These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE New Citizens Q&A

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
12Next page

Minning to make ISK.

Author
Elseerian Lynks
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#1 - 2014-06-19 03:20:06 UTC
Hey,

I'm pretty new and want to make as much isk as a newb can possibly make, I want to focus on industry mainly starting with mining and little bit of salvaging/pve. I currently use a retriever and sell my ore to the leader of my corp. Post as MANY tips here as you can eg what training I should focus on, the best ships to use ect. I no like 0 lingo so please if you use anything like that explain what you mean. Big smile

Thanks.

K GO! Big smile
L'ouris
Have Naught Subsidiaries
#2 - 2014-06-19 03:26:18 UTC
One option would be to train up small hybrid turrets and gallente destroyer to at least IV then gank your CEO and steal his fancy loot.

Another option would be to ingratiate yourself with your corp, get access to the hangers with all the loot, and rob them blind.

Yet another option is to play nice, grow the corp and reap the rewards that come from skimming off the top of a legitimate corp as payment for services rendered.

Yet another would be to not spend anything and keep mining your heart out, then investing that hard earned ISK in the market or corp and get a good return from loans or investments

Lastly ( off the top of my head ) , buy a plex, stock up on mining ships and skill up an alt or two and become master of the belts.

P.S.
War decs and ransom are viable as well...
Elseerian Lynks
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#3 - 2014-06-19 03:28:39 UTC
LOL, yeah I think the corp leader would **** my face if I tried. hahaha.

Also how can I post my player stat's to help everyone here post what I need to progress further? I cant find my char on eve board.
L'ouris
Have Naught Subsidiaries
#4 - 2014-06-19 03:30:57 UTC
Elseerian Lynks wrote:

Also how can I post my player stat's to help everyone here post what I need to progress further? I cant find my char on eve board.

As an aside: Eve is a game where keeping an open mind and occasionally trying for the impossible can yield amazing results. :)
Elseerian Lynks
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#5 - 2014-06-19 03:39:01 UTC
L'ouris wrote:
Elseerian Lynks wrote:

As an aside: Eve is a game where keeping an open mind and occasionally trying for the impossible can yield amazing results. :)

ill keep that in mind Smile
Malcolm Lionel
Lionel War Industries
Gooseflock Featheration
#6 - 2014-06-19 04:53:14 UTC
You could try null sec mining if you get in with the right folks. It's a lot of fun and the isk is better. All you nneed is a procurer and your set!
Elseerian Lynks
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#7 - 2014-06-19 05:01:43 UTC
Malcolm Lionel wrote:
You could try null sec mining if you get in with the right folks. It's a lot of fun and the isk is better. All you nneed is a procurer and your set!

I'll look into that, were would the best place be to find a group that is doing that other than inside my corp of course? Also what's the best way to go about it as I don't wanna spend 10000 hours jumping from nul sec back to normal sec.
Sabriz Adoudel
Move along there is nothing here
#8 - 2014-06-19 05:09:01 UTC
Mining will never make you much ISK. You're better off stealing it, or trading.

I support the New Order and CODE. alliance. www.minerbumping.com

Elseerian Lynks
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#9 - 2014-06-19 05:23:32 UTC
Sabriz Adoudel wrote:

Them linked post's make little to no sense to me lol. I have a badger but don't like the idea of just flying around. Another question is it worth getting certificate's?
Webvan
All Kill No Skill
#10 - 2014-06-19 05:37:06 UTC
Elseerian Lynks wrote:
Sabriz Adoudel wrote:

Them linked post's make little to no sense to me lol. I have a badger but don't like the idea of just flying around. Another question is it worth getting certificate's?

Yeah, pick what you want to do, not 'how to make lots of ISK' as you would guess the way to do it... because mining is not Blink
Combat pilot and'or trader (not necessarily hauling) makes the ISK, though trading takes investment. Industry yes, but more long term and more competitive. Mining like in any game, it's quick ISK in the beginning, but long term not so great.

Certs don't matter, just train the skills that fit your activities best.

I'm in it for the money

Ctrl+Alt+Shift+F12

Elseerian Lynks
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#11 - 2014-06-19 05:42:41 UTC
Webvan wrote:
Elseerian Lynks wrote:
Sabriz Adoudel wrote:

Yeah, pick what you want to do, not 'how to make lots of ISK' as you would guess the way to do it... because mining is not Blink
Combat pilot and'or trader (not necessarily hauling) makes the ISK, though trading takes investment. Industry yes, but more long term and more competitive. Mining like in any game, it's quick ISK in the beginning, but long term not so great.

Certs don't matter, just train the skills that fit your activities best.

so I should aim for insurgent's or whatever there called for PvE and probs do salvaging first so I no what im actually doing when I actually get into the fighting?
Webvan
All Kill No Skill
#12 - 2014-06-19 05:50:01 UTC  |  Edited by: Webvan
Elseerian Lynks wrote:

so I should aim for insurgent's or whatever there called for PvE and probs do salvaging first so I no what im actually doing when I actually get into the fighting?

Figure out what interests you, such as a long term goal: http://swiftandbitter.com/eve/wtd/
Then you can figure out what skills and ships you need to aim for.
In the meantime, do all the career agents. Then after that maybe do Sisters of EVE: The Blood Stained Stars epic arc. By then you will have a better feel for the game and what you may want to do.

Wait, how long have you been playing? Your corp history says since last year... and you are in a large corp atm.

I'm in it for the money

Ctrl+Alt+Shift+F12

Clara Pond
Never Not Snazzy
#13 - 2014-06-19 06:25:54 UTC
All too many new players go down the path of highsec mining for ISK because they are simply not aware of the other options. After a while they realise that while they are trickling ISK in, they are not having fun, and they quit.

Consider that your real goal might be actually to maximise your fun per hour, but you think you need ISK to have fun.

There are many ways to have a lot of fun in Eve that pay for themselves, or earn far more than highsec mining does. Highsec bot-aspirants will tell you that they are unsavoury or unfair or somehow not playing Eve right, and that you should aim to maximise your yield so that you can sell your ore to them so they can make more profit on it. Ask yourself who has your best interests at heart?
Elseerian Lynks
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#14 - 2014-06-19 10:30:29 UTC
anyone wanna take me under there wing here? :) all good tips guys.
Gorthanator
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#15 - 2014-06-19 10:53:02 UTC
Personally I would recommend mission running rather then mining to make as a new player as the skills are applicable to PvP which is where the fun really is in this game, mining is for playing semi AFK.
L'ouris
Have Naught Subsidiaries
#16 - 2014-06-19 12:47:02 UTC
To be fair, mining can be social and fun in the right circumstances. Sometimes it's fun to play the antelope And out fox the slow lion :)
Heinrich Erquilenne
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#17 - 2014-06-19 13:34:07 UTC  |  Edited by: Heinrich Erquilenne
I strongly suggest you get at least two copies of two mining ship to have a sustainable mining experience.

One AFK mining ship: a procurer, fit it with tanking modules. Needs to be checked every 20 minutes or so. Don't forget to use the "orbit" command to avoid trolling from people who have fun pushing afk miner's ships. Don't be silly and don't orbit the asteroid you're mining...

Suggested AFK fitting:

http://img4.hostingpics.net/pics/186815procurerafk.png

Drones: 2x Hornet EC-300, 3x Hammerhead. Gankers should have a terrible experience trying to lock on you because of ECM drones and won't kill you because you have so many HPs. Not saying it can't happen but only idiots would try.

So yes if you plan to afk a lot then focus on unlocking the barge and then tanking skills and drones.

You also need a ship for active mining with bonuses to yield and stuff like that. See the wiki.

If you plan to do active mining, there are a lot of guides out there and you should just read the advanced mining guide on the official wiki.
Heinrich Erquilenne
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#18 - 2014-06-19 13:35:23 UTC
edit: double post
Kitty Bear
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#19 - 2014-06-19 13:38:54 UTC
Hisec PVE Incomes can vary by activity.
Mining -> Missions -> Incursions

First thing I'd do would be to check on the market for Ore Prices and see if the CEO was ripping me off.
If he was, look for new corp, or seriously consider my revenge options as listed by L'ouris.

Mining has little overlap with most other common income sources
And I believe is best done as a group activity, and not just for the Boosts.

For salvaging & mission help join the community chat channels
Free Wrecks
Help my Mission (also look up their web page)

You don't need a Noctis for salvaging
a Catalyst with 4/4 or 5/3 Salvagers/TB's will do
Alex Hackle
Memes and Shitstack Emporium
Goonswarm Federation
#20 - 2014-06-19 14:13:00 UTC
Elseerian Lynks wrote:
anyone wanna take me under there wing here? :) all good tips guys.

Only if you stop misspelling words.
12Next page