These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Ships & Modules

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Kronos: Welcome back, unkillable supercarriers.

First post
Author
Adira Nictor
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#21 - 2014-06-04 02:18:26 UTC
Its about time motherships got back some of their sting, and yes they are motherships, not super carriers. /bittervet
Bohneik Itohn
#22 - 2014-06-04 02:27:08 UTC
Adira Nictor wrote:
Its about time motherships got back some of their sting, and yes they are motherships, not super carriers. /bittervet

I've always felt a bit sad about joining Eve after that little change in moniker... I feel like I've missed something important in my life that I'll never get a chance to experience again....

Would someone mind letting me orbit their mothership for a few minutes so I can stop feeling like an orphan?

Wait, CCP kills kittens now too?!  - Freyya

Are you a forum alt? Have you ever wondered why your experience on the forums is always so frustrating and unrewarding? This may help.

Herzog Wolfhammer
Sigma Special Tactics Group
#23 - 2014-06-04 05:27:43 UTC
This whole thread seems predicated on "Hey guys I just tackled a SC! Quick to the hore in on the kill mobile!"

It's not even a situation that should happen unless someone does something dumb.

Bring back DEEEEP Space!

JC Anderson
RED ROSE THORN
#24 - 2014-06-04 05:47:26 UTC
To be honest it's still not nearly as bad as they were prior to the last Super Carrier nerf.
Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#25 - 2014-06-04 06:29:48 UTC
Have you looked at what they did to the Fighter and FB numbers and stats?
JC Anderson
RED ROSE THORN
#26 - 2014-06-04 06:49:10 UTC
Tippia wrote:
Have you looked at what they did to the Fighter and FB numbers and stats?

How could you possibly expect anybody to do such a thing?!?!
Alexander Thorsen
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#27 - 2014-06-04 06:52:58 UTC
You know Kronos was a good update when the care bears and the STD Legion are simultaneously mad.
Jacob Holland
Weyland-Vulcan Industries
#28 - 2014-06-04 07:18:25 UTC
Bill Lane wrote:
It's a super-carrier for pete's sake. IT SHOULD BE OP!

I realise that the following was directed at Titans rather than Supercarriers but I think it's still applicable:

"It's not supposed to be cost effective - it's a huge penis!"
Altrue
Exploration Frontier inc
Tactical-Retreat
#29 - 2014-06-04 08:15:52 UTC
Bill Lane wrote:
What do you want? Why in the world should a super not be able to do this? I swear if half the complainers got their way concerning supers and carriers, the only thing they could ever hit would be other caps. Explain to me why so many think that you should be able to gank a super with less than 5 subcaps, with no way for the cap ship to defend itself?

No, it should actually only be able to hit other caps...

It's a super-carrier for pete's sake! If you want to hit subcaps with drones, take a domi.

Signature Tanking Best Tanking

[Ex-F] CEO - Eve-guides.fr

Ultimate Citadel Guide - 2016 EVE Career Chart

Money Makin Mitch
Paid in Full
#30 - 2014-06-04 08:17:20 UTC  |  Edited by: Money Makin Mitch
Supers still need more buffing. CCP can start by giving them back a regular drone bay. As for the OP - shut up and quit your bellyaching. A supercarrier shouldn't die due to 1 or 2 hictors, it should take a proper fleet with support to take one down.
Lord LazyGhost
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#31 - 2014-06-04 08:23:27 UTC
Bill Lane wrote:
What do you want? Why in the world should a super not be able to do this? I swear if half the complainers got their way concerning supers and carriers, the only thing they could ever hit would be other caps. Explain to me why so many think that you should be able to gank a super with less than 5 subcaps, with no way for the cap ship to defend itself?

I agree. they should be massive chunks of metal with massive dps and tank.

But i also think their price tag needs to be massive as well.

and tbh 20-30b just dont cut it. I think it should be a choice ship as your locked into it like a titan. it should be choice super or titan and around the same price 100b +. hull alone
baltec1
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#32 - 2014-06-04 08:36:27 UTC
Death to all supers.
Abrazzar
Vardaugas Family
#33 - 2014-06-04 08:39:14 UTC
I say disconnect capitals and sub-capitals while making them interdependent:

Remove the ability of capitals to target and require them a sub-capital for target acquisition.
Make capitals highly resistant to sub-capital weapons. Now it needs sub-caps for caps to do anything and it needs caps to kill caps.
Logistics are applied through the fleet interface instead of targeting (add a new e-war named transfer disruption and specialized ships).
Fighters and fighter bombers need to be assigned (add a specialized ship for this role).
XL guns can't hit anything in the same grid anymore but reach out up to 0.25 AU (depending on weapon and ammunition) for cross-grid assaults and POS Deathstar defence grids.

Capitals are a class of their own and capital warfare mechanics should reflect this.
Marlona Sky
State War Academy
Caldari State
#34 - 2014-06-04 08:53:51 UTC  |  Edited by: ISD Ezwal
You opted for a 4th damage module instead of a damage control? Ugh

*Snip* Please refrain from personal attacks. ISD Ezwal.
Lifelongnoob
State War Academy
Caldari State
#35 - 2014-06-04 11:08:07 UTC
Arronicus wrote:
SpaceSaft wrote:
Same as the others I fail to see the issue. There is a progression in place in eve and it goes that two smaller ships have about equal output of the next higher one, be it damage, logi(heals) or whatever. Why should a heavy interdictor be able to tank damage from two classes above it's own? Three if you count battlecruisers as a separate class.

The heavy interdictor was designed to deal with the old supercarrier and titan damage outputs. The issue is that CCP is continually trying to reduce the viability of capitals and super capitals to be one-size-fits-all ships that can effectively deal with sub-capitals even in numbers, and this is completely counter-productive to that end. They've made faster, higher damage, more survivable fighters (and fighter bombers), which except for speedtanked cruisers and frigates, are going to be devastating to subcap fleets. Without some sort of change to hictors, not an overall tank, but some specialized mechanic to increase their effectiveness against supercaps, I believe that it's going to become vastly more difficult to kill supers fielding fighters. Perhaps something like a capital interdiction probe, like what regular interdictors have, but that only affects capitals (or supercaps). Something to change the current dynamic of needing large amounts of hictors to have a chance at even killing a small portion of an enemy supercap fleet in lowsec.

in null sec i dont see a problem cos u can use a light dictor or 3 to keep the supers trapped

however in low sec this might be an issue where dictor bubbles are not allowed
Caviar Liberta
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#36 - 2014-06-04 12:04:35 UTC
Bill Lane wrote:

Well, if you want to get that HIC off your super capital then cyno in some sub-cap support.
Muad 'dib
State War Academy
Caldari State
#37 - 2014-06-04 12:08:24 UTC
With insane ability's like killing cruisers quickly....

.. two of those supercarrier bad boys should cost like 60bil or somthing LOL

Cosmic signature detected. . . . http://i.imgur.com/Z7NfIS6.jpg I got 99 likes, and this post aint one.

Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#38 - 2014-06-04 12:12:18 UTC
Bill Lane wrote:

By very definition, no.
Rroff
Antagonistic Tendencies
#39 - 2014-06-04 13:09:01 UTC
Granted that fit is probably mildly OP against sub-capitals but it also means that your gimping that super from its main purpose or many other ways that people do use supers.

Personally I don't see the problem I kind of find it very meh when a lone super dies to a blob with no losses a super or titan kill should be something moderately noteworthy (obligatory link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EzowBH7bpgE ).
CynoNet Two
GSF Logistics and Posting Reserves
Goonswarm Federation
#40 - 2014-06-04 13:12:31 UTC
Bill Lane wrote:

You're absolutely right. These changes don't go far enough. Let's restore remote AOE doomsdays for Titans while we're at it! Also they should be able POS-bowl again, that was cool! Then we can remove the stacking nerf for modules, and run around all day in 8 heat sink Apocs fighting invulnerable supercaps until the server melts.

Then we can all play a nice, balanced* MMO like Star Citizen.

*balanced by virtue of no one being able to play it