These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Giving Drones an assist - redux

First post
Author
Rikki Bigg
The Graduates
The Initiative.
#41 - 2014-06-04 13:21:39 UTC  |  Edited by: Rikki Bigg
Luscius Uta wrote:
I think that the OP created this thread just to troll CCP. The only advantage that T2 Drone Link Augmenter has over the T1 version is few extra kilometers of drone control range. If the OP really cares so much about his drone control range, then he wouldn't leave his Scout Drone Operation skill at 0. Don't blame CCP for bad skill plans.

I cant use either version, and I could use both versions before the change.

Furthermore, I have trained Electronic Warfare Drone Interfacting (now Advanced Drone Avionics) for access to ECM drones and I get drone control range from that skill. Why should I be forced to train a skill off map for something I already trained to use?
Rikki Bigg
The Graduates
The Initiative.
#42 - 2014-06-04 13:28:12 UTC
Silvetica Dian wrote:
Rikki Bigg wrote:
I had Combat Drone Operation to level V (five) prior to the skill change.

I had Scout Drone Operation to level 0 (zero) prior to the skill change.

I now have Light Drones V, Medium Drones V, and Drone Avionics 0, working as intended.

The information with the change that was updated in the dev blog (too late to take advantage of it, mind you), indicated that if you had Scout Drone Operation V, you would also get Light/Medium V. It was never explicitly given as a reason, but the access of T2 Light/Med from the skill is likely the reason.

My issue is this, I was able to use Drone Link Augmentor II prior to the patch, by vitrue of Combat Drone Operation V. It was quite useful for repair/ecm drone range. Sadly now I am unable to.

All this could have been avoided had the original devblog been updated in a timely manner after the post was made, sadly it was not. I feel a double standard has been applied, with some players gaining an unfair advantage over others.

As much as I would love to demand Drone Avionics V to be able to use Drone Link Augmentor II's, I realize it wont happen (especially since Combat Drone Operation is gone, it is something that would have had to go through with the skill conversion). But I would like to have an open discussion with other players regarding their thoughts on the issue, or how it might have personally affected them.

restarted 2 dual account training to make sure i had the new skills on alts that needed them. the change to scout drone was in fact done in a timely manner and dozens of threads started mentioning it. i removed combat drone from all my skill queues as a result

The official change to Scout Drones in an official capacity was not done in a timely manner. I had already trained Combat Drone Operations, and had only one rank in Scout Drone Operations. I received Light and Medium Drones, the same as every player that could use them through Scout Drone did. All I am asking for is the same treatment, the ability to use the Drone Link Augmentors that I was able to use before, the same as players that got the converted Drone Avionics have.

I was unable to remove Combat Drone from all my skill queue, as I already had it at V. I fail to see how my situation of being able to use DLA before and currently cannot is any different from players that were able to use T2 drones from Scout Drone that were grandfathered in to the Light/Medium change...

Paul Panala
Among Shadows
Shadows of Eden
#43 - 2014-06-04 13:52:15 UTC
Nevyn Auscent wrote:
You lost nothing, your SP actually went up, not down.
But take that whine to a different thread. This isn't about SP.

This is about the fact that people who could use DLA II's before now can't and have to train for up to 5 days to get them back.

My skill points are exactly the same as before the patch. I got 0 new SP. Other players got as many as 512,000 SP for free.
CCP Rise
C C P
C C P Alliance
#44 - 2014-06-04 14:50:08 UTC
Hi

Unfortunately, we missed the changes to Drone Link Augmentor skill requirements in skill change script that ran at release and so the case described in the OP has affected a group of players, though thankfully not a very large one.

We are getting to work right now on a patch that will check your former Combat Drone Operation skill and give you the new Drone Avionics skill at the same level.

So for example the OP who had Combat Drone Operation V and Scout Drone Operation 0 will be given Drone Avionics skill at level V.

This will take a couple days for us to build and test but we will try to deliver it as soon as absolutely possible.

Sorry we missed this.
Fly safe

@ccp_rise

Harry Scarey
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#45 - 2014-06-04 16:11:32 UTC  |  Edited by: Harry Scarey
smurf
Gavin Dax
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#46 - 2014-06-04 17:28:59 UTC
CCP Rise wrote:
Hi

Unfortunately, we missed the changes to Drone Link Augmentor skill requirements in skill change script that ran at release and so the case described in the OP has affected a group of players, though thankfully not a very large one.

We are getting to work right now on a patch that will check your former Combat Drone Operation skill and give you the new Drone Avionics skill at the same level.

So for example the OP who had Combat Drone Operation V and Scout Drone Operation 0 will be given Drone Avionics skill at level V.

This will take a couple days for us to build and test but we will try to deliver it as soon as absolutely possible.

Sorry we missed this.
Fly safe

Thanks for addressing this. What happens if you have already trained that skill though?

Are there any plans to reimburse those pilots that wasted training time on CDO/SDO due to the oversight in that skill conversion? Or should those people just HTFU and accept they got screwed?
Medalyn Isis
Doomheim
#47 - 2014-06-04 19:16:22 UTC
CCP Rise wrote:
Hi

Sorry we missed this.
Fly safe

This was mentioned countless times and there was no reply from CCP. So we all had just assumed that the "you can fly what you could fly before" policy did not apply to modules. Quite surprising to find out this was a mistake given the number of times the issue of the drone link augmentor had been flagged up.
Carniflex
StarHunt
Mordus Angels
#48 - 2014-06-04 19:37:24 UTC
I could use bouncer ii on some alts before. Now they need minmatar drone spec. Found out the hard way - in space when trying to launch them.

Here, sanity... niiiice sanity, come to daddy... okay, that's a good sanity... THWONK! GOT the bastard.

Reginald Farnsworth
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#49 - 2014-06-09 11:10:51 UTC
Is there any word on when the patch to fix this problem will finally come..?
Nevyn Auscent
Broke Sauce
#50 - 2014-06-09 11:22:22 UTC
Medalyn Isis wrote:

This was mentioned countless times and there was no reply from CCP. So we all had just assumed that the "you can fly what you could fly before" policy did not apply to modules. Quite surprising to find out this was a mistake given the number of times the issue of the drone link augmentor had been flagged up.

Actually it was asked many times then after the first changes went on Sisi people read the requirements and stopped asking because the requirements hadn't changed. Since people were asking 'is it changing and if so will we...'
The skill change for DLA's was a very last minute change (& an appropriate change) and basically no discussion happened about them actually having to give people with CDO SDO as well because most people thought the skill reqs weren't changing based on the earlier Sisi builds.

So I can entirely see how this slipped through. They are fixing/have fixed it now anyway, so no big deal.
Nevyn Auscent
Broke Sauce
#51 - 2014-06-09 11:24:27 UTC
Carniflex wrote:
I could use bouncer ii on some alts before. Now they need minmatar drone spec. Found out the hard way - in space when trying to launch them.

This was mentioned months ago in the blog directly. And fits CCP's policy as established by Navy Battleships that if it's only a few minutes training and you are given significant notice they won't gift you the skills. Since you could have so easily trained it any time in the last two months as you only need Min spec 1
Black Panpher
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#52 - 2014-06-09 11:37:05 UTC
Ohhhh Feely Nice wrote:
Money Makin Mitch wrote:
I trained CDO 5 at 10d per pop on 6x accounts due to dev blog, only to watch the skill simply disappear. Wasted the equivalent of 2 months training time. Unfair indeed.

Yep. Exact same situation here; 6 accounts, each trained CDO 5 specifically due to the blog. The blog they never updated with the new changes, over 2 months later.

I have actually re-unsubscribed my accounts over it. Really tired of the awful communication and social skills of CCP being ignored yet again. Not that I was paying RL $ anyways, but I'm sure the subscription numbers were nice. I had initially unsubscribed for other reasons but resubscribed to help buff their subscription numbers. No more.

My loss became their loss. Now that is fair CCP.

Really feel like I am going to unsub my acc's too, it's just one **** move after the other and even though they are mostly small niggles, it grates.
Ramona McCandless
The McCandless Clan
#53 - 2014-06-09 12:08:39 UTC
Problem exists

People cry

CCP apologises and goes out of way to fix problem

People cry they aren't getting ice cream

Why should CCP bother?

"Yea, some dude came in and was normal for first couple months, so I gave him director." - Sean Dunaway

"A singular character could be hired to penetrate another corps space... using gorilla like tactics..." - Chane Morgann

Xasnevian
sadfadsfadsadsf
#54 - 2014-06-09 12:58:03 UTC
Free SP for everyone! Except for the ones who actually trained those skills!
Black Panpher
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#55 - 2014-06-09 13:21:41 UTC
Xasnevian wrote:
Free SP for everyone! Except for the ones who actually trained those skills!

Exactly, FU people who thought this game was about paying a sub to train for better skills!
It's like all those companies that offer the best deals to the new customers only!

GG CCP, WP. Roll
Ramona McCandless
The McCandless Clan
#56 - 2014-06-09 13:23:27 UTC
Black Panpher wrote:

Exactly, FU people who thought this game was about paying a sub to train for better skills!

Well yeah

The sub is about playing a game, not sitting on your butt watching a timer

"Yea, some dude came in and was normal for first couple months, so I gave him director." - Sean Dunaway

"A singular character could be hired to penetrate another corps space... using gorilla like tactics..." - Chane Morgann

Nolan Pars
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#57 - 2014-06-18 21:02:28 UTC  |  Edited by: Nolan Pars
CCP Rise wrote:
Hi

Sorry we missed this.
Fly safe

Any news on this patch ?
Nelly Uanos
Stimulus
Rote Kapelle
#58 - 2014-06-24 21:33:29 UTC  |  Edited by: Nelly Uanos
Yup still waiting for news about this "patch"

Even though they release one today... Straight
Lauresh Thellere
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#59 - 2014-07-14 11:46:22 UTC
I assume the patch that was referred to by CCP is a reference to something that will never come.
dexington
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#60 - 2014-07-14 11:58:50 UTC
Gavin Dax wrote:
Should those people just HTFU and accept they got screwed?

Yes.

I'm a relatively respectable citizen. Multiple felon perhaps, but certainly not dangerous.