These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page123
 

External Station Spinning / External Station View while docked

Author
Jacid
The Upside Down
Forfeiture
#41 - 2014-06-14 19:31:16 UTC
I have always wanted to be able to view the station from an external view similar to the view you have flying a ship around (including overview if possible). All other views (CC and Station spinning view) are just eye candy and have no functional purpose.

+1 to the OP

That being said it would be better to be able to see what ships were docked when they were logged on but lets be honest it would require a major overhaul in part of the CCP to accomplish that.. so its not likely to happen.
afkalt
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#42 - 2014-06-14 19:31:28 UTC
It's already as near as makes no difference risk free. So it is quality of life, which is why I like it.

Well, as near as makes no difference risk free if you're not awful and underprepared.
Bohneik Itohn
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#43 - 2014-06-14 19:34:57 UTC
You say you are arguing against it, but all you've done is Boo-hoo about getting station camped last night.

No one else here brought their ship-loss woes into someone else's thread that isn't even related to PvP and dragged it all over the carpet like a terrier playing with a piece of muddy roadkill.

Wait, CCP kills kittens now too?!  - Freyya

Are you a forum alt? Have you ever wondered why your experience on the forums is always so frustrating and unrewarding? This may help.

Komi Toran
Perkone
Caldari State
#44 - 2014-06-14 19:37:56 UTC
Bohneik Itohn wrote:
You say you are arguing against it, but all you've done is Boo-hoo about getting station camped last night.

I was in the station for five seconds. How was I "camped." I told you exactly what happened.
Bohneik Itohn wrote:
No one else here brought their ship-loss woes into someone else's thread that isn't even related to PvP and dragged it all over the carpet like a terrier playing with a piece of muddy roadkill.

Who lost a ship? Did you lose your Legion? I told you newbies shouldn't fly those things.
Bohneik Itohn
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#45 - 2014-06-14 19:50:02 UTC
Komi Toran wrote:
Bohneik Itohn wrote:
You say you are arguing against it, but all you've done is Boo-hoo about getting station camped last night.

I was in the station for five seconds. How was I "camped." I told you exactly what happened.
Bohneik Itohn wrote:
No one else here brought their ship-loss woes into someone else's thread that isn't even related to PvP and dragged it all over the carpet like a terrier playing with a piece of muddy roadkill.

Who lost a ship? Did you lose your Legion? I told you newbies shouldn't fly those things.


No, you said you took a risk and lost the gamble, and remained painfully vague beyond "I followed these very general steps and felt that it should be safe, but it turned out to be otherwise.".

The posts are still there. No one has cleaned the carpet yet. And it's really awkward that you should try to shift the spotlight when you snatched it out of the laborers hand and hung it over your head like a halo.

I don't use forum alts because hiding the context of my opinions seems silly and childish, so feel free to check how many T3's I've lost.

OP doesn't deserve this trailer park drama. I'm done checking this thread.

Wait, CCP kills kittens now too?!  - Freyya

Are you a forum alt? Have you ever wondered why your experience on the forums is always so frustrating and unrewarding? This may help.

Komi Toran
Perkone
Caldari State
#46 - 2014-06-14 20:06:44 UTC  |  Edited by: Komi Toran
Bohneik Itohn wrote:
No, you said you took a risk and lost the gamble, and remained painfully vague beyond "I followed these very general steps and felt that it should be safe, but it turned out to be otherwise."

OK. I tried giving you the benefit of the doubt, thinking that you were just ignorant of how the game works that led to you giving terrible advice. This, however, proves that ignorance is not actually your problem.

Here's what I said, with emphasis added:
Komi Toran wrote:
Instead, as I understand 0.0 and knew what I was getting in to, I had to spend time watching the locals, looking at their behavior, seeing what ships they were, who was active, where they warped to when coming to my target station, and on top of that I had to do my business in the station and GTFO as quickly as possible so my intel on the exterior did not become stale. I did it successfully. But, unlike your assertion, this was not effortless or nearly so.
Nokken Ghekon
Hedion University
Amarr Empire
#47 - 2014-06-14 20:55:41 UTC
Bohneik Itohn wrote:
Komi Toran wrote:
Bohneik Itohn wrote:
You say you are arguing against it, but all you've done is Boo-hoo about getting station camped last night.

I was in the station for five seconds. How was I "camped." I told you exactly what happened.
Bohneik Itohn wrote:
No one else here brought their ship-loss woes into someone else's thread that isn't even related to PvP and dragged it all over the carpet like a terrier playing with a piece of muddy roadkill.

Who lost a ship? Did you lose your Legion? I told you newbies shouldn't fly those things.


No, you said you took a risk and lost the gamble, and remained painfully vague beyond "I followed these very general steps and felt that it should be safe, but it turned out to be otherwise.".

The posts are still there. No one has cleaned the carpet yet. And it's really awkward that you should try to shift the spotlight when you snatched it out of the laborers hand and hung it over your head like a halo.

I don't use forum alts because hiding the context of my opinions seems silly and childish, so feel free to check how many T3's I've lost.

OP doesn't deserve this trailer park drama. I'm done checking this thread.


It seems this will always be our fate, though, Komi, for we are forum alts....

You see, without our personal interaction with the Eve community our presence becomes insubstantial. Just as in reality a person is defined by their experiences and choices, so too a character in Eve online is defined by what they have done, with whom they did it, and the circumstances of their interactions with other people within the Eve community. When you deny that character's presence in any community, they fail to have a meaningful impact on many aspects on it, because that character now lacks context.

Anything we say, or say we have done, is subject to criticism, because by hiding the context of the events we remove any applicable knowledge of the circumstances. We can say we followed the correct procedures, but unless people know that we have the ability to do so through their past interactions with us, can they really be sure that those events happened? We can say that we didn't suffer consequences for our actions or inactions, but if no one else can confirm this, is it really true?

A tree can fall in the forest and it will make a sound regardless of who or what is present to witness it, but if a person spots a fairy in that same forest and no one else was there to see it, was it really what it seemed to be? How can we know unless this person has put their experience into the context of their prior interactions with the people they share their tale with?

We're forum alts Komi, we will always be questioned, doubted, denied and ridiculed, because we are nobody. We have given nothing, so we shall receive nothing.
Komi's Alt
Doomheim
#48 - 2014-06-14 21:04:12 UTC
Nokken Ghekon wrote:
It seems this will always be our fate, though, Komi, for we are forum alts....

When my alt posts, you'll know.
Serene Repose
#49 - 2014-07-26 07:57:34 UTC
Nokken Ghekon wrote:
Bohneik Itohn wrote:
Komi Toran wrote:
Bohneik Itohn wrote:
You say you are arguing against it, but all you've done is Boo-hoo about getting station camped last night.

I was in the station for five seconds. How was I "camped." I told you exactly what happened.
Bohneik Itohn wrote:
No one else here brought their ship-loss woes into someone else's thread that isn't even related to PvP and dragged it all over the carpet like a terrier playing with a piece of muddy roadkill.

Who lost a ship? Did you lose your Legion? I told you newbies shouldn't fly those things.


No, you said you took a risk and lost the gamble, and remained painfully vague beyond "I followed these very general steps and felt that it should be safe, but it turned out to be otherwise.".

The posts are still there. No one has cleaned the carpet yet. And it's really awkward that you should try to shift the spotlight when you snatched it out of the laborers hand and hung it over your head like a halo.

I don't use forum alts because hiding the context of my opinions seems silly and childish, so feel free to check how many T3's I've lost.

OP doesn't deserve this trailer park drama. I'm done checking this thread.


It seems this will always be our fate, though, Komi, for we are forum alts....

You see, without our personal interaction with the Eve community our presence becomes insubstantial. Just as in reality a person is defined by their experiences and choices, so too a character in Eve online is defined by what they have done, with whom they did it, and the circumstances of their interactions with other people within the Eve community. When you deny that character's presence in any community, they fail to have a meaningful impact on many aspects on it, because that character now lacks context.

Anything we say, or say we have done, is subject to criticism, because by hiding the context of the events we remove any applicable knowledge of the circumstances. We can say we followed the correct procedures, but unless people know that we have the ability to do so through their past interactions with us, can they really be sure that those events happened? We can say that we didn't suffer consequences for our actions or inactions, but if no one else can confirm this, is it really true?

A tree can fall in the forest and it will make a sound regardless of who or what is present to witness it, but if a person spots a fairy in that same forest and no one else was there to see it, was it really what it seemed to be? How can we know unless this person has put their experience into the context of their prior interactions with the people they share their tale with?

We're forum alts Komi, we will always be questioned, doubted, denied and ridiculed, because we are nobody. We have given nothing, so we shall receive nothing.
I'm here to tell you mister, a tree falls and makes NO sound. Sound is vibration that has passed through the mechanisms of an EAR (or recording device which is similar to the ear). Without the EAR there is no SOUND. How's that for an alt telling an alt about ... what was the question?

We must accommodate the idiocracy.

Previous page123