These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Out of Pod Experience

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Streaming now!

First post
Author
Mortarian Decala
Rattini Tribe
Minmatar Fleet Alliance
#1 - 2011-12-06 00:29:39 UTC
We are new to the game and immensely enjoying it. We love having people talking in the stream and talking to us and I would love some feedback on the actual quality of the stream in both content and presentation. Thank you so much ahead of time and happy flying!

http://www.twitch.tv/synepicloa#
Rose Hips
Zero Dot Zero
#2 - 2011-12-06 00:31:08 UTC  |  Edited by: Rose Hips
I'm watching now.

Here is the report...

Four new 1 week old players are flying around having fun with eve, and sharing it live. They are now on their way to join a corp that is at war with another corp so they can have some pvp.

This is fun to watch as it brings back memories.

Forum signature removed by Empress Jamyl as instructed by the Jove

Bow down before the one you serve; you're going to get what you deserve

Max Singularity is the way, the light, the Harbinger of Faith and true hope for New Eden!

zama118
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#3 - 2011-12-06 00:33:19 UTC
what are you talking about

that is a good place to start i think
Mortarian Decala
Rattini Tribe
Minmatar Fleet Alliance
#4 - 2011-12-06 00:40:43 UTC
I'm completely lost.
Nyio
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#5 - 2011-12-06 01:32:47 UTC
Oh, you had 2 threads..
Gonna watch it a bit. Smile
Mortarian Decala
Rattini Tribe
Minmatar Fleet Alliance
#6 - 2011-12-06 01:40:58 UTC
**** really I thought I hit edit :/. I'll take the other one down if its still there.
Vyl Vit
#7 - 2011-12-06 01:44:35 UTC
Other than the fact that it isn't "streaming", rather...recorded...I can't think of anything more boring (other than a guy whining, "Leave Britney alone...") than yet another Fraps-ed EVE battle with some cool guy voicing over profound observations with REALLY cool music (music I'd never intentionally listen to) feed-wavering in the background. The vid-box is so small when the image is sharp you can't see anything, and when you fullscreen it, it's one huge blur. The activity has no significance other than that being urged by the narrator, and watching a red line dissipate on a view object box is as thrilling as .. no wait, it's more thrilling to be stoned out of your mind, stopped at a traffic light watching it blink for half an hour before you remember you're in a car ...

What's especially yawn-worthy is the long-range view with all the purple squares and yellow triangles. If you think this is entertaining, I have a box full of I Dream Of Jeanie episodes for sale, cheap...real VCR stuff...really.

Paradise is like where you are right now, only much, much better.

Berendas
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#8 - 2011-12-06 01:53:34 UTC
*grabs popcorn*

Can someone get the drinks?
Jita Alt666
#9 - 2011-12-06 01:54:25 UTC
Vyl Vit wrote:
Other than the fact that it isn't "streaming", rather...recorded...I can't think of anything more boring (other than a guy whining, "Leave Britney alone...") than yet another Fraps-ed EVE battle with some cool guy voicing over profound observations with REALLY cool music (music I'd never intentionally listen to) feed-wavering in the background. The vid-box is so small when the image is sharp you can't see anything, and when you fullscreen it, it's one huge blur. The activity has no significance other than that being urged by the narrator, and watching a red line dissipate on a view object box is as thrilling as .. no wait, it's more thrilling to be stoned out of your mind, stopped at a traffic light watching it blink for half an hour before you remember you're in a car ...

What's especially yawn-worthy is the long-range view with all the purple squares and yellow triangles. If you think this is entertaining, I have a box full of I Dream Of Jeanie episodes for sale, cheap...real VCR stuff...really.

Dear OP

Congratulations you have entered the Eve Community. The collection of bitter tears from all sources is a clear indication that this game is for you.
Mortarian Decala
Rattini Tribe
Minmatar Fleet Alliance
#10 - 2011-12-06 02:10:50 UTC
Hahaha I love the tears. And actually I was streaming a pre-recorded video because I had to eat quickly. So he is actually completely correct in his criticism it's just not against me it's against a youtube video.
Nyio
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#11 - 2011-12-06 02:10:55 UTC
Nice stream, especially since you took the mic out of the keyboard. P
Gonna be watching it in between when bored.
Mortarian Decala
Rattini Tribe
Minmatar Fleet Alliance
#12 - 2011-12-06 02:17:42 UTC
:D Thank you :) and feel free to talk in chat I love it when everyone is talking!
Metal Icarus
Star Frontiers
Brotherhood of Spacers
#13 - 2011-12-06 02:30:52 UTC
I love eve streams!
Mortarian Decala
Rattini Tribe
Minmatar Fleet Alliance
#14 - 2011-12-06 05:54:21 UTC
Alright I'm done streaming for today I will be back tomorrow either playing EvE or one of my many other addictions. Thank you all so much for the feedback and a great day of chatting and even getting suicide killed in front of Jita in an empty shuttle! Feel free to check in whenever you can :D
yer mammy
Federal Defense Union
Gallente Federation
#15 - 2011-12-06 06:44:35 UTC
i watch streams of other games sometimes, like starcraft 2 or dota 2.

in eve, though, especially if you have enemies, streaming is giving your opposition the most perfect intel tool.
Herping yourDerp
Tribal Liberation Force
Minmatar Republic
#16 - 2011-12-06 07:08:17 UTC
yer mammy wrote:
i watch streams of other games sometimes, like starcraft 2 or dota 2.

in eve, though, especially if you have enemies, streaming is giving your opposition the most perfect intel tool.

they are too new to worry about this.
" oh no don't gank my punisher"
Mortarian Decala
Rattini Tribe
Minmatar Fleet Alliance
#17 - 2011-12-06 07:16:20 UTC
Herping yourDerp wrote:
they are too new to worry about this.
" oh no don't gank my punisher"

Exactly.
yer mammy
Federal Defense Union
Gallente Federation
#18 - 2011-12-06 08:17:12 UTC
unless the corp you join flies nothing but punishers, i think they'd care.
Mortarian Decala
Rattini Tribe
Minmatar Fleet Alliance
#19 - 2011-12-06 20:52:39 UTC
Streaming again today for like 10ish hours. Let me know if there are any games you guys would like to see because I will probably be playing some Starcraft 2 or HoN later on today.
CCP Phantom
C C P
C C P Alliance
#20 - 2011-12-07 09:52:41 UTC
Moved from General Discussion.

CCP Phantom - Senior Community Developer