These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

My friend needs clothes...

First post First post First post
Author
Bohneik Itohn
#581 - 2014-06-03 07:03:39 UTC
Quite possibly the only thread in existence that is an acceptable target of necromancy.

Wait, CCP kills kittens now too?!  - Freyya

Are you a forum alt? Have you ever wondered why your experience on the forums is always so frustrating and unrewarding? This may help.

Auduin Samson
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#582 - 2014-06-03 07:23:45 UTC
It would seem that my corpse-to-clothing ratio is severely skewed. I'll have to go pod some hapless newbies to rectify this.
Amyclas Amatin
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#583 - 2014-06-03 07:24:11 UTC
I too have found this thread as an inspiration to start buying new friends from my corpies' (already vast) mortuaries.

This is also an invitation to everyone to have tea with me and little Tiffany in my Captain's quarters.

For more information on the New Order of High-Sec, please visit: http://www.minerbumping.com/

Remember that whenever you have a bad day in EVE, the correct reponse is "Thank you CCP, may I please have another?"

Xe'Cara'eos
A Big Enough Lever
#584 - 2014-06-03 18:13:34 UTC
Looke Groundrunner wrote:
It all suddenly makes sense what is behind that locked door in the captain's quarters... That would explain the smell.

Queenie does occaisionally smell, she needs a lot of prompting (and assistance) with her personal hygiene, and I have to be really careful with her - her skin is so fragile, it tears sooo easily, and takes SO LONG to heal.....

For posting an idea into F&I: come up with idea, try and think how people could abuse this, try to fix your idea - loop the process until you can't see how it could be abused, then post to the forums to let us figure out how to abuse it..... If your idea can be abused, it [u]WILL[/u] be.

Nikk Narrel
Moonlit Bonsai
#585 - 2014-06-03 18:18:22 UTC
Xe'Cara'eos wrote:
It all suddenly makes sense what is behind that locked door in the captain's quarters... That would explain the smell.

Queenie does occaisionally smell, she needs a lot of prompting (and assistance) with her personal hygiene, and I have to be really careful with her - her skin is so fragile, it tears sooo easily, and takes SO LONG to heal.....

Nanite paste and love, that's all you need....
Somal Thunder
Pator Tech School
Minmatar Republic
#586 - 2014-06-13 11:50:12 UTC
I definitely support this idea/feature request. Not only will this bring publicity to the game and attract a new group of players, but it will also place emphasis on the dark, cold world that the EVE Universe is.

Corpse dress-up in New Eden? Can we get a CSM member to lobby this into the backlog for us? We want this by the end of the year!
Corraidhin Farsaidh
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#587 - 2014-06-13 12:10:50 UTC
Bohneik Itohn wrote:
Quite possibly the only thread in existence that is an acceptable target of necromancy.

It'll be the death of the forums as we know it...
Xe'Cara'eos
A Big Enough Lever
#588 - 2014-06-13 18:13:06 UTC
Nikk Narrel wrote:
Xe'Cara'eos wrote:

nanite paste? that seems so .... mechanical and uncaring.... and she's such a lovely caring person, she may not show it much, but I know she is.

For posting an idea into F&I: come up with idea, try and think how people could abuse this, try to fix your idea - loop the process until you can't see how it could be abused, then post to the forums to let us figure out how to abuse it..... If your idea can be abused, it [u]WILL[/u] be.

Nikk Narrel
Moonlit Bonsai
#589 - 2014-06-13 18:28:04 UTC
Xe'Cara'eos wrote:
Nikk Narrel wrote:
Xe'Cara'eos wrote:

nanite paste? that seems so .... mechanical and uncaring.... and she's such a lovely caring person, she may not show it much, but I know she is.

You are so right, nanite paste is so well known for it's industrial uses, it seems hardly fitting for one whose existence defines your own so well.
..but like any recipe, the actual ingredients use the context they are presented in.

Nanites from the paste, suspended in a delicate chardonnay, with just a kiss of chocolate on the rim of the glass... present this to your beloved, and leave no doubt in their minds as to the depth of your feelings...
Xe'Cara'eos
A Big Enough Lever
#590 - 2014-06-15 21:33:20 UTC
Nikk Narrel wrote:
Xe'Cara'eos wrote:
Nikk Narrel wrote:
Xe'Cara'eos wrote:

You are so right, nanite paste is so well known for it's industrial uses, it seems hardly fitting for one whose existence defines your own so well.
..but like any recipe, the actual ingredients use the context they are presented in.

Nanites from the paste, suspended in a delicate chardonnay, with just a kiss of chocolate on the rim of the glass... present this to your beloved, and leave no doubt in their minds as to the depth of your feelings...

If that works - I guess what they say is true - a spoonful of sugar really DOES help the medicine go down - I'll try that next time I pick up some nanites (I'm sure I'm producing them at one of my planets.....)

Bohneik Itohn
#591 - 2014-06-15 22:18:38 UTC
Ectoplasm: The 100% all natural organic substitute for Nanite paste when it comes to application to natural substances. Talk to your friend of a friend who knows this one guy who may be a Blood Raider and see if it doesn't work wonders.

Wait, CCP kills kittens now too?!  - Freyya

Are you a forum alt? Have you ever wondered why your experience on the forums is always so frustrating and unrewarding? This may help.

Tenzing Skyeye
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#592 - 2014-06-16 05:47:04 UTC
A few days ago, I was podded for the first time in a duel in Clellinon. At first, I was distraught over my loss, but this thread has changed my mind. I take comfort in the idea that a frosty Tenzing-sicle is making some other newbie's flight through the stars a little less cold and lonely.

Well, a little less lonely, at least.
Alvatore DiMarco
Capricious Endeavours Ltd
#593 - 2014-06-16 07:45:20 UTC
This isn't a complaint but I do feel compelled to note that this thread, much unlike Chloe, refuses to stay dead.

Nikk Narrel
Moonlit Bonsai
#594 - 2014-06-16 13:15:21 UTC
Alvatore DiMarco wrote:
This isn't a complaint but I do feel compelled to note that this thread, much unlike Chloe, refuses to stay dead.

Who are we to place such labels, as alive and dead...

Perhaps Chloe is less active, after having semi retired from active piloting.
New romances often inspire changes in habits, like that!
Xe'Cara'eos
A Big Enough Lever
#595 - 2014-06-17 17:51:50 UTC
I know my queenie would be horribly upset to be called dead - sure her heart's stopped beating (though try not to mention it in front of her), but she's not dead - she just doesn't move much, has cold skin, and has errrrr not the best personal hygiene

joelinux
Perkone
Caldari State
#596 - 2014-06-25 17:06:27 UTC
Nikk Narrel wrote:
Alvatore DiMarco wrote:

Who are we to place such labels, as alive and dead...

Perhaps Chloe is less active, after having semi retired from active piloting.
New romances often inspire changes in habits, like that!

Yes...our companions have graciously retired to be with us. Retired from piloting, sweating, moving, breathing, etc.
Lady Naween
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#597 - 2014-06-29 00:00:04 UTC
Xe'Cara'eos wrote:
I know my queenie would be horribly upset to be called dead - sure her heart's stopped beating (though try not to mention it in front of her), but she's not dead - she just doesn't move much, has cold skin, and has errrrr not the best personal hygiene

hmm sounds like my ex boyfriend tbh
Pearl Canopus
#598 - 2014-07-03 13:58:56 UTC
Hmmmmm... weird. Or not?

I don't collect corpses as a carebear. But I really would like, if everybody who podded me, has a chance to cover my corpse honorable...
But with a view from far... I don't care really... Cool
Xe'Cara'eos
A Big Enough Lever
#599 - 2014-07-06 07:54:40 UTC
Pearl, where do you live? I'll come and pod you specially, might even be worth the sec hit

Dun'Gal
Myriad Contractors Inc.
#600 - 2014-07-06 08:02:35 UTC
why has this not happened yet?