These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

100% Reprocessing (Ships, Modules, ...)

Author
Ellon JTC
Quadralien
#1 - 2014-06-21 18:53:02 UTC
In my opinion it should be possible to achieve 100% reprocessing in ships, modules, ammo, ...

Reason: There are a lot of players that make T1 items without putting any thought into it. Without making calculations. They are selling their products under the initial cost.

With reprocessing at 100% players would be able to take advantage of other players mistakes and make isk out of it.
By changing reprocessing to 55% you've killed off a profession in eve, and I don't understand the reason for it.
Omnathious Deninard
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#2 - 2014-06-21 18:58:55 UTC
No, they are removing it for good reasons.

If you don't follow the rules, neither will I.

Fer'isam K'ahn
SAS Veterinarians
#3 - 2014-06-21 19:04:18 UTC
Though I do have some reservations against cutting reprocessing down and especially that far, I do understand some of the arguments that lead to it.

As it stands I'll hold judgement until its been tested and shown its impact on the market and my actual game play.

I also remember there being a thread about it somewhere and having discussed this just shortly before Kronos, you might want to look into that.
Ellendras Silver
CrashCat Corporation
#4 - 2014-06-21 19:09:46 UTC  |  Edited by: Ellendras Silver
Omnathious Deninard wrote:

this

Ellon JTC wrote:
In my opinion it should be possible to achieve 100% reprocessing in ships, modules, ammo, ...

Reason: There are a lot of players that make T1 items without putting any thought into it. Without making calculations. They are selling their products under the initial cost.

With reprocessing at 100% players would be able to take advantage of other players mistakes and make isk out of it.
By changing reprocessing to 55% you've killed off a profession in eve, and I don't understand the reason for it.

the reason is that people made T1 products with high amounts of certain minerals they needed and transporting the items to 0.0 and reprocess it to get the minerals back, without any losses.

[u]Carpe noctem[/u]

Daichi Yamato
Jabbersnarks and Wonderglass
#5 - 2014-06-21 19:13:58 UTC  |  Edited by: Daichi Yamato
Ellon JTC wrote:

Thats ok. The members of this profession are so few and the impacts of this profession so small, i dnt think it will be missed.

Instead of buying and reprocessing, u can adapt and buy and re-sell instead. Or move over to ore where some noobs may sell ore for less than what u can refine it into.

EVE FAQ "7.2 CAN I AVOID PVP COMPLETELY? No; there are no systems or locations in New Eden where PvP may be completely avoided"

Daichi Yamato's version of structure based decs

Komi Toran
Perkone
Caldari State
#6 - 2014-06-21 19:35:09 UTC
Ellon JTC wrote:

if you think the profession was just capitalizing off of other's mistakes, you really missed out.

Meanwhile, the main useage of the profession will still be intact after the change.
Celthric Kanerian
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#7 - 2014-06-21 20:11:12 UTC
Yeah sure, give us it back so new players can be stuck with training for t2 weaponry anyway... Also in the process mess up the mineral economy of EVE... So sure... Go ahead

No.
Fer'isam K'ahn
SAS Veterinarians
#8 - 2014-06-21 20:42:20 UTC  |  Edited by: Fer'isam K'ahn
Celthric Kanerian wrote:
Yeah sure, give us it back so new players can be stuck with training for t2 weaponry anyway... Also in the process mess up the mineral economy of EVE... So sure... Go ahead

No.

Did you by accident have an inner dialog and lose a few sentences ? Cant really follow your t2 thing there.. or wrong thread ?

Anyways, I think 100% refine for the sole reason of logical impossibility should not be reachable, something like 90-95% would be ok. For the misuse of transporting modules for minerals, I thought that's what the ore compression changes are for.
I do rather reprocess everything below meta 4 and sell the minerals rather then transport and go through all the rubbish and sell xxx.xxx.xxx looted items.
But others are of course correct, that's usually such a little % of loot, rewards and payout, 20% or such of the 2% it delivers isn't really anything to worry about. That's why I caved in during the last discussion about this and postponed any critical judgment til its implementation (like I mentioned above).
Rowells
Blackwater USA Inc.
Pandemic Horde
#9 - 2014-06-21 20:54:14 UTC
100% reprocessing was causing more problems than it was preventing. Also, if you mistakenly buy 10k 125mm auto cannons, then live with it. Sell it, make it T2, fit 10k rifters, etc
Ellon JTC
Quadralien
#10 - 2014-06-22 06:59:14 UTC
Fer'isam K'ahn wrote:
Though I do have some reservations against cutting reprocessing down and especially that far, I do understand some of the arguments that lead to it.

As it stands I'll hold judgement until its been tested and shown its impact on the market and my actual game play.

I also remember there being a thread about it somewhere and having discussed this just shortly before Kronos, you might want to look into that.

Do you think you could link that thread ?
Ellon JTC
Quadralien
#11 - 2014-06-22 07:01:24 UTC
Ellendras Silver wrote:
Omnathious Deninard wrote:

this

Ellon JTC wrote:

the reason is that people made T1 products with high amounts of certain minerals they needed and transporting the items to 0.0 and reprocess it to get the minerals back, without any losses.

instead of ruining reprocessing they could have increased the size of items. It would have been more logical too. For example a car might take up capacity of 3-4M^3 while the total material used in it will take up no more than 0.6m^3. Basically built items take up more room than their initial ingredients.
Ellon JTC
Quadralien
#12 - 2014-06-22 07:02:28 UTC
Daichi Yamato wrote:
Ellon JTC wrote:

Thats ok. The members of this profession are so few and the impacts of this profession so small, i dnt think it will be missed.

Few yes, but the impact was not small. One processor with enough isk can reprocess all of jita