These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page12

solo hunting ratters

First post
Author
Ralph King-Griffin
New Eden Tech Support
#21 - 2014-06-17 12:22:51 UTC
Pilgrims make lazor boats nervous ,20% bonus to Energy Vamp and Energy Neut Shocked
xXxXxXxXxXxX Orti
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#22 - 2014-06-17 13:29:32 UTC
Ralph King-Griffin wrote:
Pilgrims make lazor boats nervous ,20% bonus to Energy Vamp and Energy Neut Shocked

What about ratting ishtars and tengus? are there any recon boats or cloakie t3's that i can use?
Ralph King-Griffin
New Eden Tech Support
#23 - 2014-06-17 13:43:11 UTC
ill have to defer to someone with more experience on that.
xXxXxXxXxXxX Orti
Caldari State
#24 - 2014-06-17 14:27:47 UTC
Ralph King-Griffin wrote:
ill have to defer to someone with more experience on that.

Cheers,

it's been a while since i hunted ratters solo I don't really want to use anything but a cloakie since most of the time gates are camped at least wth cloakie you have more chance to surivive
Malcolm Shinhwa
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#25 - 2014-06-17 19:41:38 UTC
Jenn aSide wrote:
xXxXxXxXxXxX Orti wrote:
What ships do people use with success now?

Recons used to be a good shout but not sure with the changes to npcs etc.

cheers

The PVE 'meta' has change in null.

Not that fighters can be enhanced by drone mods, you see a LOT more carriers ratting in upgraded systems. That's potentially good for small gangs and hot drop teams, less so for the solo sub cap guy looking to kill ratters. Your better chance for solo ratter kills is in renter space (and Deklein :) ).

Do not go to Deklein. Especially K5F. It is a terrible place that gankers should stay away from. Also, stop scaring my VNI.

[i]"The purpose of fighting is to win. There is no possible victory in defense. The sword is more important than the shield and skill is more important than either. The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental[/i]."

Anomaly One
Doomheim
#26 - 2014-06-18 08:33:18 UTC
group with other people solo

Psychotic Monk for CSM9 https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=326497 you want content in highsec? vote Monk

ISD Dorrim Barstorlode
ISD Community Communications Liaisons
ISD Alliance
#27 - 2014-06-18 22:22:21 UTC
Removed a killmail posting.

ISD Dorrim Barstorlode

Senior Lead

Community Communication Liaisons (CCLs)

Interstellar Services Department

Yun Kuai
Garoun Investment Bank
Gallente Federation
#28 - 2014-06-19 06:24:21 UTC
No, the new AI now means that as soon as you decloak and apply any form of Ewar to the ratter, all of the NPC aggro will switch to you. So you now have to tank the full room or spawn in addition into the guy you're shooting, which means recons can't do it anymore.

R.I.P. arazu.....

--------------------------------------------------------::::::::::::--:::-----:::---::::::::::::--------------:::----------:::----:::---:::----------------------:::::::-------:::---:::----::::::-------------------:::-----------:::--:::----:::---------------------::::::::::::----:::::::----:::::::::::::-------

xXxXxXxXxXxX Orti
Caldari State
#29 - 2014-06-19 10:18:10 UTC
Yun Kuai wrote:
No, the new AI now means that as soon as you decloak and apply any form of Ewar to the ratter, all of the NPC aggro will switch to you. So you now have to tank the full room or spawn in addition into the guy you're shooting, which means recons can't do it anymore.

R.I.P. arazu.....

Oh that's pretty crap. So i'm an NPC who has been trying to kill the ratter, I certainly am going to change my primary to shoot at a incursion who is helping me kill the primary target.
LUMINOUS SPIRIT
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#30 - 2014-06-19 19:58:20 UTC
Arronicus wrote:
LUMINOUS SPIRIT wrote:
Use helios or buzzard alt with combat probes, deimos or ishtar or cerberus (all with scram) to warp in.

Ignoring the fact that he said solo hunting ratters, not dual boxing;

This is a terrible way to do it. Ignoring the fact that you can d-scan or just warp straight to havens and forsaken hubs, and mining anoms, if you bring in a prober first, you're giving them enough warning time to get out.

Tengu
Proteus
Scythe fleet issue

are probably the three most popular and effective I see these days for SOLO work deep into enemy ratting space.

okay o great jita suicide ganker, guess all these years of killing carriers, tengus, machariels, domis and ishtars and i have been doing it wrong!

tell you what. i leave griefing and suicide ganking to peeps like you, and how about you leave proper hunting to peeps like me.

pro-tip - combat probing with a perfect prober with virtues in is FASTER then a ceptor. you get warp hits on carriers from 16AU away, and on domis/tengus/ishtars from 8AU - in roughly 4 seconds. 6 if you count the time to toss actual probes.

another pro-tip - solo is defined as one person, not 1 account.
ISD LackOfFaith
ISD Community Communications Liaisons
ISD Alliance
#31 - 2014-06-19 21:36:16 UTC  |  Edited by: ISD LackOfFaith
30 posts in and the Stratios hasn't been mentioned? It's almost a HAC in HP/damage, but has a covert cloak and probing bonuses. It's a little bit pricey but such a "perfect" solution for a problem is bound to be (also it's cheaper than the T3 solution).

ISD LackOfFaith

Captain

Community Communication Liaisons (CCLs)

Interstellar Services Department

I do not respond to Eve Mail or anything other than the forums.

LUMINOUS SPIRIT
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#32 - 2014-06-20 00:02:24 UTC  |  Edited by: LUMINOUS SPIRIT
ISD LackOfFaith wrote:
30 posts in and the Stratios hasn't been mentioned? It's almost a HAC in HP/damage, but has a covert cloak and probing bonuses. It's a little bit pricey but such a "perfect" solution for a problem is bound to be (also it's cheaper than the T3 solution).

stratios has cpu problems when fitting a probe launcher for true solo hunting, and it lacks the tank to take on most ratting boats (because of cpu problems). also not nullified and slower less dps then ishtar/vexor navy.
Garandras
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#33 - 2014-06-20 01:23:04 UTC
Aquila Sagitta wrote:
Why would you tackle a procurer solo in a ceptor regardless of the recent buff. You're not gonna kill it Roll

You obviously don't know how to fly a DPS ceptor
Dalto Bane
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#34 - 2014-06-20 11:15:11 UTC
Pilgrim is good, but you have to be selective of your target (NO Missle/Drone platforms), and keep a flight of ECM drones just in case, and use your tracking disruptor bonus, especially if you go against Minnies. Interceptors and Interdictors are always fun. If you want to stick with cheap T1 Cruisers, you can not go wrong with Vexor and Rupture. Vexors can field an insane tank for its cost and size.

Drops Mic

xXxXxXxXxXxX Orti
Caldari State
#35 - 2014-06-22 01:02:31 UTC
ISD LackOfFaith wrote:

I think the problem is the new AI has made solo hunting in recons redundant, they dont have enough DPS and tank. Statios seems ok I guess I';ve been toying with it but I think the feeling is it's a bit too "clumsy" to be anything but a gang warfare boat. I could be completely wrong.
Previous page12