These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Warfare & Tactics

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
12Next page

Cyno Jammer,,what happend to this CCP proposal?

First post
Author
Stalking Mantis
Tr0pa de elite.
Fraternity.
#1 - 2014-06-12 15:42:31 UTC  |  Edited by: Stalking Mantis
Just a quick stroll down memory lane.

What ever happened to the proposed cyno jammer?

I don't understand how that proposed cyno jammer could have ruined 0.0 alliance logistic since it's only online for an hour.

Now all we get is one that is effective for 100 km.........

Seriously,,,,,this needs to be reconsidered and taken into account.

Amarr Liason Officer Extraordinare -->Check Out Amarrian Vengeance/Amarr FW History from 2011 to 2014 https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=352629&find=unread

Templar Dane
Amarrian Vengeance
Ragequit Cancel Sub
#2 - 2014-06-12 15:48:17 UTC
Don't you know? Lowsec is supposed to be the killing ground for everybody with a jump drive.

If it was up to me, they'd have been in the game, anchorable at a pos, and lasted forever or until destroyed.

Think of all the good fights that would come to the small pockets of space someone was willing to pay for the fuel/upgrades....people might ship down and/or stop hugging titans.
Stalking Mantis
Tr0pa de elite.
Fraternity.
#3 - 2014-06-12 15:59:06 UTC
I agree it would be a great catalyst for small gang pvp. Currently any small gang pvp fc/corp etc. has to keep in mind if they bring out their bling cruisers/battlecruisers or (god forbid) battleships it will be hotdrop o clock sooner or later.

Putting on the tin foil hat I would say the only people NOT BENEFITING from this would be the titan huggers.

Putting on another tin foil hat might I ask what is more important to CCP at the moment:

a: Re invigorating small gang pvp in lowsec without said gangs having to worry about null blocs hot dropping them or;

b; appeasing titan huggers?

correct me if I am wrong but is there another way to look at this? Or am I too paranoid about the collective lobby power of titan huggers?

Amarr Liason Officer Extraordinare -->Check Out Amarrian Vengeance/Amarr FW History from 2011 to 2014 https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=352629&find=unread

Andre Vauban
Federal Defense Union
Gallente Federation
#4 - 2014-06-12 16:05:39 UTC
Stalking Mantis wrote:
I agree it would be a great catalyst for small gang pvp. Currently any small gang pvp fc/corp etc. has to keep in mind if they bring out their bling cruisers/battlecruisers or (god forbid) battleships it will be hotdrop o clock sooner or later.

Putting on the tin foil hat I would say the only people NOT BENEFITING from this would be the titan huggers.

Putting on another tin foil hat might I ask what is more important to CCP at the moment:

a: Re invigorating small gang pvp in lowsec without said gangs having to worry about null blocs hot dropping them or;

correct me if I am wrong but is there another way to look at this? Or am I too paranoid about the collective lobby power of titan huggers?

I agree with your description of the problem, but a cyno jammer is the wrong solution. CCP needs to nerf power projection, not install cyno jammers. Lowsec cyno jammers can be abused in so many ways it isn't even funny.

Maeltstome
Ten Thousand Days
#5 - 2014-06-12 16:46:17 UTC
Templar Dane wrote:
Don't you know? Lowsec is supposed to be the killing ground for everybody with a jump drive.

If it was up to me, they'd have been in the game, anchorable at a pos, and lasted forever or until destroyed.

Think of all the good fights that would come to the small pockets of space someone was willing to pay for the fuel/upgrades....people might ship down and/or stop hugging titans.

Umm... This seems trollish. The result is that one side has capitals and the other side doesn't.

Unless you camp a system for 36 hours solid (until a POS comes out of reinforced) then you wont be able to catch a defending fleet dropping a cyno-jammer and bringing in caps to laugh off the sub-cap fleet you will be using to try and finish off the POS.

Or am i missing something?
Maeltstome
Ten Thousand Days
#6 - 2014-06-12 16:47:59 UTC
Andre Vauban wrote:
Stalking Mantis wrote:

I agree with your description of the problem, but a cyno jammer is the wrong solution. CCP needs to nerf power projection, not install cyno jammers. Lowsec cyno jammers can be abused in so many ways it isn't even funny.

Nullsec jammers have already turned caps into hot-drop vending machines apart from the once-a-year-fight that happens when everyone is so bored of stalemate that common sense is left behind and fun is sought.

j/k 90% TiDi.
Maeltstome
Ten Thousand Days
#7 - 2014-06-12 16:51:14 UTC
Stalking Mantis wrote:

Jump-Bridge blockers would make more sense. Bringing capitals into losec isn't a bad thing, because there is ALWAYS people waiting to blob a capital with their own caps. But bridging an entire sub-cap fleet into losec is fairly uncounterable considering the ships coming through the bridge have already been replaced before they fire a single shot.
Estella Osoka
Cranky Bitches Who PMS
#8 - 2014-06-12 18:58:26 UTC
Maeltstome wrote:
Stalking Mantis wrote:

Jump-Bridge blockers would make more sense. Bringing capitals into losec isn't a bad thing, because there is ALWAYS people waiting to blob a capital with their own caps. But bridging an entire sub-cap fleet into losec is fairly uncounterable considering the ships coming through the bridge have already been replaced before they fire a single shot.

Fight on a PLEX gate or in a plex. Can't activate cynos there. Also, there is this cool new deployable that prevents cynos. Believe it is called a cyno inhibitor thingy.
Flyinghotpocket
Small Focused Memes
Ragequit Cancel Sub
#9 - 2014-06-12 20:01:56 UTC
Estella Osoka wrote:
Maeltstome wrote:
Stalking Mantis wrote:

Fight on a PLEX gate or in a plex. Can't activate cynos there. Also, there is this cool new deployable that prevents cynos. Believe it is called a cyno inhibitor thingy.

fighting in a plex makes zero difference. it only delays them by 2 minutes cyno offgrid and warp to plex. does nothing. so does the cyno inhibitor.

Amarr Militia Representative - A jar of nitro

David Devant
CTRL-Q
Ushra'Khan
#10 - 2014-06-13 08:50:33 UTC
Andre Vauban wrote:
Stalking Mantis wrote:

^^ This tbh.

Power projection in this game is too easy for people with the means. Increasing fuel costs and/or reducing jump range would be preferable.
Irya Boone
The Scope
#11 - 2014-06-13 10:20:48 UTC  |  Edited by: Irya Boone
I always thought as cyno module is fitted on ship Why the cyno jammer is not a module you can fit on your ship to counter the cyno?

instead you have a structure that cost a kardashian'ass , you can't deploy it near a gate or structure ... useless !!
At least increase the range .. or something !

CCP it's time to remove Off Grid Boost and Put Them on Killmail too, add Logi on killmails .... Open that damn door !!

you shall all bow and pray BoB

Templar Dane
Amarrian Vengeance
Ragequit Cancel Sub
#12 - 2014-06-13 20:29:47 UTC
Maeltstome wrote:
Templar Dane wrote:

Umm... This seems trollish. The result is that one side has capitals and the other side doesn't.

Unless you camp a system for 36 hours solid (until a POS comes out of reinforced) then you wont be able to catch a defending fleet dropping a cyno-jammer and bringing in caps to laugh off the sub-cap fleet you will be using to try and finish off the POS.

Or am i missing something?

You'd have to have the capitals pre-positioned, and it's not like you couldn't just bring in subcaps and take down the jammer. Nulsec has cyno jammers and it doesn't make a system invulnerable.

And it's not like the titan huggers couldn't adapt and use black ops......

Kalihira
Ultramar Independent Contracting
#13 - 2014-06-20 08:12:41 UTC
You are absolutely right. Currently, Its hardly doable to roam in a fleet through low in anything bigger then a cruiser. In fact, i would advocate for an outright ban on titan bridges to lowsec. nullsec power projection into low is just rediculous atm...
Dewa Pedang
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#14 - 2014-06-20 11:02:03 UTC  |  Edited by: ISD Ezwal
Why exactly should lowsec act like nullsec ?*Snip* Please refrain from personal attacks. ISD Ezwal.
Do you own sov in lowsec that im not aware off ? What exactly is your downside of putting a Cyno jammer in lowsec? I mean in null they have to OWN the system . Do you guys OWN any lowsec system and im not aware off ? Jammer is like what 2-3 bil a month if i remember correct ( might be wrong ) ? Fine , 10bil a month to keep the system cyno jammed and im fine with it . Titans cost money cyno jammers in lowsec should cost also .
Deerin
East Trading Co Ltd
#15 - 2014-06-20 11:54:44 UTC  |  Edited by: ISD Ezwal
Dewa Pedang wrote:
Why exactly should lowsec act like nullsec ?*Snip* Please refrain from personal attacks. ISD Ezwal.
Do you own sov in lowsec that im not aware off ? What exactly is your downside of putting a Cyno jammer in lowsec? I mean in null they have to OWN the system . Do you guys OWN any lowsec system and im not aware off ? Jammer is like what 2-3 bil a month if i remember correct ( might be wrong ) ? Fine , 10bil a month to keep the system cyno jammed and im fine with it . Titans cost money cyno jammers in lowsec should cost also .

There is sov in FW. It is obtained and held in a different way*Snip* Please refrain from personal attacks. ISD Ezwal. let me paste the relevant part for you: Note that it is only anchorable at I-hub uprade level 5, which requires considerable LP donation and needs to be maintained.

CYNO JAMMER

* Bought from FW LP stores as 1 BPC (total cost including manufacturing materials estimated around 100-130m ISK)
* Has only 25% hitpoints of the null-security Cyno Jammer version (thus about 4 million HPs instead of 16)
* Cyno Jammer is launched from the ship cargohold and deployed into space, requires the "config starbase equipment" role (this technically restricts all NPC militia members to launch such a structure - you have to be in an enlisted player made corporation)
* Cyno Jammer requires a spool-up time (5 or 10 minutes)
* Cyno Jammer automatically turn online once spool-up timer has passed, causing its effects to be activated for the specified amount of time
* May only be anchored when proper system upgrade has been met
* Only one Cyno Jammer may be anchored per solar system
* Cyno Jammer needs to be launched near the system Infrastructure Hub (between 5 and 10km)

Working conditions:

* An anchored Cyno Jammer automatically turns online after the spool-up period and works for 1 hour
* Deployed Cyno Jammer is automatically unanchored and destroyed if the solar system upgrade level goes below minimum requirements while it is active
* Deployed Cyno Jammer automatically unanchors and self-destructs once their lifetime has expired
* Cyno Jammers are considered as militia objects and may be shot by the opposing factions without any consequence (neutrals can shoot them but have to take a security status hit)
* Has same effect than null-security version - prevents Cynosural Fields to be created in the solar system as long as it is active

So to actually maintain a perma cyno jammer in system, one would need to pay 100-130M ISK per hour, and people that continuously anchor it. Even then it is not perma as it has a spool-up time. This would create small windows as it is not possible to have 2 jammers anchored in the same time.

Current iteration of Cyno jamming in LS is the mobile deployable cyno jammer, which actually is useful. It doesn't really lock out the system, but it still can act as a deterrent. It has a quite low HP, so it can be taken off field farily easily. I would love the deployable to be more sturdy, so that it cannot be easily alphaed off the field.
X Gallentius
Black Eagle1
#16 - 2014-06-20 14:27:30 UTC
They opted for mobile cyno jammer instead.
Princess Nexxala
Zero Syndicate
#17 - 2014-06-20 14:52:31 UTC
Flyinghotpocket
Small Focused Memes
Ragequit Cancel Sub
#18 - 2014-06-20 18:34:32 UTC
Maeltstome wrote:

brining this thread on topic.

This post has made the most sense. nerfing power projection into lowsec would be the best way to rejuvenate our warzone with cap fights between each other instead of our caps getting dunked by some scrub lord pirates.

Not to mention being able to fly around battleships without having a stop watch one your desk set to 20 seconds to let you know 'hey its time to warp off that stargate a bridge is coming in.'

Amarr Militia Representative - A jar of nitro

Andre Vauban
Federal Defense Union
Gallente Federation
#19 - 2014-06-20 18:59:16 UTC
Flyinghotpocket wrote:
Maeltstome wrote:

brining this thread on topic.

This post has made the most sense. nerfing power projection into lowsec would be the best way to rejuvenate our warzone with cap fights between each other instead of our caps getting dunked by some scrub lord pirates.

Not to mention being able to fly around battleships without having a stop watch one your desk set to 20 seconds to let you know 'hey its time to warp off that stargate a bridge is coming in.'

I kind of like this idea as well. CCP Greyscale said something like "I want to make lowsec like a back alleyway where nullsec alliances couldn't bring massive fleets to bear as they have no room to maneuver" at FanFest 2013. As long as it only impacts Titan bridges, it could work for most cases except PL dropping 100 archons.

I'm just tired of being Titan bridged from enemies who care nothing about killing me and wouldn't travel 30+ jumps to kill me if they didn't have the titan.

I still prefer the cooldown/system restricted jump idea. Before you lock onto a cyno in a system and jump to it, a special implant in your head has to study a certain area of space (could be a region or X light years from a given point in space.). This process would take serveral hours (4-6?). After it was done, you could lock onto and jump to any cyno in that area of space. Any cyno outside that area of and you couldn't lock onto the cyno and jump. This restriction would apply for both caps and subcaps being bridged ( ie each subcap pilot had to have their implant set tot he include the bridged to system). This would lock people into a fixed area of space for 4-6 hours. This way, null sec folks could still hot drop away from home, but doing so makes them less able to respond to threats at home. It also opens up some strategy to nullsec fights in that trying to lure the enemy fleet away from the true target (ie do something to make enemy caps jump outside the target area and thereby know for a fact that those same caps won't be able to get to the target system for several hours).

Capitol One
Blue Canary
Watch This
#20 - 2014-06-21 00:07:49 UTC  |  Edited by: ISD Ezwal
*Snip* Removed reply to a deleted post. ISD Ezwal.

As to the matter at hand. I think it would be very interesting if hard to balance properly, if FW could deploy system wide cyno jammers. Though tbh, mobile cyno inhibitors are pretty cool and offer lots of opportunities while not completely handicapping the boogeyman.
12Next page