These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Maximum amount for buy orders

Author
Dally Lama
Doomheim
#1 - 2014-06-21 14:27:46 UTC  |  Edited by: Dally Lama
We currently have an option for minimum amount needed to fill a buy order. I would like to request an option for maximum amount as well. This will allow us to define the exact amount(s) we are looking to purchase.

For example:
- I want 8000 units of a product
- I am willing to haul them in from anywhere within 10 jumps.
- I can haul 800 units at once.
- Since I do not want to end up with extra amounts in a given station, I do not want to purchase more or less than 800 per batch.

We can currently achieve the result desired here by placing 10 buy orders of 800 with a minimum of 800 per sale.
This however would take up 10 buy orders. If I wanted 80,000 units, that is 100 buy orders.
Suppose someone bids above me at a higher price for the product. I now have to update 10, 100, etc. orders to match it.

As such an option for maximum amount for buy orders would be quite useful.

Setting would be:
8000 units
+/- 10 jumps
800 min
800 max
Rivr Luzade
Coreli Corporation
Pandemic Legion
#2 - 2014-06-21 15:58:55 UTC
And what do you gain from that? If you set the minimum amount to sell to your Buy Order to 400, you have the same result. And if there's more sold to this buy order, you leave it behind until it's again a full 400/800 batch.

Ugh

UI Improvement Collective

My ridicule, heavy criticism and general pale outlook about your or CCP's ideas is nothing but an encouragement to prove me wrong. Give it a try.

Rowells
Blackwater USA Inc.
Pandemic Horde
#3 - 2014-06-21 17:50:50 UTC
I'm geussing this is to prevent from buying 100 units of anything when you want 100k and it is as far away as the buy order allows. Seems fine to me
Inshallah Eichman
Pator Tech School
Minmatar Republic
#4 - 2014-06-22 08:25:06 UTC
This is a strange request in my opinion but why should it not be allowed?

Change it and let's do this!

Dally Lama
Doomheim
#5 - 2014-06-22 10:47:56 UTC  |  Edited by: Dally Lama
Rivr Luzade wrote:
And what do you gain from that? If you set the minimum amount to sell to your Buy Order to 400, you have the same result. And if there's more sold to this buy order, you leave it behind until it's again a full 400/800 batch.

Ugh

Yeah that is a pretty bad mathematical error on my part. I've adjusted the idea accordingly.

Basically, the idea is to be able to purchase hauler loads of goods in systems where people don't care to shlep it to the market. Of course, at an increased price. However you many times get stuck with 1/6 a hauler load in a system 8 jumps away, which becomes a waste. This can add up between many systems and completely erase any profits you'd otherwise have made (i.e. the time spent hauling all of that would be better spent doing something else).

The adjustment of the idea can be seen in the OP.