These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
12Next page

Another content-less "Expansion"

First post First post
Author
Roggle
Tactically Euthanized
#1 - 2014-06-04 01:04:58 UTC
It took me 60 seconds to experience all the new content from the latest "expansion". That's 10 seconds for each month of development time. I am tired of tweaks masked as expansions, expansions should give you new challenges and things to explore. I find it hard to believe that in six months the best CCP can do is change some ship stats, and add some arbitrary changes. EVE is what it is because CCP were risk takers, they made a game that most could only dream of, but now I fear you are playing it too safe.

Please discuss.
Matthew Clearwater
Doomheim
#2 - 2014-06-04 01:10:35 UTC
I believe this issue has been addressed before. They will no longer call these updates "Expansions". They will be called what they are, Patches.
At least that's what I heard.
Chewytowel Haklar
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#3 - 2014-06-04 01:10:36 UTC
Yeah what we need is raids, more PVE, revised PVE, or all or some of those. Yep EVE is reliant on tons of PVP so there isn't much content there then is already in the game. You also don't want a cluttered mess of 'things to do' in the game just for the sake of adding 'things to do.'
Domanique Altares
Rifterlings
#4 - 2014-06-04 01:11:02 UTC
Roggle wrote:
It took me 60 seconds to experience all the new content from the latest "expansion".

Cool. So that means you're going away already, right?
Amenity Project
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#5 - 2014-06-04 01:12:19 UTC
Too many people have no clue what "content" means in EVE.

Consumers.
Paranoid Loyd
#6 - 2014-06-04 01:12:52 UTC
You sir, lack imagination.

"There is only one authority in this game, and that my friend is violence. The supreme authority upon which all other authority is derived." ISD Max Trix

Fix the Prospect!

Kyoko Sakoda
Achura-Waschi Exchange
Monyusaiya Industry Trade Group
#7 - 2014-06-04 01:17:53 UTC
The medium is the message.
Ramona McCandless
The McCandless Clan
#8 - 2014-06-04 01:18:02 UTC
Roggle wrote:

Please discuss.

I feel you are incorrect

This is one of the better expansions in recent times.

Compared to what expansion means in the gaming industry, this is very much like the extra board, 6 x extra ship cards, 24 x counters, extra rulebook and errata sheet that is entirely standard

Besides, what do you want for free?

"Yea, some dude came in and was normal for first couple months, so I gave him director." - Sean Dunaway

"A singular character could be hired to penetrate another corps space... using gorilla like tactics..." - Chane Morgann

Roggle
Tactically Euthanized
#9 - 2014-06-04 01:20:31 UTC
Ramona McCandless wrote:
Roggle wrote:

Please discuss.

I feel you are incorrect

Compared to what expansion means in the gaming industry, this is very much like the extra board, 6 x extra ship cards, 24 x counters, extra rulebook and errata sheet that is entirely standard

180$ a year....is not free sweetheart
Doreen Kaundur
#10 - 2014-06-04 01:20:35 UTC
"Expansions" add new content..like wormholes and such.

"Patches" fix current content.

What Kronos is can best be classified as an "upgrade."

New ship models, new lens flare, new quality of life fixes like the sound editor.

But I agree...it's not an expansion in the classic sense. I cant even find the title "Kronos" anywhere when I log in now.

[center]1. Minor navigation color change. 2. Show bookmarks in the overview.[/center]

KnowUsByTheDead
Sunlight...Through The Blight.
#11 - 2014-06-04 01:20:55 UTC
I am not sure you follow the narrative, OP.

CCP provides "tools," which they did, for their MMORPG PvP game.

Players, in turn, create content. (Some players, of course. Others simply grind missions or mine all day. Shocked)

Think you have it backwards.

When I think of EvE, I certainly don't think of their "award-winning PvE."

*giggle*

Blink

Once you realize what a joke everything is, being the comedian is the only thing that makes sense.

Ramona McCandless
The McCandless Clan
#12 - 2014-06-04 01:22:09 UTC
Roggle wrote:
Ramona McCandless wrote:
Roggle wrote:

Please discuss.

I feel you are incorrect

$180 does not pay for expansions

It pays for your access to server and its upkeep, handsome

"Yea, some dude came in and was normal for first couple months, so I gave him director." - Sean Dunaway

"A singular character could be hired to penetrate another corps space... using gorilla like tactics..." - Chane Morgann

Roggle
Tactically Euthanized
#13 - 2014-06-04 01:23:16 UTC
Ramona McCandless wrote:
Roggle wrote:
Ramona McCandless wrote:
Roggle wrote:

Please discuss.

I feel you are incorrect

$180 does not pay for expansions

it paid for them in the past
Vouid
The Pannion Domin
Ghostbirds
#14 - 2014-06-04 01:23:54 UTC
Ramona McCandless wrote:
Roggle wrote:

Please discuss.

I feel you are incorrect

You are delusional or you are a balding, 30-something year old virgin. You sound like the rantings of a desperate man, "noooo, dont take my Eve away. it's all i have!" Go outside, maybe socialize a bit, then come back and discuss.
Ramona McCandless
The McCandless Clan
#15 - 2014-06-04 01:25:34 UTC
Vouid wrote:
Ramona McCandless wrote:
Roggle wrote:

Please discuss.

I feel you are incorrect

You are delusional or you are a balding, 30-something year old virgin. You sound like the rantings of a desperate man, "noooo, dont take my Eve away. it's all i have!" Go outside, maybe socialize a bit, then come back and discuss.

Cool story bro

. <---- There's your tear

Enjoy it

Also, you are confused. Ramona is a girl's name

Paranoid Loyd
#16 - 2014-06-04 01:26:32 UTC
I think someone forgot to take their medicine today. Shocked

"There is only one authority in this game, and that my friend is violence. The supreme authority upon which all other authority is derived." ISD Max Trix

Fix the Prospect!

Ramona McCandless
The McCandless Clan
#17 - 2014-06-04 01:26:55 UTC
Roggle wrote:
Ramona McCandless wrote:

it paid for them in the past

Ok well I guess then when other MMOs ask you for $20 for an expansion then that's just extortion then huh

Tarpedo
Incursionista
#18 - 2014-06-04 01:28:05 UTC
That's not fair - there is more than 60 seconds of content. I've spent like 10 minutes looking for new cosmetics and explanation - how to find them in new store? - on these forums. Now I'm looking forward to 10 minutes of content in the next expansion.
Amenity Project
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#19 - 2014-06-04 01:28:47 UTC
Vouid wrote:
Ramona McCandless wrote:
Roggle wrote:

Please discuss.

I feel you are incorrect

Wow, what the hell are you reading in her post?

Calm down, take a step back ... maybe sleep over it ... and then read it again.

You are clearly raging.
SurrenderMonkey
The Exchange Collective
Solyaris Chtonium
#20 - 2014-06-04 01:31:14 UTC
Roggle wrote:
Ramona McCandless wrote:
Roggle wrote:

Please discuss.

I feel you are incorrect

$180 is what you pay for access to the server. You're entitled to exactly ****-all beyond that.

"Help, I'm bored with missions!"

http://swiftandbitter.com/eve/wtd/

12Next page