These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Crime & Punishment

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

CODE's code?

Author
Subject 4927
We Did A Thing
Probably Up to No Good
#101 - 2014-06-15 06:14:09 UTC
loyalanon wrote:
Subject 4927 wrote:
412nv Yaken wrote:
Subject 4927 wrote:
412nv Yaken wrote:
I belive we have some of the most elite pvpers in the game

Sweet mother of christ you did not just-

We aren't, proof is on the killboards and many many many threads in the past.

PvP = person vs person

Seeing as we are not killing little red crosses aka npc's that would make it PvP. Flying round in space where u will be killed in less that 10 secs, whilst PvP ing capital class ships and many other player flown ships proves we are good, but not elite.

/Thread

Fixed*

Please advise with proof how you are better then Code. In anyway, as all I've seen is you whine on the forums about how butthurt and jealous you are. So please show us something unique and different you bring to the table that makes you so special,

If you can't then please just stop whining. Move on, get over the fact that noone knows who you are in game and do something instead.

Inb4 - I don't need proof
Inb4 - random insult
Inb4 - more tears
Inb4 - not answering with proof
Inb4 - being upset and jealous about code success.

Btw show us on the doll where loyalanon touched you.

Jackpot.

http://subjectandfriends.wordpress.com

Lady Areola Fappington
#102 - 2014-06-16 09:27:14 UTC
Valkin Mordirc wrote:
I don't understand the hate CODE gets. They're just a bunch of people playing in a sandbox. If you know that it's fully possible and legal for your little mining ship to be ganked by a couple of destroyers and you come to an illogical conclusion that because you are defenseless, CCP CONCORD, whatever should protect you. Then in the word of Andrew Ryan. You are a parasite, and you can't have a slice of my pie.

It's my pie dammit.

There's actually a lot of fun psychology you can pull out of New Order actions, and how people respond to them, but here's the overall.

CODE ganks put the onus of responsibility and fault square on the target's shoulders. A non-CODE style gank, the target will just get mad for a moment, brush themselves off, shrug, and go "Those darned gankers ruining the game it's not my fault I got hit."

CODE ganks...well, we TELL them why they got ganked. Be it on the surface re: permit, or a little deeper meta of "I wasn't paying attention and made myself a target." If there's one thing people don't like, it's being the cause of their own downfall.

7.2 CAN I AVOID PVP COMPLETELY? No; there are no systems or locations in New Eden where PvP may be completely avoided. --Eve New Player Guide

Christo Severasse
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#103 - 2014-06-16 10:02:27 UTC
CODE kills people for sh1ts and giggles. And profit.
They also like to indulge in petty extortion.
Their CODE is really just so much BS. It is a feeble excuse to explain their criminal behaviour.
However, they are also easy to negate: don't go afk.
And don't hate them, the existence of CODE is an example of why Eve is so good. Name another game where something like this could happen, you can't. It is truly emergant, player created content.
Embrace the challenge, stay alive by using your wits and experience.Ruin their day, arrive alive.
Pepper en Daire
Summer Tramp Initiative
#104 - 2014-06-16 14:26:29 UTC
Christo Severasse wrote:
CODE kills people for sh1ts and giggles. And profit.
They also like to indulge in petty extortion.
Their CODE is really just so much BS. It is a feeble excuse to explain their criminal behaviour.
However, they are also easy to negate: don't go afk.
And don't hate them, the existence of CODE is an example of why Eve is so good. Name another game where something like this could happen, you can't. It is truly emergant, player created content.
Embrace the challenge, stay alive by using your wits and experience.Ruin their day, arrive alive.

I'm not sure the CODE is battleship, I'd call it tough love, sometimes you've just got to send people to the naughty step.
DJentropy Ovaert
The Conference Elite
Safety.
#105 - 2014-06-16 22:15:45 UTC
Anize Oramara wrote:
people have actually been killed because of their actions in a video game, all it takes is one crazy with enough know how.

and I honestly find that one of the scariest things and is probably why this james character is in fact hiding. someone joked about the death threats, that is NOT cool.

like imagine if a random 1 day alt messages you with your real name, family members and address and a death threat... holy **** im scaring myself here. id change my name and move to another country ffs.

ganking someone is all fine and dandy but the helplessness people feel when being singled out, fed bs and then extorted is what I think makes code different. I have not seen anything else in eve generate nearly as much rage in people (just reading on the forums).

what would suck a lot is if heavens forbid the worst did happen is it would irrevocably harm the game itself as well and I guess thats what confuses me the most is ccps endorsement of this.

I'll just pray it never comes to that 0.o

You'd be right on the money. However, CODE does not do any "harm" to the game - as a matter of fact, we are one of the largest sources of emergent gameplay and causing interaction between players. This is what EVE is all about, and some people (myself included) enjoy playing the "bad guy" once in a while (which is a total misunderstanding anyway, everyone knows the CODE is just here to help you, and even when we are forced to deal out extreme diplomacy for people violating the New Haliama Code of Conduct, we are far from jerks about it.)

Try this, people. Next time you are ganked by a CODE agent, open up a conversation with him. Give him a GF and perhaps even a LOL or a smile face. Then ask some questions such as, "Why was I ganked?", "What could I have done to prevent it?", etc. You will find that most if not all of us are eager to share information and happy to help players learn how to not be awful at this game.

If you are unhappy with the actions of any agent in the CODE. alliance, drop me a evemail! As the diplomatic contact for the alliance, I am always happy to listen to the concerns of anyone, and even replace ships/implants in the case of a mistake being made. I'm from from some sociopathic internet monster. I'm just a avid lover of EVE online and a few other video games who enjoys a mostly quiet life of working, hanging out with his girlfriend, and taking care of my cats.

Now, onto the subject of the death threats....

In the last two months I have received at least 5 threats of violence in the RL against myself or my family (and even one threat to "kill my kittens" - everyone who knows me generally knows I have some pretty adorable kittens). Corp mates, alliance mates, and other friends of mine have also been on the receiving end of these threats.

During that time I have also received a few RL death threats as well, with one person even going so far as to link the rough geographical area I live in.

My solution - instant block, report to CCP. They take this kind of thing like pretty srs business. Of course, I cannot and will not discuss any specifics of interaction with CCP, but I can confidently say that the people who have wished me or mine RL harm/death are not around anymore.

CCP can and will contact authorities when threats of violence are issued. I urge everyone regardless of your feelings about CODE or any group in EVE online to have a zero tolerance policy for this kind of nonsense, and report people who issue threats of RL harm to CCP right away. If you don't report it, nothing will ever happen. If you do report it, you are doing the game a wonderful favor by removing unstable creepsauces from the game.
Tengu Grib
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#106 - 2014-06-18 04:51:49 UTC
Confirming DJEntropy is a cool cat, cannot confirm he has cool cats though. Can confirm he fies cats. If you have any issues with Code agents DJEntropy will look into it. He's a fantastic individual.

Rabble Rabble Rabble

Praise James, Supreme Protector of High Sec.

Catalytic morphisis
Deep Space Coalition
Fraternity.
#107 - 2014-06-18 10:28:57 UTC
confirming DJentropy Ovaert does indeed have some pretty ******* adorable kittens!

Actual Link free and scout free solo PvP'er

Mallak Azaria
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#108 - 2014-06-19 07:32:11 UTC
Fallen SEAL wrote:
They don't roleplay, they do it for "tears" apparently because it is some kind of imaginary harvestable commodity in their fantasy world.

Given your recent outburst towards an uninvolved third party I would say that their harvesting of tears was rather successful.

This post was lovingly crafted by a member of the Goonwaffe Posting Cabal, proud member of the popular gay hookup site somethingawful.com, Spelling Bee, Grammar Gestapo & #1 Official Gevlon Goblin Fanclub member.

Jonah Gravenstein
Machiavellian Space Bastards
#109 - 2014-06-19 12:05:04 UTC
Catalytic morphisis wrote:
confirming DJentropy Ovaert does indeed have some pretty ******* adorable kittens!
with some pretty damn awesome names.

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.

New Player FAQ

Feyd's Survival Pack

Varathius
Enlightened Industries
Goonswarm Federation
#110 - 2014-06-19 14:32:01 UTC
CODE, what can I say, those people are legends!
Ahost Gceo
Violence is the Answer
Wormhole Society
#111 - 2014-06-20 05:26:47 UTC  |  Edited by: Ahost Gceo
I read Minerbumping for kicks and giggles and have ganked miners myself in highsec occasionally, but the latest post about killing freighters even if they are not carrying anything is slightly concerning. I understand and acknowledge that carrying a ton of valuables in a ship to make it a veritable loot piƱata is stupid, but merely flying a class of ship in highsec that would be almost suicidal anywhere else due to its nature and then getting ganked for it is ridiculous. I fully expect a staunch CODE supporter to use some of their rhetoric to justify a reasonable cause for ganking empty freighters, but beyond "tears" I just don't see the logic, and view it as rather harmful to the existing highsec ecology. If ever it comes to the point that freighters are no longer utilized, they will gank empty/ full industrials, and then people will be left hauling stuff in combat ships because there is nothing else that would be "safe" to fly in an environment that was supposed to be some of the safest space in Eve per CCP.

I guess the point is that a line in the sand should be drawn for ganking that would demand some self-restraint. If there is no profit to be made in a gank, leave the fish alone so they can fatten up and actually make it worthwhile.

CCP ignore me please, I make too much sense.

NotTheSmartestCookie
Shooting Blues Everyday
Gimme Da Loot
#112 - 2014-06-20 07:15:48 UTC
Ahost Gceo wrote:
I guess the point is that a line in the sand should be drawn for ganking that would demand some self-restraint. If there is no profit to be made in a gank, leave the fish alone so they can fatten up and actually make it worthwhile.

There are too many fat fish in the EVE universe already. We prefer an EVE full of lean and mean murder fish. It is already rare enough that freighters are targeted and it takes only a few minimal effort precautions by a freighter pilot to reduce the risk to negligible. Your complaint is unwarranted.

Making New Eden a better place 8 rounds of Void at a time.

Funny, smartest, pretty and relevant. Pick 3.

Proud shareholder in Halaima MinerBumping

Ahost Gceo
Violence is the Answer
Wormhole Society
#113 - 2014-06-20 07:32:06 UTC  |  Edited by: Ahost Gceo
NotTheSmartestCookie wrote:
Ahost Gceo wrote:

There are too many fat fish in the EVE universe already. We prefer an EVE full of lean and mean murder fish. It is already rare enough that freighters are targeted and it takes only a few minimal effort precautions by a freighter pilot to reduce the risk to negligible. Your complaint is unwarranted.

"too many fat fish in the EVE universe"
Sure, but the fattest ones aren't in highsec. Try nullsec, which CODE claims no jurisdiction over (yet).

"We prefer..."
No, no you don't. CODE thrives on easy prey and would have to drastically change its direction or completely wither away if everyone was a skilled fighter in a PvP ship all the time.

"It is already rare enough..."
Have you looked at your own killboards lately?

"It only takes a few minimal..."
Not autopiloting is the big one I can think of, but support fleets as written about by your own 'media' have proven ineffective. Freighters fit with tank mods still are destroyed with little to no way to defend against an attack. While risk can be reduced, if an enemy is determined to destroy your stuff regardless of cost (because people keep shoveling them money) then there is no point.

NotTheSmartestCookie indeed.

CCP ignore me please, I make too much sense.

Alternative Splicing
Captain Content and The Contenteers
#114 - 2014-06-21 09:33:37 UTC
NotTheSmartestCookie wrote:

You should lead by example. I peeped your killboard. You are not this 'lean mean murder fish' you describe - you are a fatted fish who waits for equally fat fish to wade into its mouth.

If you were a hunter, the only taxidermy in your collection would be dodo birds. Lots of dodo birds. A real hunter would prize having taken down a variety of ferocious beasts, elusive prey, and rare creatures. Even more, the collection is secondary to the thrill of the hunt. You are not this hunter.

You guys do good work, and culling the population of dodo birds is great content and essential to a healthy hisec. Aggrandizing this as the behavior of an apex predator however, is quite silly.

John E Normus
New Order Logistics
CODE.
#115 - 2014-06-21 12:10:41 UTC
We do target the weak, the slow, and the stupid. Just like every predator that hunts herd animals. We cull the herd and the herd becomes stronger.

Trying to make highsec better is what we're about. Suffering the slings and arrows of forum alts that can't see one inch into what we're doing actually amuses us because that is an indicator that you are in fact, one of our target types.

Between Ignorance and Wisdom

Amber Solaire
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#116 - 2014-06-25 21:50:45 UTC
loyalanon wrote:
It's amazing every single day for the past fortnight we continue to kill freighters on a scale never before seen in eve. Unstoppable and Unopposed. People try but the code always wins.

Get a permit or be destroyed.

/thread

The supply of freighters in Eve is not limitless

Nevermind the cost, the build rate is much too slow, so if you reduce the supply of them too much, CCP will take heed

Keep digging away, and your fate may be that your hole falls in on top of you
BeBopAReBop RhubarbPie
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#117 - 2014-06-26 06:54:02 UTC
Tengu Grib wrote:
Confirming DJEntropy is a cool cat, cannot confirm he has cool cats though. Can confirm he fies cats. If you have any issues with Code agents DJEntropy will look into it. He's a fantastic individual.

We need a pick of DJEntropy being a cool cat while flying cats and petting cats.

Seriously though, anyone that gets ganked should contact DJ. He is everything a New Order agent should aspire to be. Cool, suave, sophisticated, merciful and explosion loving. If you need proof, just check out the new order spy agency chat logs on minerbumping.

Founder of Violet Squadron, a small gang NPSI community! Mail me for more information.

BeBopAReBop RhubarbPie's Space Mediation Service!

Wrecktum Yourday
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#118 - 2014-06-26 07:25:49 UTC
What the code does I don't belive should be called "ganking" it should be called "saving" "blessing or "enlightenment" ganking just sounds terrible. The Code is trying to save high sec care bears from the demons of terrible fits and afking.
Ima Wreckyou
The Conference Elite
Safety.
#119 - 2014-06-26 14:22:18 UTC
Ahost Gceo wrote:

Not autopiloting is the big one I can think of, but support fleets as written about by your own 'media' have proven ineffective. Freighters fit with tank mods still are destroyed with little to no way to defend against an attack. While risk can be reduced, if an enemy is determined to destroy your stuff regardless of cost (because people keep shoveling them money) then there is no point.

The attack can be countered by following the Code and purchasing a 10mil ISK mining permit.
Soylent Jade
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#120 - 2014-06-26 14:36:58 UTC
Amber Solaire wrote:
The supply of freighters in Eve is not limitless

Nevermind the cost, the build rate is much too slow, so if you reduce the supply of them too much, CCP will take heed

Keep digging away, and your fate may be that your hole falls in on top of you

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=&imgrefurl=http%3A%2F%2Fmlkshk.com%2Fp%2F9OWK&h=0&w=0&tbnid=sFL9yEY9yurATM&zoom=1&tbnh=183&tbnw=275&docid=SODRCiMSW53gZM&hl=en&tbm=isch&ei=5y-sU7aXN-qssAS334CYAQ&ved=0CAIQsCUoAA

Making hisec better...one Catalyst at a time

minerbumping.com