These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

NPE - In game TV show featuring Meta game & player vs player

First post
Author
helana Tsero
Science and Trade Institute
Caldari State
#1 - 2014-06-20 01:33:15 UTC  |  Edited by: helana Tsero
One of the biggest issues is its hard for new players to understand or get into the meta game. (which imo is where the fun is). There is no ingame way of learning about the meta game.

I propose -->

Use captains quarters tv screens to have a in character news show of what is happening in eve.

- null sec battles / poltics
- high sec ganking / miner bumping etc etc
- eve tournament coverage
- WH space ganks / pvp battles
- Profiles on player corporations and how to join/find.
- industry stats show etc, how much produced etc biggest trade hubs etc

Eg - have a immersive ingame way of showing all the player vs player content. Currently the only way to tell what is happening player vs player is via the forums or 3rd party sites. New players arnt likely to see these. (they might see the forums but once they read GD they gunna back away fast lol.)

TLDR - NPE + CCP Guard / CCP Karkur in character news anchors = win + lols

"...ppl need to get out of caves and they will see something new.... thats where eve is placed... not in cave."  | zoonr-Korsairs |

Meanwhile Citadel release issues: "tried to bug report this and the bug report is bugged as well" | Rafeau |

Saisin
Chao3's Rogue Operatives Corp
#2 - 2014-06-20 01:42:22 UTC
That would be neat..

should be visible on the screens by the gates in highs cec too :)

Vote Borat Guereen for CSM XII

Check out the Minarchist Space Project

Mike Azariah
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#3 - 2014-06-20 06:07:27 UTC
News anchors for working devs might be pushing it but I would love to see some content in the cq tv

m

Mike Azariah  ┬──┬ ¯|(ツ)

Saint Germain
Sekundu
#4 - 2014-06-20 09:34:44 UTC
Mike Azariah wrote:
News anchors for working devs might be pushing it but I would love to see some content in the cq tv

m

Just give us the tools, I'm sure players will make TV segments themselves, All CCP needs to do is monitor them for appropriate content.
Intar Medris
KarmaFleet University
#5 - 2014-06-20 11:38:47 UTC
Mike Azariah wrote:

m

New division for the ISD?

This idea could work, but players with slow connections or systems that barely meet minimum specs would be out. Also players with some sort of mobile Internet device with data limits. Video is incredibly data intensive. For players with systems lacking in the performance dept trying to render the CQ plus playback video will prove too much. May even force a BSOD for them.

I try to be nice and mind my business just shooting lasers at rocks. There is just way too many asshats in New Eden for that to happen.

helana Tsero
Science and Trade Institute
Caldari State
#6 - 2014-06-20 11:55:57 UTC  |  Edited by: helana Tsero
Intar Medris wrote:

This idea could work, but players with slow connections or systems that barely meet minimum specs would be out. Also players with some sort of mobile Internet device with data limits. Video is incredibly data intensive. For players with systems lacking in the performance dept trying to render the CQ plus playback video will prove too much. May even force a BSOD for them.

- The video could download via the launcher like patches do and then be cached locally. Under 100mb likely - eg like youtube 480 or maybe ?? 720 res. I think most players could deal with that but there should be disable video download checkbox.

- Id envisage something like a 10-20 min news show produced every 2 weeks.

- The captains quarters already show video. (The current main screen is a video) So if you can load CQ now you would be able to load and play a news video. ( i think.. )

"...ppl need to get out of caves and they will see something new.... thats where eve is placed... not in cave."  | zoonr-Korsairs |

Meanwhile Citadel release issues: "tried to bug report this and the bug report is bugged as well" | Rafeau |