These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE New Citizens Q&A

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Had a 3 week trial account 2 years ago, just started up again now...

Author
Shiro Fenris
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#1 - 2014-06-08 10:21:49 UTC
Signed up again today and got a free caldari frigate. I dont have a lot of things, but theyre all sitting in various places and I have no idea what I have, what its all used for or what I should even try to do.

Should I be starting again or can people suggest to me how I can start to clean up my situation?
Major 'Revolver' Ocelot
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#2 - 2014-06-08 12:01:13 UTC
Starting again is never really worth it unless you have blown all your bonus remaps already as I assume you only have 3 weeks worth of skill points.

You can look at your assets on your neocom to see what you have and where they are located. Whether they are worth retrieving is up to you. If you want rid of them just right click and "delete" from your assets menu. It may take upto 5 minutes for them to actually disappear however.

Start with doing the tutorials again, they've no doubt been improved in the last 2 years IIRC. Think of what you want to do, join a player corp that has what you want and get going.
Sabriz Adoudel
Move along there is nothing here
#3 - 2014-06-08 12:02:27 UTC
Press Alt-T and you will see your Assets menu. It shows you what you own and where it is.

I recommend you keep your initial character, but pretend those assets do not exists for now. Just go and do the tutorials again, and you'll get some new ships from doing them.

If any of your old stuff is valuable at all, it will be where you left it and you can make arrangements for collecting it later.

I support the New Order and CODE. alliance. www.minerbumping.com

Webvan
All Kill No Skill
#4 - 2014-06-08 12:59:04 UTC
Yeah that little 'safe' icon. Actually I use if often for setting waypoints to stations of interest rather than searching bookmarks or contacts. If I have a station I like, I drop a rocket into the stations item hanger so that the station will show up on the assets window. Click and set destination.

Anyhoot, do the tutorial, then do some or all the career agents. Then maybe the sisters of eve epic arc. That'll keep you busy for a few weeks while you research the game and figure out what you want to do. Ask questions in chat, ask questions in forums, ask questions here.

I'm in it for the money

Ctrl+Alt+Shift+F12