These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

A question related to the indy side of Kronos

First post
Author
Pine Marten
Doomheim
#1 - 2014-06-10 08:25:00 UTC
Am I right to assume that the indy side of kronos will be added to the first 6 week patch?

OR

Will the first 6 week patch be the indy side of kronos?

They already had the indy side made but just some tweaking was needed was my understanding?

They have consistently said that the layoffs would not be a factor in EvE development so I would expect to see the first 6 week patch and its contents on time in addition to the indy side of kronos.

I know they have said 6-8 weeks but would they honestly go 8 weeks on the first 6-8 week patch? I hope not.
Scipio Artelius
The Vendunari
End of Life
#2 - 2014-06-10 08:32:46 UTC  |  Edited by: Scipio Artelius
The devblog explains it all.

Industry changes moved to the Crius release because of reasons.

Edit: Specifically this one

http://community.eveonline.com/news/dev-blogs/delivering-the-industry-new-eden-deserves/
Pine Marten
Doomheim
#3 - 2014-06-10 11:41:13 UTC
So them not being able to get the industry side of Kronos ready in 6 months has pushed back the patches that were starting the 6 week patch cycle, back another slot? So patch 1 is now patch 2 and Indy Kronos is patch 1?
Ramona McCandless
The McCandless Clan
#4 - 2014-06-10 11:43:09 UTC
Yay this thread again!

Everybody's glad
Because our silent fear and dread is gone
Freedom, you see, has got our hearts singing so joyfully
Just look about
You owe it to yourself to check it out
Can't you feel a brand new day?

"Yea, some dude came in and was normal for first couple months, so I gave him director." - Sean Dunaway

"A singular character could be hired to penetrate another corps space... using gorilla like tactics..." - Chane Morgann

Jadecougar
Surreptitious Technologies
#5 - 2014-06-10 12:24:04 UTC
Pine Marten wrote:
So them not being able to get the industry side of Kronos ready in 6 months has pushed back the patches that were starting the 6 week patch cycle, back another slot? So patch 1 is now patch 2 and Indy Kronos is patch 1?

Dude, there's no 'Indy Kronos'

Kronos is simply one of the ten names used for the ten 'releases' CCP are concentrating on delivering during a given year term. Much of the 'indy side of things' have been pushed back from Kronos to Crius (the second release) which is scheduled for July 22nd.

This new release cycle is MUCH more flexible for CCP and will allow them to complete the smaller deliverables more quickly whilst allowing them to work longer on the larger, more challenging deliverables to ensure that they are actually working as it's supposed to, rather than merely getting it done (sloppily) by a given expansion date, leaving a mess to contend with for the next expansion. This way is a bit more challenging for us, the players but in the long run it should prove to be more beneficial for us since the end results 'should be' better quality outputs of actual desired features and functionalities.

TL;DR -- Be patient mate. It's coming. Blink
Dominus Tempus
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#6 - 2014-06-10 13:04:57 UTC
So you can post on the forums, but you can't check the news page, dev blogs, read the pinned articles on the launcher when they're relevant, or even use the search feature?

I usually don't post like this, but this is ridiculous. This thread has been remade close to a hundred times since Tuesday because people refuse to put even the smallest amount of effort into finding information.
Wendrika
Doomheim
#7 - 2014-06-10 13:09:41 UTC
Five more weeks for the Industry patch. Can't wait! It is going to be like, the best thing in the history of ever!
Derath Ellecon
Washburne Holdings
#8 - 2014-06-10 13:34:10 UTC
Pine Marten wrote:
So them delaying the industry side of Kronos due to huge amounts of player feedback (since they are actually listening to their playerbase more these days) pushed back the patches that were starting the 6 week patch cycle, back another slot? So patch 1 is now patch 2 and Indy Kronos is patch 1?

FTFY
CCP Goliath
C C P
C C P Alliance
#9 - 2014-06-10 13:43:50 UTC
The changes are on Singularity now, if you care to try them out and give us some feedback? Big smile

https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=350241&find=unread for details

CCP Goliath | QA Director | EVE Illuminati | @CCP_Goliath

De'Veldrin
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#10 - 2014-06-10 13:45:47 UTC
Dominus Tempus wrote:
So you can post on the forums, but you can't check the news page, dev blogs, read the pinned articles on the launcher when they're relevant, or even use the search feature?

I usually don't post like this, but this is ridiculous. This thread has been remade close to a hundred times since Tuesday because people refuse to put even the smallest amount of effort into finding information.

Grr People.

Join the Misantropes club. We have t-shirts but we don't have meetings because...well, Grr People.

De'Veldrin's Corollary (to Malcanis' Law): Any idea that seeks to limit the ability of a large nullsec bloc to do something in the name of allowing more small groups into sov null will inevitably make it that much harder for small groups to enter sov null.

MailDeadDrop
Archon Industries
#11 - 2014-06-10 15:11:18 UTC
De'Veldrin wrote:
Dominus Tempus wrote:

Grr People.

Join the Misantropes club. We have t-shirts but we don't have meetings because...well, Grr People.

I "liked" this post, then had to retract it because you can't spell "misanthropes." Such a shame, really.

MDD
Kusum Fawn
Perkone
Caldari State
#12 - 2014-06-10 21:05:42 UTC
I love all the posts here with not one actually answering the OP. keep at it.

Its not possible to please all the people all the time, but it sure as hell is possible to Displease all the people, most of the time.

Adunh Slavy
#13 - 2014-06-10 22:14:04 UTC  |  Edited by: Adunh Slavy
Taking a look at the new indy interface on Sisi ... good damn job ccp. Looks nice, flows well, easy to use. I might start building stuff again.

One thing though I'd like to see, is a break down of the job cost. :)

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.  - William Pitt

Scarlett LaBlanc
Midnight Savran Industries
#14 - 2014-06-10 22:24:16 UTC
Kusum Fawn wrote:

Why should we put out more effort than the OP did?

I'm normally Ms. Helpful around here, but geez....

I opened up a google tab and searched "indusrty content in Kronos". Eight out of ten hits on the first page of results had his answer. Two even gave the date of cirus in the summary, no clicking required!

I'll bend over backward to help someone who can't find info they need. Starting a thread without even attempting, you deserve to get trolled and flamed.
Ramona McCandless
The McCandless Clan
#15 - 2014-06-10 22:27:53 UTC
Kusum Fawn wrote:

Its a repeated, redundant thread that has also be answered further by a Dev

What should we be doing?

"Yea, some dude came in and was normal for first couple months, so I gave him director." - Sean Dunaway

"A singular character could be hired to penetrate another corps space... using gorilla like tactics..." - Chane Morgann

Lugia3
Lazerhawks
L A Z E R H A W K S
#16 - 2014-06-11 03:33:39 UTC
Ramona McCandless wrote:
Yay this thread again!

Everybody's glad
Freedom, you see, has got our hearts singing so joyfully
Just look about
You owe it to yourself to check it out

Ramona McCandless wrote:

Ramona McCandless wrote:

dread is gone

http://cdn1.eveonline.com/community/devblog/2014/ArtOfRubicon/Wreck_New_06.jpg

"CCP Dolan is full of shit." - CCP Bettik

Sibyyl
Garoun Investment Bank
Gallente Federation
#17 - 2014-06-11 03:43:38 UTC
Kusum Fawn wrote:

I love how you didn't read Scipio's post, which also was the first reply.

Joffy Aulx-Gao for CSM. Fix links and OGB. Ban stabs from plexes. Fulfill karmic justice.