These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE Technology Lab

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Transparent IGB Background

Author
Mouth Trumpet Cavalry
#1 - 2014-06-10 20:29:40 UTC
Been searching with google and forums but can't seem to find anything except something for 2010. Not sure if that was after new IGB was implemented but that thread said it wasn't possible.

Is it possible with the IGB to run a transparent background so that when its pinned you can see space behind the browser? Would like to build a diablo-like floating map.
Gallente Federation
#2 - 2014-06-11 05:18:30 UTC
Aquila Sagitta wrote:
Been searching with google and forums but can't seem to find anything except something for 2010. Not sure if that was after new IGB was implemented but that thread said it wasn't possible.

Is it possible with the IGB to run a transparent background so that when its pinned you can see space behind the browser? Would like to build a diablo-like floating map.

IGB is "very-very bad thing", CCP as usual don't care about it. So do not rely on it. Do site for FF, Chrome etc. browsers and don't think about it at all.

BTW, it's simple, use transparent png file as everybody were using in IE6. ;)
Mouth Trumpet Cavalry
#3 - 2014-06-11 05:41:10 UTC
By transparent background I mean that if you were to make the IGB the size of your screen and then load a blank page you would be able to see your ship and hud through it. Not just see a blank white background of the browser.
Gallente Federation
#4 - 2014-06-11 06:00:01 UTC
Aquila Sagitta wrote:
By transparent background I mean that if you were to make the IGB the size of your screen and then load a blank page you would be able to see your ship and hud through it. Not just see a blank white background of the browser.

You must be kidding....

"Also I want a pony... Really! Please!"....

No way man. It's a browser, not a "super in-game web browser". There are more problems with design, CCP better fix that!
Mouth Trumpet Cavalry
#5 - 2014-06-11 06:50:30 UTC
Was hoping someone maybe had a cool hack or something to make it work but I guess not... diablo map for wh's woulda been sweet Cry