These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Warfare & Tactics

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
12Next page

New WD probe mechanics unfair?

Author
HomeGrownBudZ
Garoun Investment Bank
Gallente Federation
#1 - 2011-12-05 07:22:15 UTC  |  Edited by: HomeGrownBudZ
So in the patchnotes it reads: "Launching a warp disrupt probe will give you aggression and prevent you from docking or jumping."

To be honest i don't really see how this is fair. I wasn't aware that there was any qualms with the previous bubble mechanics. If my bubble sits harmlessly without affecting anyone's path or therein inhibiting their warp, why should i take an aggression penalty for this? I did try to harm or affect another a player, but failed, i see it no different if they warp off and i miss the point.

It's already hard enough to get enough dictors in fleet as they are fragile, always primary, and the best one being terribly inflated(Sabre~ 44M, all other 26-32). Leaving tail bubbles, or bubbling and crossjumping have long been accepted and widely used tactics, why the nerf? I'm not trying to whine so much as just asking... what was it that brought this about in the first placeQuestion

/emo avid sabre pilot Sad

EDIT: Does this mean if i pop a bubble and it interdicts nothing, i will still have a full 15 minute PvP logoff timer? I'm gonna really emo now...
orion scimatarii
Sector 17 Griffon
#2 - 2011-12-05 10:29:19 UTC
Maybe OP could quit his bitching.
research proper fit.

AND THEN learn to use this mechanic to his advantage
if you cant use this mechanic to your advantage stop playing EVE and then you can truly stop your bitching
HomeGrownBudZ
Garoun Investment Bank
Gallente Federation
#3 - 2011-12-05 10:42:45 UTC
Maybe you guys could check my #1 ship and that i've gotten hundreds of kills in a sabre, as well as bubbles some SC's and whatnot(ya i know, pretty awesome right!?). I still didn't get an answer as to why this was implemented in the first place?

P.S. I'm pretty sure both of you are worthless dictor pilots, if you've ever even sat in one. Back under the bridge with you.
EVIL SYNNs
Dark-Rising
Wrecking Machine.
#4 - 2011-12-05 10:56:36 UTC
People in NPC low sec...

People fight on station, person undocks in light dic, drop bubble, docks. No risk at all.

I hate station games at the best of times, but this was getting used more and more, with people just fitting webs and no tackle, as they knew their alt/pal was 100% safe.

If you "help" in a fight you should never be 100% safe. Next I hope they change the remote rep "aggression".
whaynethepain
#5 - 2011-12-05 11:17:09 UTC
HomeGrownBudZ wrote:
Eh what ya saying troll?

I believe the change was made to stop me aggressively warp disrupt bubbling a gate or station, then session changing, without agro.

You suggested you fail at bubbling, I just agreed, and added you have thrice the kills I do.

All I can think, is that you have some really good FC's.

To be fair the other char is a cap pilot, so training for a dic may not be on the to do list.

Getting you on your feet.

So you've further to fall.

Bad Messenger
Rehabilitation Clinic
#6 - 2011-12-05 11:49:34 UTC
EVIL SYNNs wrote:
People in NPC low sec...

People fight on station, person undocks in light dic, drop bubble, docks. No risk at all.

I hate station games at the best of times, but this was getting used more and more, with people just fitting webs and no tackle, as they knew their alt/pal was 100% safe.

If you "help" in a fight you should never be 100% safe. Next I hope they change the remote rep "aggression".

Giving aggression from remote repping would destroy so many valid tactic that i doubt it will never come. example remote rep bs gangs would be totally useless as those are mostly even now, after agro from remote repping they would have no way to escape on any situation anymore, now they can at least deagro, tank and jump or dock.

Kurogauna
Perkone
Caldari State
#7 - 2011-12-05 13:12:35 UTC
Bad Messenger wrote:
EVIL SYNNs wrote:
People in NPC low sec...

Giving aggression from remote repping would destroy so many valid tactic that i doubt it will never come. example remote rep bs gangs would be totally useless as those are mostly even now, after agro from remote repping they would have no way to escape on any situation anymore, now they can at least deagro, tank and jump or dock.

Youre a troll, you wear a monocle.
Lady Spank
Get Out Nasty Face
#8 - 2011-12-05 13:23:20 UTC
ITT: Not being able to bubble 2 sides of a gate at the same time with a single ship is unfair.

(ಠ_ృ) ~ It Takes a Million Years to Become Diamonds So Lets Just Burn Like Coal Until the Sky's Black ~ (ಠ_ృ)

whaynethepain
#9 - 2011-12-05 15:20:31 UTC  |  Edited by: whaynethepain
HomeGrownBudZ wrote:
Maybe you guys could check my #1 ship and that i've gotten hundreds of kills in a sabre, as well as bubbles some SC's and whatnot(ya i know, pretty awesome right!?). I still didn't get an answer as to why this was implemented in the first place?

P.S. I'm pretty sure both of you are worthless dictor pilots, if you've ever even sat in one. Back under the bridge with you.

No the OP isn't crazy, after he wrote his post I flamed him for being a Tard, fitting his ship like a Plonker, disrespecting CCP and whining like a poo bear.

The post was removed and the others re-numbered.

I vote Lady spank for forum admin.

Original post:

Aha, I have been searching for three days for an easy troll.

I disagree with your sentiments entirely, and fully support Eve-Online development.

I cannot answer your question directly as it is as dumb as you look, and I am a better sabre pilot than you, even though you have thrice the kills of my char.

If you fit your sabre correctly, this would not be an issue, and should be covered by ally SRP.

Knowing you are part of a good, competent alliance prompts me furthermore to suggest you are a sore looser, and poor team player.

I strongly suggest you quit your whimpering, tuck your (dogy) tail between your legs and go fit your sabre correctly.

I guess I know where to go to get me some easy KM's.

Lucas Schuyler
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#10 - 2011-12-05 15:28:20 UTC
Lady Spank wrote:
ITT: Not being able to bubble 2 sides of a gate at the same time with a single ship is unfair.

Lady Spank hit it on the nose. Gatefire, drop a bubble, jump to other side, bubble there as well in case the ship is able to burn back to gate. Just get a second Dictor pilot.
Nicklaus Klaus'nik
Federal Defense Union
Gallente Federation
#11 - 2011-12-05 18:33:06 UTC
EVIL SYNNs wrote:
People in NPC low sec...

...there are no bbls in lowsec. i hate dictors.
HomeGrownBudZ
Garoun Investment Bank
Gallente Federation
#12 - 2011-12-05 20:33:55 UTC
Question still not answered. All i hear is a bunch of arm-chair PvP'ers.

yoo doods evar even seent a diktor bubble?..... didn't know incursions had those.....

FloppieTheBanjoClown
Arcana Imperii Ltd.
#13 - 2011-12-05 22:03:21 UTC
Warp bubbles are aggression. That's your answer.

I don't know the answer to this, so I ask it here for someone who does: does launching a bomb prevent you from jumping through a gate? Bombs aren't targeted, they can explode and do no damage, yet they're clearly aggressive and I'm *guessing* that they have prevented jumping for a very long time. That would nicely negate every argument you've made :)

Founding member of the Belligerent Undesirables movement.

whaynethepain
#14 - 2011-12-05 23:02:31 UTC
HomeGrownBudZ wrote:

yoo doods evar even seent a diktor bubble?..... didn't know incursions had those.....

Well I assume you know the most about these incursions, you do have the highest sec-status of the thread.

But looking at a damage ratio on Battle-Clinic of above 7.7 M over more than 1200 kills, your obviously in the action, with your Sabre and bubbles.

I don't think I have the experience to answer well.

But as an intrepid Sabre pilot, I believe this will improve my game, and is in-keeping with current mechanics.

There is the one min session agro timer on launch of the bubble, though my bubbles last 2 mins.

Anyone warping at or from the bubble will start the 15 min agro log-off timer I figure, Im not a fan of this tactic, can't say.

As for bubbled warp interdiction within the two mins bubble timer, and restarting the agro session timer, dunno that either, it should do I imagine.

Mfume Apocal
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#15 - 2011-12-06 09:15:51 UTC
yeah that change was pretty ******* ********, it's hard enough to force fights in eve that most gang fights are semi-consensual. and now they've made it even harder.
Sutskop
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#16 - 2011-12-06 10:03:20 UTC
whaynethepain wrote:
HomeGrownBudZ wrote:

Well I assume you know the most about these incursions, you do have the highest sec-status of the thread.

What does sec status have to do with anything when living in nulsec you can only GAIN it, not lose.

I would like a qualified answer to the original question too. Does popping the bubble give you the 15 minute logoff timer?
Score
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#17 - 2011-12-06 19:32:25 UTC  |  Edited by: Score
Quote:

I would like a qualified answer to the original question too. Does popping the bubble give you the 15 minute logoff timer?

Of course it does.

As you're conscious slips away and your fingers fall from the keyboard, the stock CCP-EMERGENCY WARP software activates in a desperate attempt to save your precious 'dictor.

... since you were too scared to stick around...

... chicken ...

Score Industrial Forge Works, Inc

HomeGrownBudZ
Garoun Investment Bank
Gallente Federation
#18 - 2011-12-06 20:14:23 UTC  |  Edited by: HomeGrownBudZ
Score wrote:
Quote:

Of course it does.

As you're conscious slips away and your fingers fall from the keyboard, the stock CCP-EMERGENCY WARP software activates in a desperate attempt to save your precious 'dictor.

... chicken ...

Dictor pilots undock knowing we are dead already, not the point of committing to the fight. It's the point of being un-neccasarily punished for not aggressing anything. I want to catch your fleet on the outgate, not run from it.
FloppieTheBanjoClown
Arcana Imperii Ltd.
#19 - 2011-12-06 20:23:58 UTC
HomeGrownBudZ wrote:
Dictor pilots undock knowing we are dead already, not the point of committing to the fight. It's the point of being un-neccasarily punished for not aggressing anything. I want to catch your fleet on the outgate, not run from it.

Maybe caps will help:

NOT AGGRESSING

I WANT TO CATCH YOUR FLEET

utrollin?

Founding member of the Belligerent Undesirables movement.

Score
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#20 - 2011-12-06 21:48:52 UTC
HomeGrownBudZ wrote:
Score wrote:
Quote:

Of course it does.

... chicken ...

Knowing your dead already but complaining about it? Hrmm....

I applaud the pilot who flies a ship like it's meant to be flown, has a plan, and will pop a bubble and then run that thing back to the POS/Safespot. But then, when you're in the WHole as much as I am, you don't fly without full Intel of your system & every system around you. <3 cloaky friends!!

CapHelp: (thanks troll)
PLANNING (duh)
POS
SAFESPOT
WHOLE
INTEL

Score Industrial Forge Works, Inc

12Next page