These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Out of Pod Experience

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page123Next page

What do you play beside EVE?

First post
Author
Matilda Cecilia Fock
Pator Tech School
Minmatar Republic
#21 - 2014-06-08 11:25:58 UTC
I only play one game at a time.

Currently I'm using EVE forums and playing it a little bit, thx to Humble Bundle. I paid all of 4 USD for the extra package, but customized the split so CCP got 0.03 $ and the rest was split betwen charities and 0.47 $ for HB.

Also cancelled my ESO sub and it just expired, but hadn't logged in for a week. It's a pity because it could be a nice game, but oh man the issues, they will have it F2P before standing a chance to fix all that's wrong/broken... leveled a char to 10 and couldn't be bothered with the PvP area.Roll

Q: Should we be worried? A: Nope. (...) Worry a lot if Fozzie, Masterplan, Rise, Veritas, Bettik, Ytterbium, Scarpia, Arrow, or even Greyscale leaves. Worry a little if Punkturis, karkur, SoniClover, Affinity, Goliath, or Xhagen leaves.

Bagrat Skalski
Koinuun Kotei
#22 - 2014-06-08 12:52:33 UTC  |  Edited by: Bagrat Skalski
Before I started playing EVE I have been raiding and PvP-ing in Age of Conan, Funcom game. Recently, after a lot of server merges, I logged in and was surprised how much life is still in this game, despite so many years of gradual leaving of the players. I have been a witness of heated debate about why ESO is worse then AoC and I have made a quick 6 person dungeon to help some new players. 2 of them had not write a word in a chat and still they knew what is going on and what to kill. You can lead them be jumping and they know that they had to follow and kill the mobs to get that loot. What a mindless, bloody entartainment. Lol
Graygor
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#23 - 2014-06-08 12:54:02 UTC
Ralph King-Griffin wrote:
this should cover it

+1 for the hitman blood money. The best of the entire series.

"I think you should buy a new Mayan calendar. Mine has muscle cars on it." - Kenneth O'Hara

"I dont think that can happen, you can see Gray has his invuln field on in his portrait." - Commissar "Cake" Kate

Matilda Cecilia Fock
Pator Tech School
Minmatar Republic
#24 - 2014-06-08 13:01:30 UTC
Bagrat Skalski wrote:
Before I started playing EVE I have been raiding and PvP-ing in Age of Conan, Funcom game. Recently, after a lot of server merges, I logged in and was surprised how much life is still in this game, despite so many years of gradual leaving of the players. I have been a witness of heated debate about why ESO is worse then AoC and I have made a quick 6 person dungeon to help some new players. 2 of them had not write a word in a chat and still they knew what is going on and what to kill. You can lead them be jumping and they know that they had to follow and kill the mobs to get that loot. What a mindless, bloody entartainment. Lol

Heh, I too played AoC, when it was a subscription game. Even bought the Asian themed expansion. Maybe I could give it another try, but only if I could recover my old chars. I'd rather die than play the Tortage Island tutorial once more... Ugh

Q: Should we be worried? A: Nope. (...) Worry a lot if Fozzie, Masterplan, Rise, Veritas, Bettik, Ytterbium, Scarpia, Arrow, or even Greyscale leaves. Worry a little if Punkturis, karkur, SoniClover, Affinity, Goliath, or Xhagen leaves.

Sabriz Adoudel
Move along there is nothing here
#25 - 2014-06-08 13:15:11 UTC
Haniel Shimaya wrote:
Lately I've pretty bored with modern games so I've been enjoying games from my NES collection, specifically the original Castlevania, The Guardian Legend, Kirby's Adventure, and Tengan Tetris.

OMG love The Guardian Legend. Has to be one of the most underrated games ever.

I used to play other MMOs but after playing EVE they feel meaningless. I play EVE when I am feeling competitive, and Path of Exile to relax.

I support the New Order and CODE. alliance. www.minerbumping.com

Bagrat Skalski
Koinuun Kotei
#26 - 2014-06-08 13:33:11 UTC
Matilda Cecilia Fock wrote:
Bagrat Skalski wrote:

Heh, I too played AoC, when it was a subscription game. Even bought the Asian themed expansion. Maybe I could give it another try, but only if I could recover my old chars. I'd rather die than play the Tortage Island tutorial once more... Ugh

I have bought the same expansion and stopped playing just before they went Free to play. I still have my old chars, 3 80 lvl, and i have some low chars too.
Antihrist Pripravnik
Scorpion Road Industry
#27 - 2014-06-08 15:27:40 UTC  |  Edited by: Antihrist Pripravnik
The only thing I play now besides EVE is Minecraft.

Usually, a game has to be creative and offer at least some freedom of how I can play it in order to get my attention. There was "On the house" action on Origin a couple of days ago when Battlefield 3 was given for free. I was familiar of the concept of games like that (CoD, BF) from friends, but was never attracted enough to the genre to actually buy one. But since it was free, I though why not. And I didn't like it. Honestly... too much cut-scenes, too scripted gameplay and definitively too much military propaganda for my taste.

Generally, I enjoy stealth and open world FPS/TPS games when I have time (and I don't have it now). Like Deus ex: HR, Hitman, Stalker, Far Cry,... or games with a good story, like Assassin's Creed, Max Payne (and again Deus ex: HR).

I guess that's why I play EVE - it's creative, offers total freedom of how you can play it, has stealth elements if you choose to play that way, it's an open world and has a great story (lore).
Debora Tsung
Perkone
Caldari State
#28 - 2014-06-08 15:41:27 UTC
Distant Worlds
WarThunder
Planetside 2
Planetary Annihilation (smashing Moons into the enemy base is awesome ^^)#
Path of Exile
XCOM
Wasteland 2 (lots and lots of it o_O)

Pirate

Stupidity should be a bannable offense.

Fighting back is more fun than not.

Sticky: AFK Cloaking Thread It's not pretty, but it's there.

Kijo Rikki
Killboard Padding Services
#29 - 2014-06-08 15:46:29 UTC
ESO
WoW
STO
SW:TOR
Sins
HW 1 & 2

You make a valid point, good Sir or Madam. 

Eurydia Vespasian
Storm Hunters
#30 - 2014-06-08 15:58:06 UTC
Bagrat Skalski wrote:

lol I spent some time in AoC as well. maybe a year. met some cool people. i didn't like the end game much.
Matilda Cecilia Fock
Pator Tech School
Minmatar Republic
#31 - 2014-06-08 16:44:48 UTC
Eurydia Vespasian wrote:
Bagrat Skalski wrote:

lol I spent some time in AoC as well. maybe a year. met some cool people. i didn't like the end game much.

Heh, I never leveled up to endgame, max I reached was 40+. On the other hand, being paid for a topless dance is one of the weirdest things I've ever done in a MMO... Lol

Bagrat Skalski
Koinuun Kotei
#32 - 2014-06-08 17:33:11 UTC  |  Edited by: Bagrat Skalski
Antihrist Pripravnik wrote:
The only thing I play now besides EVE is Minecraft.

I have been playing minecraft some time ago, basically building stuff and exploring, trying to survive in a Nether for some time. I have Landmark now, building things in it just from the beginning, but it needs more than building mode to be called a good game, and I just post on the forum what I would like to see there added.
Regnag Leppod
Doomheim
#33 - 2014-06-09 00:29:41 UTC
Most recently I've been playing the Everquest Landmark Beta, which is hardly a game at this current point.
I've been part of Second Life for way too long.
I log into Guild Wars 2 and kick around with friends there once in a while, but it's worse than a F2P with their cash grab mentality.
Poked at the beta for Wildstar, which was fun.

Over the years that I've been in Eve on and off, I've played other games, but much as I hate some aspects of Eve, I always come back, so there must be something to it.
Mina Sebiestar
Minmatar Inner Space Conglomerate
#34 - 2014-06-09 01:07:14 UTC
Games snapshot

You choke behind a smile a fake behind the fear

Because >>I is too hard

ISD Supogo
ISD BH
ISD Alliance
#35 - 2014-06-09 02:44:42 UTC
Currently playing Dwarf Fortress, AC IV, Overlord II, Skyrim, Minecraft

ISD BH Supogo

Bughunter

Equipment Certification and Anomaly Investigations Division (ECAID)

Interstellar Services Department

Commissar Kate
Kesukka
#36 - 2014-06-09 03:07:57 UTC  |  Edited by: Commissar Kate
Starting to get into Kerbal Space Program again after about half a year absence. Looking at what mods to get.
Webvan
All Kill No Skill
#37 - 2014-06-09 05:16:56 UTC  |  Edited by: Webvan
Regnag Leppod wrote:

I log into Guild Wars 2 and kick around with friends there once in a while, but it's worse than a F2P with their cash grab mentality.
yeah yeah same, though I've uninstalled, pretty much indefinitely. Played for one year starting at launch, 8-80's all classes, all crafting professions. But they changed direction, totally went back on their original design promises and then also loaded it with f2p type crap (yes cash grab). Had a good guild, but just had no interest in gear grind/gear creep and temporary content with no real expansions. I saw a lot of good quality players leave. Too bad.
fav classes were d/d stealth thief (assassin build - for wvw) and fire elementalist (a pve build with earth). But the gear creep became intolerable, what they promised they would not do, but flat out lied. No respect left for Anet P ...even after gw1.

I'm in it for the money

Ctrl+Alt+Shift+F12

Velarra
#38 - 2014-06-09 05:29:04 UTC
World of Tanks
World of Warplanes
Falcon 4.0
Dessau
The Scope
#39 - 2014-06-09 06:40:13 UTC
Have very little free time due to school.

However, I have been enjoying KSP, got two role-playing Skyrim playthroughs cooking, occasionally some FFXIV.

Doing a little modding from time to time for Skyrim and Shadowrun Returns.
Lumukanda Theleraese
Paranoid Inc
#40 - 2014-06-09 11:28:21 UTC
Every now and then some flight sims offline and online it's either EVE or occasionally iRacing.
Previous page123Next page