These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

What is 'PSSSHHHH'?

First post
Author
Claud Tiberius
#61 - 2014-06-09 04:21:54 UTC
"Sulu, phases now!"
"Ppppssshhhhhhhh"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pu6_TMhP01w

Once upon a time the Golem had a Raven hull and it looked good. Then it transformed into a plataduck. The end.

Rhatar Khurin
Doomheim
#62 - 2014-06-09 09:02:10 UTC
The sound doors in star trek make?
Eminito
Deep Space 10 Mining
#63 - 2014-06-09 09:18:39 UTC
Sources suggest that actually "PSSSHHHH", was intended to give one of the developers a suggestion to gain ideas from the game:

http://www.thespacegame.com/videos.html

...the manager in question was not at liberty to call the other 'space' game out directy; referencing it only as "PSSSHHHH" - but there was a direct indication to replicate many of the other games features, but with the awesome EVE engines.

Alphea Abbra
Project Promethion
#64 - 2014-06-09 10:16:06 UTC
Tippia wrote:
I keep wanting to ask - with that domain name - are you Swedish?
I know that it can be an impolite question, so you don't have to answer.
I'll just secretly judge you for being personally responsible for making Denmark look bad.
Ursula Thrace
Dreamland Augmented Consortium
#65 - 2014-06-09 21:19:17 UTC
this thread needs more psssshhhh.
Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#66 - 2014-06-09 21:53:19 UTC
Alphea Abbra wrote:

I'll just secretly judge you for being personally responsible for making Denmark look bad.

I'll accept that responsibility. But really, it's their own fault. P
BeBopAReBop RhubarbPie
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#67 - 2014-06-09 21:54:24 UTC
Kayagainen Iwalula wrote:
PSSHHH is kinda like flair. But it's also like panache, with a little bit of razzle-dazzle and bada-boom, along with some oomph and some zippety-zap.

I think this may be the most likes I've seen on a post without worthwhile content. 37 and counting. Good job!

Founder of Violet Squadron, a small gang NPSI community! Mail me for more information.

BeBopAReBop RhubarbPie's Space Mediation Service!

Kijo Rikki
Killboard Padding Services
#68 - 2014-06-09 22:02:24 UTC
It's the sound of your ex letting the air out of your tires.

You make a valid point, good Sir or Madam. 

BeBopAReBop RhubarbPie
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#69 - 2014-06-09 22:04:31 UTC
Kuronaga wrote:
Hilmar actually had the fiction staff write his apology?

Wow. Wow. Wow.

I'm really surprised there hasn't been more outcry against this.

Founder of Violet Squadron, a small gang NPSI community! Mail me for more information.

BeBopAReBop RhubarbPie's Space Mediation Service!

Alphea Abbra
Project Promethion
#70 - 2014-06-09 22:06:18 UTC
Tippia wrote:
Alphea Abbra wrote:
I'll accept that responsibility. But really, it's their own fault. P
You just activated my trap comment! HAH, you fell right into it!
I know now that you're either Norwegian, Swedish or (Wildcard option), Danish or Finnish.
Of course Swedish is the far more likelier option, with Norwegian as a distant second.

I'll note that down as another reason to love/hate you.

On that list, in order of best to worst:
Proper punctuation, even to the point where I am almost entirely sure you write longer posts in Word just to get the -'s to look right.
Being right on forums, with a demeanor of logic, reason and proof where necessary, combined with an unrelenting pursuit of the truth if necessary, which can come across as honestly combative.
Good and well-explained blog posts detailing EVE mechanics in a decent and fairly objective manner, so it can be linked to newbies and they do not require any immediate, further explanation of that particular topic.
Being wrong on forums, with a demeanor of logic, reason and proof where necessary, combined with an unrelenting pursuit of the truth if necessary, which can come across as crass, insulting and nitpicking.
NEW: Probably Swedish.
Little Dragon Khamez
Guardians of the Underworld
#71 - 2014-06-09 22:55:39 UTC
Scipio Artelius wrote:
In relation to this thread, it's the quiet sound of the key turning in the lock.

In relation to the article, it's here:

http://www.theguardian.com/technology/2014/jun/05/world-of-darkness-the-inside-story-mmo-ccp-white-wolf

Great article, a depressing read though. Whenever I read things like this it makes me sad enough to warrant cancelling my subs, but then I remember my friends in eve and decide to stay.

Dumbing down of Eve Online will result in it's destruction...

Abrazzar
Vardaugas Family
#72 - 2014-06-09 23:06:01 UTC
You know, CCP should just roll with it and add a commodity item called "Obscure Design Specifications" or something, with the whole "psssshhhh" quote in the description.
Ralph King-Griffin
New Eden Tech Support
#73 - 2014-06-09 23:06:21 UTC  |  Edited by: Ralph King-Griffin
BeBopAReBop RhubarbPie wrote:
Kuronaga wrote:
Hilmar actually had the fiction staff write his apology?

Wow. Wow. Wow.

I'm really surprised there hasn't been more outcry against this.

I'm really not,
disenfranchised ex employee talks to the media,
the guardian in particular.
Much salt with this dish please.

Twice as much given its a someone talking about the ppl that bought them out and then incinerated their company.
Vurreis Enaka
Science and Trade Institute
Caldari State
#74 - 2014-06-09 23:53:53 UTC
It should be followed by 'OFF I want another drink'.
Felicity Love
Doomheim
#75 - 2014-06-10 00:01:28 UTC
.... waits for "Psssssssshhhhhhh" and "Pssssssshhhh Ultra" to be available in the New Eden Store...

"EVE is dying." -- The Four Forum Trolls of the Apocalypse.   ( Pick four, any four. They all smell.  )

Vivec Septim
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#76 - 2014-06-10 01:58:08 UTC
I would pay real money for Psssshhh EVE shirt. Anyways, thank you guys for helping me understand this expression. This is why I love this community... but it could use more psssssshhhhh.

I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. 

Ramona McCandless
Silent Vale
LinkNet
#77 - 2014-06-10 02:03:17 UTC
Newspapers are full of ****, btw

"Yea, some dude came in and was normal for first couple months, so I gave him director." - Sean Dunaway

"A singular character could be hired to penetrate another corps space... using gorilla like tactics..." - Chane Morgann

Webvan
All Kill No Skill
#78 - 2014-06-10 03:33:36 UTC
It's the sound one makes while inflating the hype balloon before yet another stellar f2p game launch Roll

I'm in it for the money

Ctrl+Alt+Shift+F12

Sato Page
Auctor Illuminatas Infinitum
#79 - 2014-06-10 05:23:32 UTC
ppssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhh

Dinsdale Pirannha for [u]CEO [/u]of [u]CCP[/u]

Saisin
Chao3's Rogue Operatives Corp
#80 - 2014-06-10 05:48:40 UTC
Damn, I knew Icelandic had a lot of long words with a lot of consonants, but this new one does not even has a voyel!! Big smile

Vote Borat Guereen for CSM XII

Check out the Minarchist Space Project