These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE Information Portal

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
123Next pageLast page

Dev blog: Starbase changes for Crius

First post First post
Author
CCP Phantom
C C P
C C P Alliance
#1 - 2014-06-16 13:45:20 UTC  |  Edited by: CCP Phantom
With Crius, the next EVE Online release to be published on July 22nd, major changes will come to Industry and with that you will also see tweaks and changes related to player-owned starbases (POS).

A brief overview of the most important changes:
  • Reprocessing POS Arrays will change and be more efficient
  • Compression Arrays will be introduced
  • Other industry related Arrays (eg. for research, invention and manufacturing) will receive a bonus for each additionally similar structure anchored at the same POS
  • Faction standing requirements to anchor POS are removed
  • Starbase Defense Management skill requires only Anchoring 4 instead of Anchoring 5

Much more information and all the details are available in CCP Ytterbium's latest dev blog Starbase changes for Crius.

CCP Phantom - Senior Community Developer

Mashie Saldana
V0LTA
WE FORM V0LTA
#2 - 2014-06-16 13:51:54 UTC  |  Edited by: Mashie Saldana
Easy first.

It will be interesting to see what the break even cost will be for using a larger tower with multiple labs/arrays of the same type is vs a smaller tower with a single lab/array.
Chribba
Otherworld Enterprises
Otherworld Empire
#3 - 2014-06-16 14:02:04 UTC  |  Edited by: Chribba
Arrgh dem starbases!

... Veldqual, you shall never compress again Sad

Structure cost scaling - I will have to pay tax at my own starbase? (Haven't followed the discussion on this)

/c

★★★ Secure 3rd party service ★★★

Visit my in-game channel 'Holy Veldspar'

Twitter @ChribbaVeldspar

probag Bear
Xiong Offices
#4 - 2014-06-16 14:10:15 UTC
Reposting this into the appropriate thread:
probag Bear wrote:
CCP Greyscale wrote:
We're still looking at online/offline shenanigans, but they're not considered game-breaking given that the major investment is in the structures themselves and there's no additional fuel load for additional structures.

Er. Not that I wouldn't absolutely love for things to stay this way, but it is pretty game-breaking. A dozen of online arrays means you can barely have any hardeners or guns online. Similarly, a dozen of online arrays means you can't have a dozen of a different type of array also onlined.

Letting bonuses apply from offline structures means being able to just stick 40bil of arrays onto a single Minnie tower, offlining all but one of each kind, proceeding to online a mass of guns and hardeners, and still getting full bonuses for everything. I definitely wouldn't complain if you allowed that, but I also wouldn't consider it very fair to other players.

probag Bear wrote:
Personally, I no longer place a high priority on getting multiple starbase arrays to provide any bonus come Crius, as opposed to at some later date. I've found other ways of gaming that system, although they are a bit cumbersome. I doubt I reflect the opinion of most POS manufacturers on this one though.
Lair Osen
#5 - 2014-06-16 14:14:26 UTC
How will we get the faction blueprint?
Wiener Chomper
Doomheim
#6 - 2014-06-16 14:15:00 UTC
Quote:
Newly formed corporations will need to wait 7 days before being able to anchor Starbases. This is to inhibit players from immediately moving Starbase assets to another corporation if under a war declaration.

So basically all we need to do is create a bunch of corporations now using alts so that players can immediately move starbase assets to another corporation so we can avoid war? EZPZ
Steve Ronuken
Fuzzwork Enterprises
Vote Steve Ronuken for CSM
#7 - 2014-06-16 14:30:24 UTC
Chribba wrote:
Arrgh dem starbases!

... Veldqual, you shall never compress again Sad

Structure cost scaling - I will have to pay tax at my own starbase? (Haven't followed the discussion on this)

/c

You have to pay the installation (or build) cost where ever you install jobs.

There's an additional 10% tax on top of that for NPC stations.

Woo! CSM XI!

Fuzzwork Enterprises

Twitter: @fuzzysteve on Twitter

Rittel
Band of Valence
#8 - 2014-06-16 14:30:37 UTC
I think this is just me being dumb but the Structure cost scaling but it says "This bonus is going to be a flat reduction on the whole job cost price" - is this the mineral cost of the job or reduction is tax etc to install the job?
Kimimaro Yoga
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#9 - 2014-06-16 14:32:14 UTC
Wiener Chomper wrote:
Quote:
Newly formed corporations will need to wait 7 days before being able to anchor Starbases. This is to inhibit players from immediately moving Starbase assets to another corporation if under a war declaration.

So basically all we need to do is create a bunch of corporations now using alts so that players can immediately move starbase assets to another corporation so we can avoid war? EZPZ

People who think and plan ahead (or really just star base owners smart enough to read the comments on a star base changes dev blog) won't have trouble, those who throw up a POS without thinking about wardecs are more likely to suffer. Eve, working as intended.

Now recruiting: http://dogfacedesign.com/index.php/Recruiting-Posters/recruiting-poster-patr3

Steve Ronuken
Fuzzwork Enterprises
Vote Steve Ronuken for CSM
#10 - 2014-06-16 14:34:11 UTC
Rittel wrote:
I think this is just me being dumb but the Structure cost scaling but it says "This bonus is going to be a flat reduction on the whole job cost price" - is this the mineral cost of the job or reduction is tax etc to install the job?

Reduction on the install cost. not the material cost.

Woo! CSM XI!

Fuzzwork Enterprises

Twitter: @fuzzysteve on Twitter

Seith Kali
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#11 - 2014-06-16 14:43:41 UTC
25% seems a bit high when you consider the logistics of using a 50% amarr outpost. I am assuming the max bonus is simply due to an additive multiplier and that happens to be the CPU limit of a Caldari large tower.

Apprentice Goonswarm Economic Warfare Consultant - Drowning in entitlement and privilege. 

Felicity Love
Doomheim
#12 - 2014-06-16 14:48:47 UTC
Very cool stuff. Cool Always great to have a concise summary in one location. Idea

Now, about the "Standings" issue and how it affects job installation costs, taxes and so forth at NPC stations for those players who have the Standings, and will always love their NPC stations, and / or really aren't interested in POS.

Can we expect a DEV Blog on that soon, too ?

Thanks.

"EVE is dying." -- The Four Forum Trolls of the Apocalypse.   ( Pick four, any four. They all smell.  )

CCP Ytterbium
C C P
C C P Alliance
#13 - 2014-06-16 14:54:59 UTC
Rittel wrote:

It's a reduction in the installation ISK price, not materials. Material reductions are covered by a different ME bonus (mainly on Assembly Arrays).
Oxide Ammar
#14 - 2014-06-16 14:56:40 UTC
It's nice to summarize all starbase tweaks in one blog.

Lady Areola Fappington:  Solo PVP isn't dead!  You just need to make sure you have your booster, remote rep, cyno, and emergency Falcon alts logged in and ready before you do any solo PVPing.

Shinzhi Xadi
Doomheim
#15 - 2014-06-16 14:57:42 UTC
So, I spent years grinding empire standings, a big part of the reason why, was so I could put up a POS on my high sec alt.

Whats the point of spending time grinding empire standing now?

CCP please don't make our years worth of standing useless!

Mac Pro dual 6-core Xeon 3.06ghz, 24gig ecc ram, EVGA GTX 680 Mac Edition, Intel SSD, OS X Yosemite and Windows 8.1 Pro.

Dramaticus
State War Academy
Caldari State
#16 - 2014-06-16 15:03:04 UTC
Shinzhi Xadi wrote:
So, I spent years grinding empire standings, a big part of the reason why, was so I could put up a POS on my high sec alt.

I hate to break it to you but literally all the time spent in EVE is worthless

The 'do-nothing' member of the GoonSwarm Economic Warfare Cabal

The edge is REALLY hard to see at times but it DOES exist and in this case we were looking at a situation where a new feature created for all of our customers was being virtually curbstomped by five of them

timm mmah
Doomheim
#17 - 2014-06-16 15:03:23 UTC
So if the compressed ores will only need 100 of the base ores, where will that change be made? Will the compressed ores yield less than the current sheet indicates, or will the base ores yield less?
Snucklefruts
Dirty Stinky Pirates
#18 - 2014-06-16 15:06:49 UTC
The buff to manufacturing in POSs means industrialists will lock 10s of billions in those shiny bubbles.

We look forward to continuing our search for the Golden Bar of Soap. Pirate
Sentient Blade
Crisis Atmosphere
Coalition of the Unfortunate
#19 - 2014-06-16 15:06:55 UTC
Lowsec is getting a 10% material bonus for T2? That's close to 80 or 90 million ISK for certain ships! i.e. the entire profit margin.
Querns
Science and Trade Institute
Caldari State
#20 - 2014-06-16 15:07:06 UTC
Shinzhi Xadi wrote:

You continue to enjoy reduced market taxation and access to higher quality missions as part of grinding standings.

This post was crafted by the wormhole expert of the Goonswarm Economic Warfare Cabal, the foremost authority on Eve: Online economics and gameplay.

123Next pageLast page