These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Out of Pod Experience

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Rate the Avatar above you

First post First post First post First post
Author
welki zynkov
Wolves in the WebWay
#12481 - 2014-06-05 19:32:55 UTC
You look terrible.

Redeeming factor: you really look like a Radioactive Lobster.

6/10 up from a 1/10.
Uriel Paradisi Anteovnuecci
Itsukame-Zainou Hyperspatial Inquiries Ltd.
Arataka Research Consortium
#12482 - 2014-06-05 20:19:25 UTC
A little bland, but overall good concept- matching colors (well maybe a different background) and a good face- change the pose up a bit and give it a better angle, maybe.

7/10
Matilda Cecilia Fock
Pator Tech School
Minmatar Republic
#12483 - 2014-06-06 13:34:07 UTC
Looks totally surprised that he can see again after removing a second monocle from his left eye. Funny and quite unique, will say 8/10.

Q: Should we be worried? A: Nope. (...) Worry a lot if Fozzie, Masterplan, Rise, Veritas, Bettik, Ytterbium, Scarpia, Arrow, or even Greyscale leaves. Worry a little if Punkturis, karkur, SoniClover, Affinity, Goliath, or Xhagen leaves.

DremDorun
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#12484 - 2014-06-06 18:46:42 UTC
@Matilda Cecilia Fock

I can only disapprove of the lipstick color, but the other one would make it boring.

9/10
No-Destination
A Corporation of Carrier Pilots and Logi Alts
#12485 - 2014-06-06 21:27:42 UTC
8/10
Thetabetalpha
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#12486 - 2014-06-07 01:03:01 UTC
@No-Destination

Palpatine, is that you?

10/10 scare factor
Matilda Cecilia Fock
Pator Tech School
Minmatar Republic
#12487 - 2014-06-07 06:41:57 UTC  |  Edited by: Matilda Cecilia Fock
The woman who stared at nebulas was upset that a petty nebula still dared to shine on her face. She was so serious about it that several goats fainted across the station. 8/10 spooky factor.

Q: Should we be worried? A: Nope. (...) Worry a lot if Fozzie, Masterplan, Rise, Veritas, Bettik, Ytterbium, Scarpia, Arrow, or even Greyscale leaves. Worry a little if Punkturis, karkur, SoniClover, Affinity, Goliath, or Xhagen leaves.

Jandice Ymladris
Aurora Arcology
#12488 - 2014-06-07 07:34:10 UTC
Matilda: You got a very casual look going, as if you plan to go to a beach festival, instead of operating a multi-million isk ship.

The lipstick sticks out, but it does give you character. 8/10

Providing a new home for refugees in the Aurora Arcology

Eurydia Vespasian
Storm Hunters
#12489 - 2014-06-07 14:41:30 UTC
jandice: not sure if i've rated you before. but i'll do it again, just in case lol. simple and understated avatar. i like it. dig the freckles and irish look. background is a bit generic but i'm not super picky about things like that.

8/10
Altrue
Exploration Frontier inc
Tactical-Retreat
#12490 - 2014-06-07 20:27:28 UTC
Eurydia: Nice new portrait :)
8,5/10

Signature Tanking Best Tanking

[Ex-F] CEO - Eve-guides.fr

Ultimate Citadel Guide - 2016 EVE Career Chart

Cecilia Matilda Fock
The I and F Taxation Trust
#12491 - 2014-06-09 08:36:07 UTC
A soul so dark, that even under the light she's dark. Quite menacing and self confident. Will say 8.5/10 for simplicité efficace.
Ila Gant
Hedion University
Amarr Empire
#12492 - 2014-06-11 10:51:28 UTC
[Cecilia Matilda Fock] Consistent composition, interesting face. 8
Marcus Gord
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#12493 - 2014-06-11 11:47:10 UTC
Ila Gant, i can only give you an 8, for the twins and white shirt.

close up on the face makes her look kinda sad, too.

In a few moments you will have an experience that will seem completely real. It will be the result of your subconscious fears transformed to your conscious awareness.

http://i.imgur.com/LM2NKUf.png

Riyria Twinpeaks
Perkone
Caldari State
#12494 - 2014-06-11 12:48:54 UTC
@Marcus Gord:
So serious!

Your head looks a little small xD
I also don't think the cropping, with the top of the head just about touching the border of the picture, isn't that great.

Aside from that I really like it. The sculpting and expression, even the pose. Lighting and background go well together, there's good contrast, and so on.
4/5
Kijo Rikki
Killboard Padding Services
#12495 - 2014-06-11 16:05:10 UTC
The skin tone and hair color tells me Irish, but the facial features tell me Asian. What is this sorcery?!?!!!

9/10

You make a valid point, good Sir or Madam. 

Cecilia Matilda Fock
The I and F Taxation Trust
#12496 - 2014-06-11 20:38:44 UTC  |  Edited by: Cecilia Matilda Fock
The coat tells me "capsuleer", the background tells me "in flames", the expression tells me "poor acting". So I will say it's Bruce Willis about to say "Yippee ki-yay, mean person who haves sex with his own mother!" after someone pushed him at the coupons queue. Oh, and scores 122 mandarins out of 150 lemons.
Dani Dusette
Division 13
#12497 - 2014-06-17 02:43:05 UTC
How in heck did this thread almost hit page 3? Shocked

*fixes*

@ Cecilia Matilda Fock - Gorgeous avatar. I love the lighting, it gives a real silky texture to your skin tone. Freckles are a great touch and the framing is good. Nice simple outfit does the job well.

Only critique would be that she's not looking at the viewer directly, or off to one side specifically, but almost appears to be looking at something on the tip of her nose. Is she was my doll I'd have her look at the viewer and would maybe straighten the head to sit nice and even. Smile

Overall a very solid 8/10 ! Big smile

dαní ㅤㅤ

σиlу ιи dαякиєѕѕ cαи уσυ ѕєє тнє ѕтαяѕ

ISD Ezwal: "Might I inform you that I am as real as it gets?"

Sibyyl
Garoun Investment Bank
Gallente Federation
#12498 - 2014-06-17 03:13:55 UTC  |  Edited by: Sibyyl
o_O She looks a bit suspicious, and not the completely-sure-of-herself-as-a-cheetah-eyeing-an-impala kind of swank you had for your previous avatar. I'm not sure I like this iteration to be honest.. though obviously you have a lot better grasp of color and framing and other artistic concepts I'm clueless about Blink

7/10

Edit: We do seem to have almost identical somewhat similar taste in piercings and such.

Edit #2: Whoa. I got confused. I thought you were Erica. I.. thought.. Dani had the cheeky smiling one? I really liked that one. My rating still stands. No take backsies. P

Joffy Aulx-Gao for CSM. Fix links and OGB. Ban stabs from plexes. Fulfill karmic justice.

Candi LeMew
Division 13
#12499 - 2014-06-17 03:28:54 UTC
Sibyyl wrote:
o_O She looks a bit suspicious, and not the completely-sure-of-herself-as-a-cheetah-eyeing-an-impala kind of swank you had for your previous avatar. I'm not sure I like this iteration to be honest.. though obviously you have a lot better grasp of color and framing and other artistic concepts I'm clueless about Blink

7/10

Edit: We do seem to have almost identical somewhat similar taste in piercings and such.

Poor Dani, GET REKT! Lol

But yep, you're description has kinda nailed the feel I was going for. Sultry Dani was sultry but ... that just wasn't Dani. Straight And it looked really odd in small icon version ingame and places like killmails. I just couldn't take it anymore!

Hmm, is funny you say that you feel you're clueless about colour/framing and such as you seem to have nailed those facets of your portrait perfectly. Smile In fact they're probably it's main redeeming features as I don't find the character herself pleasing to the eye at all. Your first and early iterations were the best!

It's a tough one, but I'mma say 5/10

🍌

Remember... in Anoikis Bob Is Always Watching...

"I been kicked out of better homes than this" - Rick James

Jonny D Adtur
always faithfull
#12500 - 2014-06-17 03:31:56 UTC
Candi LeMew wrote:
Sibyyl wrote:

7/10

Poor Dani, GET REKT! Lol

But yep, you're description has kinda nailed the feel I was going for. Sultry Dani was sultry but ... that just wasn't Dani. Straight And it looked really odd in small icon version ingame and places like killmails. I just couldn't take it anymore!

Hmm, is funny you say that you feel you're clueless about colour/framing and such as you seem to have nailed those facets of your portrait perfectly. Smile In fact they're probably it's main redeeming features as I don't find the character herself pleasing to the eye at all. Your first and early iterations were the best!

It's a tough one, but I'mma say 5/10

You are waaaay too skinny. If we were at my mother's she should force food down your throat till you gained some weight.

In saying that, I am giving you half a point as you show side boob... even though it is small

5.5/10 Would Friendzone.

Dustbunny, Legionhare, Miner.