These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Test Server Feedback

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

[Crius] Little things from Team Super Friends

First post First post
Author
#61 - 2014-06-10 18:29:31 UTC  |  Edited by: Hans Tesla
I think rigs should stay separate and be unable to be fitted w/o appropriate skills. They're supposed to be different than modules, but have lost a lot of flavor over the years and now feel like modules with annoying penalties (removing destroys + penalties). It also seems like the simplest fix rather than creating all new rules for rigs.

Alternately... maybe the penalty that is applied should be based on the skill of the rig fitter rather than the skills of the ship pilot. It kind of makes more sense that way in any event. I could see this causing a lot of tears though for people who aren't interested in training those skills. But it would be kind of nice and add an extra level to the economy. Hell, you could even incorporate the manufacturing teams into that deal and riggers could bid on tuner teams to help them, reducing the penalty even further.

Head Rigger In Charge

Goonswarm Federation
#62 - 2014-06-10 18:37:39 UTC
Could you also make it possible for us to get into a ship without having the required skills (and simply not be able to undock it or whatever), or possibly just apply fittings to assembled ships without having them be the active vessel? As a contract importer, needing to be able to get into a wide variety of T2 hulls that I may not have any intent of ever flying is a daunting barrier and has the potential to involve training a lot of skills that I won't properly use.

Selling IKEA ships with all the fittings in the cargo hold is tedious for both the seller and the buyer.
Caldari State
#63 - 2014-06-10 18:54:34 UTC
For the warping thingie:

Does it only stop fleet warps or will it stop squad warps too? I.E. can it be made so that a character can avoid fleet warps but still be able to take warps activated by a squad commander.
Caldari State
#64 - 2014-06-10 19:02:05 UTC
What about increasing the penalties of fitting rigs AND increasing the mitigation that the skills provide. If you meet the skill requirements the net penalty should be the same, but if you don't then the penalty is much greater than it is now.

(T2 ECM rigs on a Falcon with level 0 skill = didn't want those shields anyway)

The theory behind this entire change seems to be making things convenient for people fitting multiple ships for other people. They won't necessarily be flying those ships, the recipients will. It could be assumed that the recipients have the proper skills to mitigate the penalties from the rigs and should therefore see no difference, right? :)

You wouldn't have to treat rigs differently, and the ability to fit them below the "recommended" (no longer "required") skill level would re-introduce some thoughtful consideration.


IMO, the +PG and +CPU rigs probably should be penalty-free, since it's already a penalty of sorts to fit them instead of other more "fun" rigs.

Longer-term, other penalties could even be investigated. For example, going back to the ECM rigs, the shield penalty is inconsequential since ECM boats are usually armour tanked anyway. You could make it a sensor strength penalty instead.


Also, not related to PvP so much, but rig skills at level 4 are required to work with Capital rig blueprints.
Ivy League
#65 - 2014-06-10 19:07:33 UTC
Melana Emmagan wrote:
Love the changes, going to test them later :)

Would it be possible to expand the fitting system to automatically fit a specified number of ships? That would be the most awesome thing ever.


This. Do this to get wild, hot love.
#66 - 2014-06-10 19:24:44 UTC  |  Edited by: Dave Stark
to make jury rigging useful, give it a %/level chance to successfully remove a rig rather than destroying it.

%/level up for debate, just thought i'd throw the basic idea out there. i like 20%, that's guaranteed rig removal at V. however, might be a bit overkill.
Grumpy Space Bastards
#67 - 2014-06-10 19:39:12 UTC
Voyager Arran wrote:
Could you also make it possible for us to get into a ship without having the required skills (and simply not be able to undock it or whatever), or possibly just apply fittings to assembled ships without having them be the active vessel? As a contract importer, needing to be able to get into a wide variety of T2 hulls that I may not have any intent of ever flying is a daunting barrier and has the potential to involve training a lot of skills that I won't properly use.

Selling IKEA ships with all the fittings in the cargo hold is tedious for both the seller and the buyer.


It'd definitely be nice.

Just code the game to give you a 99% penalty to grid/cpu/armor/hull/shield/cap/capregen if you lack the prerequisite skill, and I'd expect most exploits would be solved.

If someone wants to undock in a 1000 ehp Avatar with all their modules offline, I say let 'em.

--gos
#68 - 2014-06-10 19:41:44 UTC
Gospadin wrote:
Just code the game to give you a 99% penalty to grid/cpu/armor/hull/shield/cap/capregen if you lack the prerequisite skill, and I'd expect most exploits would be solved.

Or just port over the code that doesn't allow you to undock if you have an illegally fitted ship (due to changes in slot layouts due to balancing).

"I considered a career in griefing, but then realized that I would never achieve the level of tear generation that CCP manages to do each and every expansion."

Goonswarm Federation
#69 - 2014-06-10 20:40:17 UTC
Renaming ships has been something that pops up among our mentors fairly regularly, would some sort of auto renaming of the fit ships to whatever the saved fitting is called be possible or how about a way to mass rename ships? Having to manually rename several hundred ships after fitting them is just horribly painful. Snuggles went on a fitting binge and fit 700-800 of the rifters in our recent thunder dome and regretted that they were all default named.
#70 - 2014-06-10 21:19:25 UTC
Fleet warp flag gets reset every time you leave fleet right?

It would be annoying if it saved.

Preventing all those fleet invite kills :<

EvE-Mail me if you need anything.

Gallente Federation
#71 - 2014-06-10 21:22:47 UTC
CCP Punkturis wrote:
CoolFlag exempt from fleet warp Cool
Good for scouts and people in Titans (I guess).. you can now flag yourself exempt from fleet warp. Nice little icon is added next to your name, so the rest of the people in fleet know why you don't follow into fleet warp. If you change your mind, you can switch back to the default setting of following to fleet warp.

Awesome! Was just thinking today about placing a request for this. Could you also have it apply to regroup commands? Or add another switch with that function? Almost nothing worse then losing point (or a kill) in an interceptor because the main fleet is regrouping, well except dying because of a regroup would be worse I guess.
C C P Alliance
#72 - 2014-06-10 21:34:08 UTC
CarbonFury wrote:
For the warping thingie:

Does it only stop fleet warps or will it stop squad warps too? I.E. can it be made so that a character can avoid fleet warps but still be able to take warps activated by a squad commander.


no, it stops squad warps too

♥ EVE Brogrammer ♥ Team Five 0 ♥ @CCP_Punkturis

C C P Alliance
#73 - 2014-06-10 21:34:49 UTC
Arya Regnar wrote:
Fleet warp flag gets reset every time you leave fleet right?

It would be annoying if it saved.

Preventing all those fleet invite kills :<


yeah it resets every time. and the default is that you take fleet warp (of course) Cool

♥ EVE Brogrammer ♥ Team Five 0 ♥ @CCP_Punkturis

#74 - 2014-06-10 21:36:15 UTC  |  Edited by: Lassie Tivianne
Wilhelm Ormand wrote:
CCP Punkturis wrote:
CoolFlag exempt from fleet warp Cool
Good for scouts and people in Titans (I guess).. you can now flag yourself exempt from fleet warp. Nice little icon is added next to your name, so the rest of the people in fleet know why you don't follow into fleet warp. If you change your mind, you can switch back to the default setting of following to fleet warp.

Awesome! Was just thinking today about placing a request for this. Could you also have it apply to regroup commands? Or add another switch with that function? Almost nothing worse then losing point (or a kill) in an interceptor because the main fleet is regrouping, well except dying because of a regroup would be worse I guess.

I was just going to ask about this, I've ended up in a lot of bad situations because of the regroup command. Would be a really nice addition to these already great changes.
Spectre Fleet Alliance
#75 - 2014-06-10 22:03:04 UTC
Wilhelm Ormand wrote:
CCP Punkturis wrote:
CoolFlag exempt from fleet warp Cool
Good for scouts and people in Titans (I guess).. you can now flag yourself exempt from fleet warp. Nice little icon is added next to your name, so the rest of the people in fleet know why you don't follow into fleet warp. If you change your mind, you can switch back to the default setting of following to fleet warp.

Awesome! Was just thinking today about placing a request for this. Could you also have it apply to regroup commands? Or add another switch with that function? Almost nothing worse then losing point (or a kill) in an interceptor because the main fleet is regrouping, well except dying because of a regroup would be worse I guess.



This is a good suggestion.

I love the hell out of regroup but occasionally I hit it and it messes up something a fleet mate was doing just off the fleet that could well cost us a tackle or similar. Letting on grid skirmishers turn it off would be a huge boon.
Badfellas Inc.
#76 - 2014-06-10 22:17:48 UTC
Masao Kurata wrote:

The Jury Rigging skill itself needs looking at though, as stated the rigs it unlocks don't... actually have drawbacks. Perhaps just nuke the skill and let people train all the specific rigging skills without any prereqs.


Jury rigging is also used in production
Triumvirate.
#77 - 2014-06-10 22:34:58 UTC
Ah, you're right. I missed that due to it not being shown anywhere on the skill in game.

Still, I think this would essentially amount to jury rigging changing from a rigging skill to a production one
Affirmative.
#78 - 2014-06-10 23:26:59 UTC
CCP Punkturis wrote:

CoolFlag exempt from fleet warp Cool
Good for scouts and people in Titans (I guess).. you can now flag yourself exempt from fleet warp. Nice little icon is added next to your name, so the rest of the people in fleet know why you don't follow into fleet warp. If you change your mind, you can switch back to the default setting of following to fleet warp.


CoolFit modules without the required skillCool
Good for those massfitting ships for other people. You can now fit modules without having the required skills but you cannot online them. When you undock in a ship with modules you don't have skills for, you will get a warning (suppressible) saying that you can't online some of your modules because of lacking skills.


I worship the sky you fly in!

Is it possible to make it so ships are auto-renamed when you fit them from a saved fitting? That is, click "fit all" and it also renames it the name of the saved fitting?

What you do for yourself dies with you, what you do for others is immortal.

Free weekly public roams & monthly NewBro new player roams!

Visit Redemption Road or join mailing list REDEMPTION ROAMS for information

#79 - 2014-06-10 23:56:19 UTC
Oh, but bless you Icelandic Space Obama. Bless each and every one of your souls. Is there any kind of tip jar for wonderful devs?
Gallente Federation
#80 - 2014-06-11 00:36:08 UTC
Exempt from fleet warp is a god send. Thankyou.


If you guys are taking suggestions, could you make it so I can see my drone's health bars when they are in my drone bay? That way I know which of my drones need repairs without needing to be docked.
Forum Jump