These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE New Citizens Q&A

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Stations

Author
Will Thorne
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#1 - 2014-06-09 10:41:35 UTC
Are there any infos if and when walking in stations will be added? I mean more, than captain´s room.
Marcus Gord
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#2 - 2014-06-09 10:48:36 UTC
Will Thorne wrote:
Are there any infos if and when walking in stations will be added? I mean more, than captain´s room.

nothing concrete.

at this point i believe it's on the back burner after they screwed it up so badly last time they did anything with it, and people complained and so many left the game, or rioted in game etc. etc.

i wouldn't hold my breath, unfortunately.

there was a working demo at a Fanfest, many years ago, that would have been fine, instead they had to redo it all with the superawesome character creator and a room.

i'm straying into a rant, i'll stop here.

In a few moments you will have an experience that will seem completely real. It will be the result of your subconscious fears transformed to your conscious awareness.

http://i.imgur.com/LM2NKUf.png

Webvan
All Kill No Skill
#3 - 2014-06-09 10:56:15 UTC
They disbanded the team long ago, team avatar. Development is focused on the spaceship part of the game; fixing, balancing and additional content as they put resourced towards. It's a good thing, much improvement over the past couple years.

I'm in it for the money

Ctrl+Alt+Shift+F12

Brink Albosa
Black Rebel Rifter Club
The Devil's Tattoo
#4 - 2014-06-09 13:27:54 UTC
I'm with you OP. Would love to see them expand on it.
Xercodo
Cruor Angelicus
#5 - 2014-06-09 16:03:48 UTC
Prob not for a few years at the very least.

After this massive shake up to industry in Crius I foresee:
- Null sec sovereignty overhaul, everything from claiming sov, holding sov, sov benefits, taking sov from someone else, and incorporating destructible nullsec stations.
- Full ship painting
- Player made stargates, using a culmination of the revamped sov mechanics and industry
- Covert ship rebalances, T3 ship rebalances, Cap ship rebalances

The Drake is a Lie

Dani Dusette
Division 13
#6 - 2014-06-09 16:16:52 UTC
Pretty confident that at this point there are no plans to develop it further. It's all about the spaceships right now, although our avatars are still getting a little attention. Smile

I agree with the others who've said we may see something in the future (years). It's inevitable really, and I really look forward to it too. Pirate

dαní ㅤㅤ

σиlу ιи dαякиєѕѕ cαи уσυ ѕєє тнє ѕтαяѕ

ISD Ezwal: "Might I inform you that I am as real as it gets?"

Will Thorne
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#7 - 2014-06-09 17:45:08 UTC
How sad. I´d like to meet other avatars in cantinas on stations, for a chat, or maybe for gambling, while waiting for production, etc
Xercodo
Cruor Angelicus
#8 - 2014-06-09 21:17:15 UTC
Dani Dusette wrote:
Pretty confident that at this point there are no plans to develop it further. It's all about the spaceships right now, although our avatars are still getting a little attention. Smile

I agree with the others who've said we may see something in the future (years). It's inevitable really, and I really look forward to it too. Pirate

Looking even more mischievous with that black top Dani :P

The Drake is a Lie

Dani Dusette
Division 13
#9 - 2014-06-09 21:23:46 UTC
Xercodo wrote:
Dani Dusette wrote:

Looking even more mischievous with that black top Dani :P

I'm really not mischievous! Oops

dαní ㅤㅤ

Dani Dusette
Division 13
#10 - 2014-06-09 21:28:55 UTC
Will Thorne wrote:
How sad. I´d like to meet other avatars in cantinas on stations, for a chat, or maybe for gambling, while waiting for production, etc

There are lots of things you can do within EVE while you're waiting for stuff or if you just want to burn some time. You can always go do missions, go seek some pvp, or even trade or mine if you're that way inclined. Make an alt perhaps and maybe go do stuff on him/her too? Find good chat channels or nice groups of people and go hang out and chatter with them ingame. There's plenty of roleplay venues too if you're into stuff like roleplay.

I think avatar gameplay in EVE (whatever form it eventually takes) should be worth more than just a time-burner. Big smile

dαní ㅤㅤ

Gully Alex Foyle
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#11 - 2014-06-09 21:37:59 UTC
Dani Dusette wrote:
I think avatar gameplay in EVE (whatever form it eventually takes) should be worth more than just a time-burner. Big smile

I'd love to go dancing with the Dusettes, for example.

But since I can't, I repeatedly blow up other people's spaceships In frustration.

Make space glamorous! Is EVE dying or not? Ask the EVE-O Death-o-meter!

Erica Dusette
Division 13
#12 - 2014-06-09 22:13:43 UTC
You continue to humble my family Mr Foyle. ♡

We're much the same as you, although none of the family is known for their dancing (in)ability. Oops Similarly all of my pilots spend their time shooting things - and in the quiet moments it's time for writing, roleplay or ... some resculpting. Pirate

Spending those quiet times in a station interacting with other avatars would be just as enjoyable, if not more so (and would compliment what I already do). I'd be quite happy if it was merely a social thing, although it'll need to be much more I believe if it's to be successful and accepted by much of the community.

Marcus Gord wrote:
the superawesome character creator

C'mon, regardless of anything else incarna-related, it is a pretty awesome character creator. Cool

Jack Miton > you be nice or you're sleeping on the couch again!

Part-Time Wormhole Pirate Full-Time Supermodel

worмнole dιary + cнaracтer вιoѕвσss

Lord Battlestar
CALIMA COLLABORATIVE
Atrox Urbanis Respublique Abundatia
#13 - 2014-06-09 22:25:58 UTC
As far as I can tell walking in stations is pretty much dead. I don't expect it to be back for a good while, especially with all of the announced layoffs and whatnot.

I once podded myself by blowing a huge fart.

Webvan
All Kill No Skill
#14 - 2014-06-09 23:01:01 UTC
Lord Battlestar wrote:
As far as I can tell walking in stations is pretty much dead. I don't expect it to be back for a good while, especially with all of the announced layoffs and whatnot.

They laid off 49 from publishing, to some that can be a good thing. Meanwhile they are hiring, have job ads up for actual development positions. EVE is dying?

I'm in it for the money

Ctrl+Alt+Shift+F12

Lord Battlestar
CALIMA COLLABORATIVE
Atrox Urbanis Respublique Abundatia
#15 - 2014-06-09 23:29:49 UTC
Webvan wrote:
Lord Battlestar wrote:

They laid off 49 from publishing, to some that can be a good thing. Meanwhile they are hiring, have job ads up for actual development positions. EVE is dying?

Did I say Eve is dying? All I said was with layoffs and an alleged big fiscal loss, it is unlikely CCP would put significant resources into walking in stations. If anything they are likely to focus on other features.

I once podded myself by blowing a huge fart.

Xercodo
Cruor Angelicus
#16 - 2014-06-10 00:19:14 UTC
Webvan
All Kill No Skill
#17 - 2014-06-10 02:44:22 UTC  |  Edited by: Webvan
Lord Battlestar wrote:
Webvan wrote:
Lord Battlestar wrote:

Did I say Eve is dying? All I said was with layoffs and an alleged big fiscal loss, it is unlikely CCP would put significant resources into walking in stations. If anything they are likely to focus on other features.

Has nothing to do with EVE, they had to organize the books in such a way to account for the R&D on WoD which yes they took as a loss, as any development potentially is since you are losing money to gain back later. CCP is not tanking, is not having mass developer layoffs and has nothing to do with WiS development ending as your post misleads... blurs into... easily taken as.

"During the year the company assessed its capitalized development assets and determined that a portion of those assets would likely not have future economic benefits,"

"IAS 38 requires that such assets should be derecognized and removed from the balance sheet. The expense related to the derecognized assets are presented as part of research and development expense in the statement of comprehensive income."

See, they couldn't balance it in, thus had to take it as a loss on the books.

I'm in it for the money

Ctrl+Alt+Shift+F12

Paul Otichoda
Perkone
Caldari State
#18 - 2014-06-10 07:29:32 UTC
I admit the only reason I want WIS is so I can invade the rooms of the spam bots in Jita 4 and kill them so they stop spamming. That would be kind of fun. But yes I do think what we know about WIS there really isn't that much content. If there was extra gameplay elements, criminal acitivty, combat or mini games. Then WIS would be more missed
Luwc
State War Academy
Caldari State
#19 - 2014-06-10 07:40:53 UTC
+1 for OP.

I hate half aszed sh1et

http://hugelolcdn.com/i/267520.gif