These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Out of Pod Experience

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Politics and Religion?

First post
Author
Dorian Tormak
Rapid Withdrawal
Pen Is Out
#1 - 2014-06-16 13:26:17 UTC  |  Edited by: Dorian Tormak
Please note that this is not a thread for discussing politics or religion.

I just want to know why the Eve Online forum rules clearly state that no discussion of politics or religion are allowed.

What is / are the reasoning(s) behind this?

Some possible reasons:

- CCP are anti-political
- CCP are anti-religion
- Both of the above ^
- These discussions always get out of hand due to trolling and / or the magnitude of what is being discussed
- CCP are too lazy to have an intelligent conversation about some of the most important concepts in human history

I think in the rule itself it states that "there are other websites with forums for these topics", but the thing is, that is not really a reason, at least I don't think it is. So what's the real reason?

OK, the obvious answer is "those topics cause arguments", but let's be real here; if you're afraid of having your view of the world examined, then maybe you should think again about the way you view the world, or simply not take part in the conversation.

Thoughts?

Holy Satanic Christ! This is a Goddamn Signature!

Marc Durant
#2 - 2014-06-16 13:27:27 UTC
that's a whole lot of words to type "I wanted to make a troll thread but killed the joke by typing too much".

Yes, yes I am. Thanks for noticing.

Marcus Gord
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#3 - 2014-06-16 13:30:10 UTC
inb4l for moderation discussion.

but i think it's most likely to be 'These discussions always get out of hand due to trolling and / or the magnitude of what is being discussed'

In a few moments you will have an experience that will seem completely real. It will be the result of your subconscious fears transformed to your conscious awareness.

http://i.imgur.com/LM2NKUf.png

Doreen Kaundur
#4 - 2014-06-16 13:32:23 UTC
Because flaming game noobs is fine, but flaming someone politics or region isn't.

Sadly even current events involving such aren't permitted.

[center]1. Minor navigation color change. 2. Show bookmarks in the overview.[/center]

Dorian Tormak
Rapid Withdrawal
Pen Is Out
#5 - 2014-06-16 13:32:50 UTC
Marc Durant wrote:
that's a whole lot of words to type "I wanted to make a troll thread but killed the joke by typing too much".

Sick burn.

Destination SkillQueue
Doomheim
#6 - 2014-06-16 13:35:24 UTC

It's because experience has shown they tend to end up in heated arguments and insults with people being offended and hardly ever lead to anything constructive.

Also, IBTL.
Jonah Gravenstein
Machiavellian Space Bastards
#7 - 2014-06-16 14:09:59 UTC
As in real life politics and religion generally lead to arguments and wars, not to mention shitposts.

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.

New Player FAQ

Feyd's Survival Pack

Dorian Tormak
Rapid Withdrawal
Pen Is Out
#8 - 2014-06-16 14:21:38 UTC
Jonah Gravenstein wrote:
As in real life politics and religion generally lead to arguments and wars, not to mention shitposts.

I believe the term you are searching for is shitpoast

Jonah Gravenstein
Machiavellian Space Bastards
#9 - 2014-06-16 15:32:56 UTC
Dorian Tormak wrote:
Jonah Gravenstein wrote:

I believe the term you are searching for is shitpoast
Nah shitpost is no longer censored, so I use it.

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.

New Player FAQ

Feyd's Survival Pack

Kaarous Aldurald
Black Hydra Consortium.
#10 - 2014-06-16 15:39:06 UTC
I can confirm that it is still okay to make fun of Canadians. I have been reported for that twice and it didn't stick.

"Verily, I have often laughed at the weaklings who thought themselves good because they had no claws."

One of ours, ten of theirs.

Best Meltdown Ever.

ISD Dorrim Barstorlode
ISD Community Communications Liaisons
#11 - 2014-06-16 15:47:23 UTC
There is a reason provided immediately following the rule. I shall post it for you below:

3. Discussions about politics and religion not allowed, there are other websites with forums for these topics.

As that has been addressed, I shall now close this thread.

ISD Dorrim Barstorlode

Senior Lead

Community Communication Liaisons (CCLs)

Interstellar Services Department