These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Wormholes

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page123Next page

Mid June Killboard Recap

Author
Haethan
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#21 - 2014-06-16 07:09:01 UTC  |  Edited by: Haethan
I dont really like amount of kills as a metric. if just one of your member regularly flies with groups like RvB Ganked, your corp suddenly seems active, even if all you do in w-space is running sites. having QEX / BU in this list way under adhoc just doesn't seem right
Alundil
Rolled Out
#22 - 2014-06-16 07:31:42 UTC
Hayley Enaka wrote:
Pre-downtime AUTZ is generally pretty quiet but after downtime you get to start picking on the russians and other early risers. Other than that, play on weekends or quit your job and play during the day if you want to find people Big smile

Pretty much this.

USTZ guy checking in

I'm right behind you

Ab'del Abu
Atlantis Ascendant
#23 - 2014-06-16 08:58:50 UTC
Haethan wrote:
I dont really like amount of kills as a metric. if just one of your member regularly flies with groups like RvB Ganked, your corp suddenly seems active, even if all you do in w-space is running sites. having QEX / BU in this list way under adhoc just doesn't seem right

Well it's not necessarily a bad metric in general. But it would be awesome to see some additional ones, e.g.

- wh-space-kills only
- kills per capita
- number/percentage of active players (any killmails at all)
- solo-kills
- average gang size
- number of kills w/o structure kills
- etc.

I don't know if that would be a lot of effort to implement ... anyhow your statistics are appreciated!
NoobMan
Perkone
Caldari State
#24 - 2014-06-16 09:14:37 UTC  |  Edited by: NoobMan
If I knew how to make websites and stuff I would.

As for automating it, I'm sure there's a way you could do an up to date day by day look. But that's out of my technical grasp. If someone wants to take the idea and run with it go for it. As long as you make sure HK is #1 :P

But any way I could make a thread maybe every 15-16 days like on the first of the month post the Wormhole recap for the previous month. And if you folks like we can do the 15th mid month recap. Maybe have a minimum limit of 20-30bil? And each month I could grow the list to to fit the Wormhole groups that qualify.

Honestly it didn't take much effort to make this excel sheet. I just got the names from the Notable Wormhole corp/alliance sticky thread and pasted the names into zKill and copy and pasted the top line in stats for the month.

inb4 everyone complains that HK gets all of its kills in Null sec. We rage-roll and roll our inactive chains a lot. We do look for you Wormhole peeps but we get distracted by all the null sec carriers ratting, and tackling Titans in Deklein.

Operations Director of Hard K(n)ocks Inc.

Meytal
Doomheim
#25 - 2014-06-16 12:16:55 UTC
I haven't looked at any of the killboard software out there, since thankfully someone else manages that for us, but in theory it shouldn't be outrageous to pull only kills from wormhole systems from eve-kill or zKillboard to a new killboard that doesn't track anything on its own.
Andrew Jester
Collapsed Out
Pandemic Legion
#26 - 2014-06-16 12:21:02 UTC
Ab'del Abu wrote:
Haethan wrote:

Well it's not necessarily a bad metric in general. But it would be awesome to see some additional ones, e.g.

- wh-space-kills only
- kills per capita
- number/percentage of active players (any killmails at all)
- solo-kills
- average gang size
- number of kills w/o structure kills
- etc.

I don't know if that would be a lot of effort to implement ... anyhow your statistics are appreciated!

It would be pretty easy to do. If I end up with some freetime I'll look into it.

If thuggin' was a category I'd win a Grammy

calaretu
Honestly We didnt know
#27 - 2014-06-16 12:43:41 UTC
Hm. yeah this shouldnt be too hard to replicate
Borsek
KarmaFleet
Goonswarm Federation
#28 - 2014-06-16 13:14:03 UTC
Worst month ever, thanks to ;Dat Narwhals Whelp;
On the bright side, I now have a new teamspeak tag [WHELP], hooray!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JNgb4SsjuuA
Dani Dusette
Division 13
#29 - 2014-06-16 13:25:53 UTC
Dark Armata wrote:
Possible sarcasm. I love au tz, great times to be had.

Still can't figure out how rolled out have time for in game pvp.

Do you guys ping for forum pew

Bet the dusette family is first to respond.

;)

Generally don't require a ping, we can solo against most corps and alliances, sometimes even against an entire subforum like GD.

As for me my forum activity depends on RL work. Weekday dayshifts for me are when I sperge the most as I only have forum access. Nights and weekends it's all about the ingame.

dαní ㅤㅤ

σиlу ιи dαякиєѕѕ cαи уσυ ѕєє тнє ѕтαяѕ

ISD Ezwal: "Might I inform you that I am as real as it gets?"

Erica Dusette
Division 13
#30 - 2014-06-16 13:33:56 UTC
Confirming that ingame isn't the only place where multiboxing is fun.

Jack Miton > you be nice or you're sleeping on the couch again!

Part-Time Wormhole Pirate Full-Time Supermodel

worмнole dιary + cнaracтer вιoѕвσss

Nash MacAllister
Air
The Initiative.
#31 - 2014-06-16 14:04:56 UTC
Forgive me if I missed this but do the stats include POS structures? If so, it would be great to see them filtered or at least a separate set of results without them included.

It would be good to see this ranking by Corp and not just alliance, sometimes that paints a far different picture of actual activity. WH-only stats are very helpful as well because quite frankly and as was previously stated, folks running with RvB or doing LS/NS roams mean nothing to many of us.

In the end, many of us have different metrics for how active or "good" we are doing against other w-space corps...

But thank you for pulling this together, it is great to see some stats again.

Yes, if you have to ask yourself the question, just assume we are watching you...

Andrew Jester
Collapsed Out
Pandemic Legion
#32 - 2014-06-16 14:20:01 UTC
The thing about WH only metrics is that many corps often have to dive out to k-space to find fights when you get a ton of **** chains in a row.

Meytal
Doomheim
#33 - 2014-06-16 15:52:17 UTC
Andrew Jester wrote:
The thing about WH only metrics is that many corps often have to dive out to k-space to find fights when you get a ton of **** chains in a row.

That was the beauty of Gnaw's work, and possibly also why it was so labour-intensive. If we felt that all kills from notable W-space entities should be included, we could do so. If we didn't like structure bashes, or non-W-Space kills, we could see the data without that. I guess with my previous request, my ideals are exposed; but choices are much more important than dictating How Things Shall Be (tm).

But indeed, thank you for even this glimpse! It shows that my thoughts of June being an active month are indeed true, and that my corp needs to get itself in gear, as we're slacking :)
Cara Forelli
State War Academy
Caldari State
#34 - 2014-06-16 16:03:23 UTC
Erica Dusette wrote:

What kind of rig are you running that you have no issues running multiple browsers??

It would be pretty neat if somebody could put this info into a table with sortable column headers.

Want to talk? Join my channel in game: House Forelli

Titan's Lament

Andrew Jester
Collapsed Out
Pandemic Legion
#35 - 2014-06-16 16:24:37 UTC
Cara Forelli wrote:
Erica Dusette wrote:

What kind of rig are you running that you have no issues running multiple browsers??

It would be pretty neat if somebody could put this info into a table with sortable column headers.

Chrome incognito windows ez mode.

If I get to playing with it, sortable is easy too

Alundil
Rolled Out
#36 - 2014-06-16 16:39:03 UTC
Cara Forelli wrote:
Erica Dusette wrote:

pretty sure she meant 'different' boxes

:)

I'm right behind you

Cara Forelli
State War Academy
Caldari State
#37 - 2014-06-16 19:21:43 UTC  |  Edited by: Cara Forelli
Alundil wrote:
Cara Forelli wrote:
Erica Dusette wrote:

pretty sure she meant 'different' boxes

:)

WhooshWhoosh

Then again, I'm currently training Subtlety V. Next is Small Troll Specialization I.

Want to talk? Join my channel in game: House Forelli

Titan's Lament

TurboX3
Pulling The Plug
PURPLE HELMETED WARRIORS
#38 - 2014-06-16 20:15:27 UTC
NoobMan good stuff!
Darnel Ochone
Eight Miles High
#39 - 2014-06-16 20:32:39 UTC
someone used to run a kb at whkills.info that did all that stuff - not sure what ever happened to it though

https://web.archive.org/web/20121204195625/http://whkills.info/?

https://web.archive.org/web/20121204080948/http://stats.whkills.info/

looks like it might have been someone from voc that ran it?

Erica Dusette
Division 13
#40 - 2014-06-16 20:49:26 UTC
Cara Forelli wrote:
Erica Dusette wrote:

Tech 3 rigs of Saucery.

Jack Miton > you be nice or you're sleeping on the couch again!

Part-Time Wormhole Pirate Full-Time Supermodel

worмнole dιary + cнaracтer вιoѕвσss

Previous page123Next page