs

#31 - 2014-06-22 21:00:18 UTC
Daichi Yamato wrote:


And what if CCP aren't releasing rebalanced ships for another 6 months? do u still need to know today what the next ship will be?


What you seem to not get is that NOTHING in this forum should be called a need, its all what diffrent players want or dont want. As it happens we want to know whats next for rebalance, and we have every right to ask for it. Its atleast as much our right to ask as it is your right to dissageeShocked
#32 - 2014-06-22 22:17:40 UTC
Joraa Starkmanir wrote:

What you seem to not get is that NOTHING in this forum should be called a need, its all what diffrent players want or dont want. As it happens we want to know whats next for rebalance, and we have every right to ask for it. Its atleast as much our right to ask as it is your right to dissageeShocked


from now on, all references to 'a need' are directed at Nevyn's words, not urs. If u feel like ive been infringing ur rights or just flat out dont recognise them, ur quite silly. Putting aside the fact that posting on the forums is a privilege in itself...

Not only can i disagree, but i can express my non-understanding for this thread and that u think asking like this will accomplish anything. And when i think ur exhibiting inclinations of entitlement and impatience and then trying to disguise them as fears that are actually irrational, i'll point it out to u. Ill even make suggestions that u clearly havent considered as to why there has been no word from CCP, like that there may not even be a ship rebalance for Crius or even the expansion after, and that CCP may not have even yet decided whats next to be rebalanced.

Subject to forum rules of course.

EVE FAQ "7.2 CAN I AVOID PVP COMPLETELY? No; there are no systems or locations in New Eden where PvP may be completely avoided"

Daichi Yamato's version of structure based decs

#33 - 2014-06-23 00:11:56 UTC
CCP Rise is waiting for just after the Crius release to unveil his plan for Repeating Rapid Llama Launchers.
#34 - 2014-06-23 00:54:54 UTC
kil2 will tell you what gets nerfed next after the cartel reps tell him.
#35 - 2014-06-23 04:47:35 UTC
Daichi Yamato wrote:

Your concerns are still unfounded.

And what if CCP aren't releasing rebalanced ships for another 6 months? do u still need to know today what the next ship will be?

No, my concerns aren't unfounded. If they aren't releasing any rebalanced ships next update, not a problem. But then what are they releasing and why are they not starting to collect feedback on it.

Yes they can push any particular project back with the new release system, but they can't just casually push back an entire release because it's empty.

So where is the feedback. There must be something in the pipeline for the next update. And whatever that something is, why is there no feedback on it being collected, when it's in the zone now for feedback to be collected in order for it to be relevant. Without that feedback on whatever it is (Why are you obsessing over ships, trying to sideline the argument into a balance fight?) my fears are entirely valid that player feedback will not have as significant a place if at all in their new system.
C C P Alliance
#36 - 2014-06-23 11:14:01 UTC
I think very next thing for me is going back to Battleships and HACs for polish passes now that they've been out in the wild awhile and there's some room for improvements.

Black ops and Recons are both on the short list after that but I'm not sure exactly what the schedule will be (Summer is crazy in Europe, they let you just not go to work).

@ccp_rise

Praetoria Imperialis Excubitoris
#37 - 2014-06-23 11:17:45 UTC
CCP Rise wrote:
I think very next thing for me is going back to Battleships and HACs for polish passes now that they've been out in the wild awhile and there's some room for improvements.


Any chance on fixing the trainwreck that is the Armageddon?

"For it was said they had become like those peculiar demons, which dwell in matter but in whom no light may be found." - Father Grigori, Ravens 3:57

#38 - 2014-06-23 11:17:57 UTC
CCP Rise wrote:
I think very next thing for me is going back to Battleships and HACs for polish passes now that they've been out in the wild awhile and there's some room for improvements.

Black ops and Recons are both on the short list after that but I'm not sure exactly what the schedule will be (Summer is crazy in Europe, they let you just not go to work).


love you Big smile

And with that i think mr negativity have been proven wrong, if players ask enough someone will reply Lol
#39 - 2014-06-23 11:26:59 UTC
Arline Kley wrote:
CCP Rise wrote:
I think very next thing for me is going back to Battleships and HACs for polish passes now that they've been out in the wild awhile and there's some room for improvements.


Any chance on fixing the trainwreck that is the Armageddon?


What is wrong with the armageddon?
Caldari State
#40 - 2014-06-23 11:37:07 UTC
Icarus Able wrote:
Arline Kley wrote:
CCP Rise wrote:
I think very next thing for me is going back to Battleships and HACs for polish passes now that they've been out in the wild awhile and there's some room for improvements.


Any chance on fixing the trainwreck that is the Armageddon?


What is wrong with the armageddon?


I second that question. Armageddon is working fine.
7 PagesPrevious page1234Next pageLast page
Forum Jump