These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Test Server Feedback

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

[Crius] Reprocessing feedback

First post First post
Author
AZON21AUG
State War Academy
Caldari State
#41 - 2014-06-11 11:49:39 UTC  |  Edited by: AZON21AUG
Also, I would like to suggest that Minmatar Refining Outposts get the same base rate as the intensive refining array of 54%, then give a straight 2%/upgrade for 56/58/60. Still gives the same max.
RainReaper
RRN Industries
#42 - 2014-06-11 12:46:30 UTC
hey uh on the test server i tried to reprocess a civilian miner. it worked and well it gave me 7 mechanical parts, 2 laser focusing crystals, 4 photon microprocessors and 7 electronic parts. as well as some mexalon nocxium pyerite and tritanium. i belive this is a bug?
Soldarius
Dreddit
Test Alliance Please Ignore
#43 - 2014-06-11 15:34:04 UTC  |  Edited by: Soldarius
Stupid forums.

http://youtu.be/YVkUvmDQ3HY

Soldarius
Dreddit
Test Alliance Please Ignore
#44 - 2014-06-11 15:40:17 UTC  |  Edited by: Soldarius
RainReaper wrote:
hey uh on the test server i tried to reprocess a civilian miner. it worked and well it gave me 7 mechanical parts, 2 laser focusing crystals, 4 photon microprocessors and 7 electronic parts. as well as some mexalon nocxium pyerite and tritanium. i belive this is a bug?

Now that would be funny if it made it to TQ. Who needs silly things like Neodymium, Dysprosium, or Technetium when one has an infinite free source of Civilian Miner Is at every station in the game? Capital-G. Capital-G.

edit: Derp, got distracted by the above.

The refining interface... those broken edge borders are really distracting and completely overwhelm the icons which they surround. I'm fine with colored borders. They impart information at a glance, which is good. But wow. Thick bright reddish-orange dashed borders? I'm thinking they need to be toned down a bit.

Or you could just have different sections that dynamically appear based on the outputs. Each section could have a different low-intensity background color.

I would also like to have the ability to simply remove an item from the reprocessing input window either by right-click select "Remove", or drag and drop it back where it belongs. Currently I have to close the whole thing and start over, which is extremely inconvenient if I accidentally put something in there, or just decide Nope on that one item.

http://youtu.be/YVkUvmDQ3HY

RainReaper
RRN Industries
#45 - 2014-06-11 15:46:06 UTC
Soldarius wrote:
RainReaper wrote:

Now that would be funny if it made it to TQ. Who needs silly things like Neodymium, Dysprosium, or Technetium when one has an infinite free source of Civilian Miner Is at every station in the game? Capital-G. Capital-G.

my toughts exactly lol who needs an unbroken game anyways right? lol
Jinn Aideron
#46 - 2014-06-11 16:04:11 UTC
CCP Punkturis wrote:
Jinn Aideron wrote:
  • There is no multi-selection in reprocessing window. -- You are presented with very nice visual clues, warning signs, etc. When you then want to ACT on these, you have so select,right-click,remove every single element on its own!
  • Allow us to DRAG things out of the window for 'remove', just as we now drag them in to 'add'.

When I picture this window in its finished state: awesome! Big smile Can't wait.

unfortunately dragging items out of the window and dropping them somewhere in the void doesn't work very well in EVE so we couldn't make that happen this time

multiselect is something we might look into

Hello, CCP Punkturis, o/ thanks for your time! Smile

If you need an explicit, in-window drop target for this to work, why not have one? MockupBig smile

Cheers!

Stealth deletes are bad.

Jinn Aideron
#47 - 2014-06-11 16:11:42 UTC
CCP Punkturis wrote:
Noriko Mai wrote:
worst case scenario you just close the window and open it again and don't add ALL THE ITEMS, but just the ones you're going to reprocess Blink

Solid fallback position indeed.

But in general I believe we can all agree that destroying one's reference, by closing the window with all the 'hint' icons, in order to create a sub-selection thereof, for another try, kind of goes in the face of batch processing, and brings us back to doing it little by little.
Lol

Stealth deletes are bad.

Lord Alex2
Packet Loss Ltd.
#48 - 2014-06-11 16:55:16 UTC
I get "You are not within maximum transfer distance" for Intensive Processing Arrays even though I am ~900m from it.

http://i.imgur.com/Zb1fvK1.jpg

Also I noticed that you have to be 3km from arrays in general - compare to the old way when you could access
CCP Ytterbium
C C P
C C P Alliance
#49 - 2014-06-11 17:03:39 UTC
Cristl wrote:
I've asked this before, but I'd love an official response (and if there's a time to ask, it's now).

Almost all industrial processes in Eve require time: whether it be researching, copying, mining or building, your character has to wait it out. However, you can smelt millions of tons of ore instantly.

Isn't that both counter-intuitive and somewhat counter to general Eve principles? Most stuff is designed to take time and be faster with more corpmates involved. But the refining requirements of an entire alliance can be done by a single character.

It's weird. Let me just say that I don't want to arbitrarily increase anyone's grind, but assigning skills to tasks with instant duration is bad game design. It allows single alts to do the work of nations, and means that newbies with mediocre refining skills cannot market those skills.

Obviously refining could be set up and left while you did other things or logged off. Also, aspects such as mining, manufacturing or copying could be sped up to compensate – there's no need for the overall time to market for goods to increase.

If refining took time, there would be a refining mini-profession: more people would need to chip-in in larger corporations, and newbies with fair-to-middling refining skills could still be of use. Imagine if they could accept refining contracts from industrial big-shots and make a little extra cash while they run their level two missions. It's an MMO remember: the more interaction the better.

And if POSes then needed an extra buff to refining (over the proposed buff in Crius), who would object?

ps. If they want to combine refining and reprocessing into one word, then smelting would make more sense than reprocessing.

We have seen your post on the General Discussion forums before.

We considered having Reprocessing take time early on the Industry overhaul process, but we quickly dropped that idea. Mainly because this activity isn't just something that only is used by Industrialist people. It's also used by players that want to quickly reprocess loot, or quickly get rid of hangar items.
CCP Ytterbium
C C P
C C P Alliance
#50 - 2014-06-11 17:06:03 UTC
Rowells wrote:
were all stations supposed to recieve reproccessing arrays or was I mistaken?

No, we're not changing the availability of the different Industry service - we are just removing manufacturing / science slots.
CCP Ytterbium
C C P
C C P Alliance
#51 - 2014-06-11 17:06:52 UTC
Steve Ronuken wrote:
Just tried reprocessing a couple of things in station.

I'm seeing a consistant set of multipliers, but an inconsistant percentage return.

Equipment array is showing 56%
Fuel blocks are showing 49%

(scrap metal reprocessing 2 1.1 multiplier shown., no standings in station 0.95 multiplier)

(just an edit to be clear: I've stuck in a bug report)

Thanks, will have a look.
CCP Ytterbium
C C P
C C P Alliance
#52 - 2014-06-11 17:08:33 UTC
RainReaper wrote:

Oh yes it is.
Callic Veratar
#53 - 2014-06-11 18:10:15 UTC
CCP Ytterbium wrote:
Cristl wrote:
I've asked this before, but I'd love an official response (and if there's a time to ask, it's now).

Almost all industrial processes in Eve require time: whether it be researching, copying, mining or building, your character has to wait it out. However, you can smelt millions of tons of ore instantly.

Isn't that both counter-intuitive and somewhat counter to general Eve principles? Most stuff is designed to take time and be faster with more corpmates involved. But the refining requirements of an entire alliance can be done by a single character.

It's weird. Let me just say that I don't want to arbitrarily increase anyone's grind, but assigning skills to tasks with instant duration is bad game design. It allows single alts to do the work of nations, and means that newbies with mediocre refining skills cannot market those skills.

Obviously refining could be set up and left while you did other things or logged off. Also, aspects such as mining, manufacturing or copying could be sped up to compensate – there's no need for the overall time to market for goods to increase.

If refining took time, there would be a refining mini-profession: more people would need to chip-in in larger corporations, and newbies with fair-to-middling refining skills could still be of use. Imagine if they could accept refining contracts from industrial big-shots and make a little extra cash while they run their level two missions. It's an MMO remember: the more interaction the better.

And if POSes then needed an extra buff to refining (over the proposed buff in Crius), who would object?

ps. If they want to combine refining and reprocessing into one word, then smelting would make more sense than reprocessing.

We considered having Reprocessing take time early on the Industry overhaul process, but we quickly dropped that idea. Mainly because this activity isn't just something that only is used by Industrialist people. It's also used by players that want to quickly reprocess loot, or quickly get rid of hangar items.

That feels like a pretty weak argument to not have it take time. It sounds to me like it's the precise reason why it should take time. Someone who's not into industry can reprocess but it'll be slow and inefficient much in the same way that if they want to build something or transport large quantities of goods the same thing will happen.

There's already refining arrays in stations, refining could be added to the science window as a new job. Select everything you want to refine, install refining job. The stuff disappears from your inventory and (volume / speed)s later, it's done and ready to dump back out.

Everyone can have one reprocess job at a time that runs somewhere around 1000m3/s. Add in a couple skills that let you parallelize 6 reprocessing jobs at 1500m3/s. Anyone can still refine, but you need to train to do it efficiently.

This will put an even harder cap on gun-mining (which is mostly dead now) and hopefully the personal desire to remove all modules from NPC wrecks, including faction and officer stuff.
Bridgette d'Iberville
Better Killing Through Chemistry
#54 - 2014-06-11 18:21:15 UTC
Callic Veratar wrote:
Reprocessing Taking Time Argument.

I'm actually a fan of reprocessing taking time, but I tend to prefer the facilitation of specialized professions over every capsuleer being able to do just about anything. With that said, I think you need to jettison the realism argument. You can dock a battleship in a station and undock in a matter of seconds. Additionally, in a matter of a few seconds you can strip it of massive armor plates and replace the internal structure with lightweight materials. Surely that process should take more time than a few seconds, right?

"I considered a career in griefing, but then realized that I would never achieve the level of tear generation that CCP manages to do each and every expansion."

mynnna
State War Academy
Caldari State
#55 - 2014-06-11 18:54:53 UTC
Callic Veratar wrote:
CCP Ytterbium wrote:
Cristl wrote:

That feels like a pretty weak argument to not have it take time. It sounds to me like it's the precise reason why it should take time. Someone who's not into industry can reprocess but it'll be slow and inefficient much in the same way that if they want to build something or transport large quantities of goods the same thing will happen.

There's already refining arrays in stations, refining could be added to the science window as a new job. Select everything you want to refine, install refining job. The stuff disappears from your inventory and (volume / speed)s later, it's done and ready to dump back out.

Everyone can have one reprocess job at a time that runs somewhere around 1000m3/s. Add in a couple skills that let you parallelize 6 reprocessing jobs at 1500m3/s. Anyone can still refine, but you need to train to do it efficiently.

This will put an even harder cap on gun-mining (which is mostly dead now) and hopefully the personal desire to remove all modules from NPC wrecks, including faction and officer stuff.

I see a LOT of words here, and none of them are doing anything to explain how this would produce interesting gameplay.

Member of the Goonswarm Economic Warfare Cabal

Destitute Tehol Beddict
Binary Trading
#56 - 2014-06-11 19:07:26 UTC  |  Edited by: Destitute Tehol Beddict
I tried the new interface out and right now my biggest complaint is that the reprocessing window takes a long time to pop after selecting my inventory and pressing reprocess.

Have about 324 items and it takes roughly 30-40 seconds for the reprocessing window to load... dragging and dropping produces similar results

Loot Buying service: https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=4529397#post4529397

Xercodo
Cruor Angelicus
#57 - 2014-06-11 19:16:52 UTC
I might be mistaken, but the 10 second working time of the arrays isn't being used at all and is running instant as far as I can tell

The Drake is a Lie

Callic Veratar
#58 - 2014-06-11 19:30:43 UTC
mynnna wrote:
I see a LOT of words here, and none of them are doing anything to explain how this would produce interesting gameplay.

Interesting gameplay is highly subjective. If the mechanics are changed from something simple like press button get minerals to an involved process (at least slightly involved as too much gets bad fast). It changes the mining from mine ore-refine-sell minerals to mine ore-sell ore/buy ore-refine-sell minerals.

It's the same reason to get rid of OGB, it's a thing that's there that nobody needs to really thing about beyond having a single alt around to take care of it. My off the cuff solution might not be interesting or compelling, but it's not meant to be the end of the discussion, only a beginning (though it seems like it's already closed from the dev's view).

Further on my suggestion, if volume is used as the factor for reprocessing, it increases the value of compression and creates diversity in what, now, is a very flat market.
The Ironfist
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#59 - 2014-06-11 21:08:16 UTC
Callic Veratar wrote:
mynnna wrote:

Interesting gameplay is highly subjective. If the mechanics are changed from something simple like press button get minerals to an involved process (at least slightly involved as too much gets bad fast). It changes the mining from mine ore-refine-sell minerals to mine ore-sell ore/buy ore-refine-sell minerals.

It's the same reason to get rid of OGB, it's a thing that's there that nobody needs to really thing about beyond having a single alt around to take care of it. My off the cuff solution might not be interesting or compelling, but it's not meant to be the end of the discussion, only a beginning (though it seems like it's already closed from the dev's view).

Further on my suggestion, if volume is used as the factor for reprocessing, it increases the value of compression and creates diversity in what, now, is a very flat market.

I don't think your idea for new game-play has value. Why? Because right now everyone big into industry whatever its in highsec building battleship hulls or in lowsec building caps or nullsec building titans already has a reprocessing / refining alt. Given that especially capital and supercapital building requires you to have a least 10 capital building alts there is no way people will enlist others to refine their stuff for them. Because its simply an unnecessary risk. Instead we will all simply apply plex for extra training slots to our accounts and train our production/capital production alts for perfect refining as well.

You suggestion raises the already pretty high bar for high profit industry activities such as capital building.

Also for your comments on compression after the industry changes go live compression WILL have value there is no need to try and add more to it. Because for capital building in low and supercapital building in null you will NEED compression and one hell of a lot of ORE will go there..
CCP Punkturis
C C P
C C P Alliance
#60 - 2014-06-11 21:46:46 UTC
Jinn Aideron wrote:
CCP Punkturis wrote:
Jinn Aideron wrote:
  • There is no multi-selection in reprocessing window. -- You are presented with very nice visual clues, warning signs, etc. When you then want to ACT on these, you have so select,right-click,remove every single element on its own!
  • Allow us to DRAG things out of the window for 'remove', just as we now drag them in to 'add'.

When I picture this window in its finished state: awesome! Big smile Can't wait.

unfortunately dragging items out of the window and dropping them somewhere in the void doesn't work very well in EVE so we couldn't make that happen this time

multiselect is something we might look into

Hello, CCP Punkturis, o/ thanks for your time! Smile

If you need an explicit, in-window drop target for this to work, why not have one? MockupBig smile

Cheers!

why had implemented something similar to this (except cooler, sorry!) but then figured out it wasn't consistent with anything else in EVE so right click (yay) has to do for now Cry

♥ EVE Brogrammer ♥ Team Five 0 ♥ @CCP_Punkturis