These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Bitter vet wants PvP

Author
Klandi
Consortium of stella Technologies
#1 - 2014-06-07 05:41:33 UTC
Since the game began, there has been a difference that marks PvE content vs PvP in terms of ship fits.

In a game where PvP is non-consensual, why is there this fit disparity?

Doesn't it make a lot more sense to have one type of fit - the one where you could either take on player or NPC. Teaches the newbies from the start that you need to fit your ship to be attacked from any quarter.

It would remove the certainty away from the missions and make the transition from hi-sec to lo-sec just that bit easier.

I think it would also ingrain the right mindset into the "carebears" - and the people that prey on them would have to think a bit harder.

Yes - I know ... mentioned to death many times before... blah blah ... troll fodder...

But ... lets bring it up and get consensus of opinion behind it ...

I'm sure you all want it ...

I am aware of my own ignorance and have checked my emotional quotient - thanks for asking

Sibyyl
Garoun Investment Bank
Gallente Federation
#2 - 2014-06-07 05:55:09 UTC
Computers not as smart as peoples.

Content requires smarts.

PVEs will be min maxed and not funs because AI NPCs dumb.

Therefore only good contents in long terms is PVPs.

Joffy Aulx-Gao for CSM. Fix links and OGB. Ban stabs from plexes. Fulfill karmic justice.

Solecist Project
#3 - 2014-06-07 07:30:35 UTC
Your english suddenly broke again.

That ringing in your ears you're experiencing right now is the last gasping breathe of a dying inner ear as it got thoroughly PULVERISED by the point roaring over your head at supersonic speeds. - Tippia

Nevyn Auscent
Broke Sauce
#4 - 2014-06-07 09:01:05 UTC
It's been suggested, however it would involve more randomisation of PvE content which CCP don't want to do as apparently a few min max players whined about the idea.
Solecist Project
#5 - 2014-06-07 09:02:41 UTC
Nevyn Auscent wrote:
It's been suggested, however it would involve more randomisation of PvE content which CCP don't want to do as apparently a few min max players whined about the idea.

Uhm, actually CCP still will pull this off,
but the transition will be slowly.

That ringing in your ears you're experiencing right now is the last gasping breathe of a dying inner ear as it got thoroughly PULVERISED by the point roaring over your head at supersonic speeds. - Tippia

Nevyn Auscent
Broke Sauce
#6 - 2014-06-07 09:04:48 UTC
Solecist Project wrote:

Uhm, actually CCP still will pull this off,
but the transition will be slowly.

Not buying that, every addition to PvE lately has been identical poorly scripted sites that actually make it progressively harder to introduce more random PvE because more obsolete content needs changing.
KnowUsByTheDead
Sunlight...Through The Blight.
#7 - 2014-06-07 09:10:35 UTC
I'll pvp against you.

Big smileTwistedPirate

I am terrible.

Once you realize what a joke everything is, being the comedian is the only thing that makes sense.

Solecist Project
#8 - 2014-06-07 09:10:47 UTC
Well... there is nothing to buy here and your opinion is irrelevant.

Still going to happen.

Jandice Ymladris
Aurora Arcology
#9 - 2014-06-07 09:13:28 UTC
They're slowly doing the random thing.

Best examples is in the 'newer' missions, Pirate Scarlett being the most famous. You don't really know wnat NPC's you face. Most folks do seem to enjoy this random element (I do, always like it when I get to fight Scarlett)

I believe the incursions have been getting little random-modifiers as well, but nothing major from what I can tell.

Randomizing would be a good way to keep PvE more entertaining and be able to keep the group of PvE players longer on board and perhaps even try out new things if the randomizing is large enough.
I just hope they keep paying attention to it, even tho alot of people complain about PvE (carebear) they all add content by simply being there and distributing their loot into the market.

Providing a new home for refugees in the Aurora Arcology

Solecist Project
#10 - 2014-06-07 09:36:14 UTC
You're a real cutey Jandice! :D <3

Lexmana
#11 - 2014-06-07 10:36:49 UTC  |  Edited by: Lexmana
It is never gonna happen. PvE players like predictability and being able to stay in combat grinding for a long periods of time and thus favour a tank that can go on for ever. If PvE would be redesigned to favour PvP ships (high burst dps & buffer/burst/rr tanks), players would just ship up/bling to a more powerful ship and run an active tank.

Also, PvP players lose their ships all the time because they run out of buffer. Imagine the rage if missions were made so hard that players lost their ship ~50% of the time?

That said, you can do PvE in a PvP ship and players do it all the time but you will never be as effective and it is all about the min/maxing when it comes to grinding ISK...
Remiel Pollard
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#12 - 2014-06-07 11:08:45 UTC
I dunno....

I PVE in my PVP fits just fine. You have to in lowsec. Never know who's gonna interrupt the party.

“Some capsuleers claim that ECM is 'dishonorable' and 'unfair'. Jam those ones first, and kill them last.” - Jirai 'Fatal' Laitanen, Pithum Nullifier Training Manual c. YC104

Velicitia
XS Tech
#13 - 2014-06-07 11:32:08 UTC
Remiel Pollard wrote:
I dunno....

I PVE in my PVP fits just fine. You have to in lowsec. Never know who's gonna interrupt the party.

^this.

One of the bitter points of a good bittervet is the realisation that all those SP don't really do much, and that the newbie is having much more fun with what little he has. - Tippia