These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

The UNDERappreciated things in this expansion...

Author
Akita T
Caldari Navy Volunteer Task Force
#81 - 2011-12-01 05:40:07 UTC
Oh, I am suspecting that the gates are now ACTUALLY pointed towards the PROPER star to which the stargate is actually linked - and the background starfield is the same you can see when you open your map (keep it in 3D, don't flatten it).
:)
Arr0wyx
State War Academy
Caldari State
#82 - 2011-12-01 12:34:10 UTC
Akita T wrote:
Oh, I am suspecting that the gates are now ACTUALLY pointed towards the PROPER star to which the stargate is actually linked - and the background starfield is the same you can see when you open your map (keep it in 3D, don't flatten it).

They are. Big smile
FlameGlow
Perkone
Caldari State
#83 - 2011-12-01 13:05:56 UTC
Akita T wrote:
Ocih wrote:
Glass Canon BCs will establish an opportunity to move away from duke nukem primary systems in large fleet fights. Any Alliances able to form fleets and primary at the squad level will dominate the battle field. Rather than 25 Vs 1 ten times it can be 2 vs 1, 125 times on a battlefield.
If CCP could set up voice servers for squads now.

Rail Nagas dealing more damage at range than a Rokh does even at moderate skills (and much more compared to pre-patch Rohks at similar skill levels)... insane and CHEAP instant damage at long range even in the hands of a relatively new pilot... yeah, I could see this becoming a rather good occasion for a second round of Goonswarm-like opportunities if any other large new pilot group could consider wandering in.

Rails still suck so tornadoes and oracles are way more likely to be used

Akita T
#84 - 2011-12-01 20:26:55 UTC
Arr0wyx wrote:
Akita T wrote:

They are. Big smile

Funny how they don't even MENTION that in the patchnotes, yet it's one of the more important pieces of "adding a feeling of realism to EVE" they could have possibly thought of...
Akita T
#85 - 2011-12-03 14:05:29 UTC
Oh, wait, I'm an idiot. They DID mention it in the patchnotes. How the heck did I miss that the first time ?
Sarina Berghil
New Zion Judge Advocate
#86 - 2011-12-03 21:59:13 UTC
I'd like to be a party pooper and say that the T2 probe launchers kind of suck :-/

Although it wouldn't be right unless there was some sucky T2 gear to carry on the tradition of T2 armor plates, T2 ECM mods and other unappreciated T2 mods. So I guess it's good for something.

And erh, I broke my nail on the darn railing in the Caldari CQ. I crave pink velvet and fluffy dice - and blinkenlights.

Ah ok, it's a pretty decent expansion I have to admit. ;-)
Akita T
#87 - 2011-12-04 08:23:48 UTC
Sarina Berghil wrote:
I'd like to be a party pooper and say that the T2 probe launchers kind of suck :-/

What, you don't like the Sisters-equivalent 5% scan probe strength bonus at T2 prices (and T2 fitting requirements) ?
Nerath Naaris
Pink Winged Unicorns for Peace Love and Anarchy
#88 - 2011-12-04 09:51:00 UTC  |  Edited by: Nerath Naaris
A tiny detail:

You can now "scoop corpse to cargo" from farther away than 2500m. In this case your ship will approach the corpse and automatically scoop it when in range. Before the patch, you had to approach it manually, then scoop it.

In the name of all corpse collectors and necrophiles in Eve, thank you CCP!

Je suis Paris // Köln // Brüssel // Orlando // Nice // Würzburg, München, Ansbach // Saint-Étienne-du-Rouvray

Je suis Berlin // Fort Lauderdale // London // St. Petersburg // Stockholm

Je suis [?]

Carinae
Masuat'aa Matari
Ushra'Khan
#89 - 2011-12-04 10:19:13 UTC
Not sure if this was in before, but I can sort modules in my hangar by tech and Mech level, super for finding higher value better fitting mods,
MaxxOmega
Thirtyplus LLC
Curatores Veritatis Alliance
#90 - 2011-12-04 11:54:54 UTC
Excellent post Akita...

I keep discoveing new things every day. I luv it...

I can't believe how much I like the new skin on the Golem...
Sarina Berghil
New Zion Judge Advocate
#91 - 2011-12-05 12:19:25 UTC
Akita T wrote:
Sarina Berghil wrote:

What, you don't like the Sisters-equivalent 5% scan probe strength bonus at T2 prices (and T2 fitting requirements) ?

Hmm, I thought they had lower bonus. I must have used my wrong glasses. In that case yes they are nice inexpensive alternative.
Tore Vest
#92 - 2011-12-05 12:35:12 UTC
To bad they had to ruining it all with that SC nerf....

No troll.

Valei Khurelem
#93 - 2011-12-05 14:10:49 UTC  |  Edited by: Valei Khurelem
There's one thing I liked a lot that I don't know if anyone else noticed, but in the market when you look at the prerequisites of items etc. you can actually get an accurate idea of how long it's going to take before I get a specific ship or can use certain equipment.

You also have ships now being labelled red uninsured if you look at the info on them so you get a helpful reminder if you're ever planning on switching ships or just looking at your own.

"don't get us wrong, we don't want to screw new players, on the contrary. The core problem here is that tech 1 frigates and cruisers should be appealing enough to be viable platforms in both PvE and PvP."   - CCP Ytterbium

Hemmo Paskiainen
#94 - 2011-12-05 14:19:30 UTC
Dear Mr Akita T

U are missing the 2 most awesome changes in your first post:

-Pod Implant killmail..... oh god i soo love them!!
-Changed agroo mechanics...... too uber!!!

Best changes ever!!

All i have now left to whine about is Black Ops... If they buff that too CCP has managed to shut me up Pirate

/Hemmo

If relativity equals time plus momentum, what equals relativity, if the momentum is minus to the time?

London
Center for Advanced Studies
#95 - 2011-12-05 19:15:49 UTC
Yeah, I'm certainly very happy. I think blasters still need a little more umphh, but otherwise, lets just keep this up...
IGNATIUS HOOD
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#96 - 2011-12-05 19:37:20 UTC
Montevius Williams wrote:
The loot all button is freakin WIN WIN WIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I LOVE me some loot all button. Loot all button + Noctis = WH sally win!
"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats."   --H.L. Mencken
IGNATIUS HOOD
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#97 - 2011-12-05 19:38:08 UTC
Hemmo Paskiainen wrote:
Dear Mr Akita T

Best changes ever!!

All i have now left to whine about is Black Ops... If they buff that too CCP has managed to shut me up Pirate

/Hemmo

I'd love hear your thoughts on BO buffing.
"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats."   --H.L. Mencken
Hemmo Paskiainen
#98 - 2011-12-05 21:29:16 UTC
IGNATIUS HOOD wrote:
Hemmo Paskiainen wrote:
Dear Mr Akita T

Best changes ever!!

/Hemmo

I'd love hear your thoughts on BO buffing.

here
and here

If relativity equals time plus momentum, what equals relativity, if the momentum is minus to the time?

Akita T
#99 - 2011-12-06 01:25:21 UTC
Can covert cynos be lit up in highsec yet ?