These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Less than a month

First post
Author
James Amril-Kesh
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#1 - 2014-06-06 08:44:17 UTC
Developer Spotlight: Xhagen - May 15
"Yes it is true, I was laid off today" - June 5

This, more than anything else, has me incredibly disgusted.

Enjoying the rain today? ;)

Marc Durant
#2 - 2014-06-06 08:52:04 UTC
We're almost back to incarnage, aren't we. Just a different focus this time.

Yes, yes I am. Thanks for noticing.

Brooks Puuntai
Solar Nexus.
#3 - 2014-06-06 08:54:29 UTC
Quote:
Yes, I fully support the move from two expansions to ten releases for EVE. Both does it make more sense when it comes to develop software and it will also make my job a bit easier,

Looks like the new cycle made his job so easy, it became unnecessary.

CCP's Motto: If it isn't broken, break it. If it is broken, ignore it. Improving NPE / Dynamic New Eden

Scipio Artelius
The Vendunari
End of Life
#4 - 2014-06-06 08:59:42 UTC
Marc Durant wrote:
We're almost back to incarnage, aren't we. Just a different focus this time.

I hope we are back to incarnage.

Not only because of the feelings of support for the already laid off, but also as a measure of support to the remaining devs and other staff that actually deliver the product to us as end users.

As players we can do more than just sit by and watch these things unfold. It's also possible to send a strong message that we aren't happy with it.
Lisa Gentilette
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#5 - 2014-06-06 09:05:07 UTC  |  Edited by: Lisa Gentilette
Combined with that article in the guardian (which I'm not able to link suddenly search for world-of-darkness-the-inside-story-mmo-ccp-white-wolf) makes you wonder what the heck is going on in Iceland.

Can not say I like it, nope not liking it at all. What?
Marsha Mallow
#6 - 2014-06-06 09:16:20 UTC
Scipio Artelius wrote:
As players we can do more than just sit by and watch these things unfold. It's also possible to send a strong message that we aren't happy with it.

Agreed, not impressed. I noiced Xhagen yesterday too, it really is inappropriate to have run a spotlight if they had him scheduled for the axe. It's one thing to promote interraction between CCP and the playerbase, but if so don't expect us to react well if we think the staff are being treated shoddily by management. Apparent it isn't just the playerbase being subjected to poor decisions, which puts the Incarna affair into yet another context. I wonder how much of the new direction is just lip service to keep us quiet, but the underlying problems remain.

This has to be particularly annoying for people who have been to fanfest and know some of the Devs. I don't know any of them, but I've been made redundant and worked at companies with management so disconnected from the staff and arrogant they may as well be on another planet. There's a really strong whiff of the same here.

Remarking we don't like it and we'd prefer to see these people treated fairly isn't really Incarna level protest. If people unsub over this they'd be punishing the playerbase and wider development team, which just exacerbates the problem. That said, there's only so much goodwill companies can expect from their customers, and I think CCP management are about to see where the edges are.

Ripard Teg > For the morons in the room:

Sweets > U can dd my face any day

CCP Falcon
#7 - 2014-06-06 09:26:33 UTC
If you want to discuss this, do it here, in the thread that was provided.

Cheers.

CCP Falcon || EVE Universe Community Manager || @CCP_Falcon

Happy Birthday To FAWLTY7! <3