These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page12

Fixing Downtime for Australians

Author
Danika Princip
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#21 - 2014-06-12 20:19:43 UTC
Or, y'know, leave it in office hours when CCP will actually have people around to feed the hamsters?
Ncc 1709
Fusion Enterprises Ltd
Reckless Contingency.
#22 - 2014-06-12 20:36:37 UTC
should have played years ago... downtime has been moved to be a less of a pain in the ass already, your also lucky its only 15 to 30 mins these days, it used to be rare if it was less than an hour, sometimes nearer 2 hours
Hakaari Inkuran
State War Academy
Caldari State
#23 - 2014-06-12 20:40:15 UTC
There are many things you want to accomplish right after downtime that are advantageous to you. I'd say Aussies should be happy that they get to experience it during their primetime. Even if you never PVE its still a great window for establishing logoff traps, moving through hostile territory, etc.

I'm sometimes jealous of them.
Gospadin
Bastard Children of Poinen
#24 - 2014-06-12 21:28:45 UTC
Hakaari Inkuran wrote:
There are many things you want to accomplish right after downtime that are advantageous to you. I'd say Aussies should be happy that they get to experience it during their primetime. Even if you never PVE its still a great window for establishing logoff traps, moving through hostile territory, etc.

I'm sometimes jealous of them.

Exactly true. As a USTZ player, I'd rather downtime was sometime between 5PM and midnight local time.
Raiz Nhell
Tactically Challenged
Tactical Supremacy
#25 - 2014-06-13 00:27:51 UTC
As an Aussie TZ player I don't mind having DT in our zone...
I live in the central Australian timezone so DT is smack bang in the middle of the evening...

DT allows me to:
- Restock the beer fridge
- Interact with other humans
- Cook, clean, feed

And transporting stuff around is great just before and just after DT... and the PVP is suprisingly good, always someone up for a pew...

There is no such thing as a fair fight...

If your fighting fair you have automatically put yourself at a disadvantage.

Jint Hikaru
OffWorld Exploration Inc
#26 - 2014-06-13 08:18:37 UTC
Maybe you could use the downtime to brush up on your forum searching skills....

The DT is exactly when CCP need it to be so they can get to work prepare for, run the DT, and have the rest of the day to fix any problems.

Whoever suggested having a rolling downtime, this is even worse. Not only for CCP who would have to staff the office at all hours of the night at times, but also for payers who who are planning events etc, would have to work out what times the DT is going to be in two weeks time ect.

Seriously, think before you post!

Jint Hikaru - Miner / Salvager / Explorer / SpaceBum In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

Previous page12