These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Warfare & Tactics

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
12Next page

Gallente FW is it active.

Author
vexille Solette
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#1 - 2014-06-01 16:41:34 UTC
i am looking at getting into gallente FW. I am just wondering if it is active and if there are any active corps recruiting.
Andre Vauban
Federal Defense Union
Gallente Federation
#2 - 2014-06-01 16:55:14 UTC
vexille Solette
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#3 - 2014-06-01 22:18:38 UTC
anyone know a good high sec system to stage out of?
Josclyn Verreuil
Dark 0rder.
#4 - 2014-06-01 23:10:17 UTC
vexille Solette wrote:

The general feeling is that staging out of high sec is a questionable decision due to gate camps on the in-gates. If you must base out of high sec, look for the less active entry points. Mesybier isn't bad, but avoid Villore at all costs.
Scipio Artelius
Weaponised Vegemite
Flying Dangerous
#5 - 2014-06-02 04:03:47 UTC  |  Edited by: Scipio Artelius
vexille Solette wrote:

Stacmon is ok. Good logistics and easy entry into a few lowsec systems from there (Ostingele is the one to avoid).

Villore is not as bad as it used to be as the gate in OMS isn't camped as often as it once was. Good logistics with Dodi only 3 jumps away, but Allamotte next door is a safer choice.

Mesybier jumps into Murethand which is good too and Dodi is only 5 jumps from Mesybier.

I would avoid the highsec systems from Caldari space even though logistics is good with Jita handy. Nourvakaiken in particular is often camped in Tama.
Theroine
Pew Pew Pirates
#6 - 2014-06-02 06:56:47 UTC
vexille Solette wrote:

While you can base out of high sec, if you are joining FW for the pew, you need to be on the front lines where the fighting is. If you are constantly flying to Dodixie every time you lose a ship, you won't have much fun and you won't be of much use to front-line operations. HTFU and take the plunge.
vexille Solette
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#7 - 2014-06-02 14:47:15 UTC
I was just looking for a system in high to move to until I find a corp.
SmokinJs Arthie
Jerkasaurus Wrecks Inc.
Sedition.
#8 - 2014-06-02 15:04:07 UTC
I would just move to Low Sec and use one of the main hubs that Gal Mil already use. Like Nennamaila or Vlillirier. They have well established markets and people to fly with while you are shopping around for a corp.
X Gallentius
Black Eagle1
#9 - 2014-06-02 15:43:36 UTC
Gallente FW is the most "active pvp alliance" in the game. We outscore (on number of kills) every other militia and every other alliance in the game - hands down. Goons, RvB, other militias.... everybody.
Hasan al-Askari Mujahideen
Khyber
#10 - 2014-06-02 19:48:29 UTC
fw is extremely fun, I was thinking join back into minmitar but I've ben running incursions and it would kinda mess me up if i get -5 standing.

but here is some tips
amarr - minmitar= fw you join to farm
caldari - gal = you join to pvp

gal has some of the most active fw players and longest active fw corps that fight day in day out and drop carrirers/caps on caldari

it has been sed Gallente fw is the one you marry the others are just mistresses you mess around with
IbanezLaney
The Church of Awesome
#11 - 2014-06-03 02:00:15 UTC
vexille Solette wrote:

For Gallente there are many good corps you can choose from.

XGals corp (JUSTK) is likely best for beginners to low sec + he will have lots of ships available cheaply in your home system.
You just have to enjoy flying derptrons and join in with Yuri calling every fleet a blob that he isn't part of and they will ♥ you long time.
(Yuri is a good pvper - you can't go wrong if you get to learn from/fly with him)

Noob mercs (Monkeys with Guns alliance) are a bunch of nice people who even let my spai alts in.
They have helpful people and don't act all elitist. I recommend them if you are learning pvp.

If you would rather play League of Legends while pretending to play eve then Quantum Cats Syndicate are a good choice.

There are a fair few other good ones too. Just look for the group most active in your tz.

But don't base in high sec. It sucks and nothing good happens there.

wilgotna
Perkone
Caldari State
#12 - 2014-06-03 02:15:54 UTC
IbanezLaney wrote:
If you would rather play League of Legends while pretending to play eve then Quantum Cats Syndicate are a good choice.

this is actually the best way to play eve
Yun Kuai
Garoun Investment Bank
Gallente Federation
#13 - 2014-06-03 02:27:36 UTC
IbanezLaney wrote:
vexille Solette wrote:

XGals corp (JUSTK) is likely best for beginners to low sec + he will have lots of ships available cheaply in your home system.
You just have to enjoy flying derptrons and join in with Yuri calling every fleet a blob that he isn't part of and they will ♥ you long time.
(Yuri is a good pvper - you can't go wrong if you get to learn from/fly with him)

Psst....psssst...hey you silly Aussie, who do you think trained Yuri Bear

--------------------------------------------------------::::::::::::--:::-----:::---::::::::::::--------------:::----------:::----:::---:::----------------------:::::::-------:::---:::----::::::-------------------:::-----------:::--:::----:::---------------------::::::::::::----:::::::----:::::::::::::-------

IbanezLaney
The Church of Awesome
#14 - 2014-06-03 02:41:18 UTC
Yun Kuai wrote:
IbanezLaney wrote:
vexille Solette wrote:

Psst....psssst...hey you silly Aussie, who do you think trained Yuri Bear

Oh yeah sorry.
Yuri is one of Yuns Pokemons.

Big smileBig smileBig smile
RonPaul Rox
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#15 - 2014-06-03 13:57:41 UTC
join JUSTK, base in Eha, buy my fleet merlins on public contract for the low low price of 3 million isk, join fleets, blow them up, buy more.

either way, welcome to the warzone, you've made a good choice :)

http://imgur.com/EGjYLSL

Charlie Firpol
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#16 - 2014-06-03 14:03:10 UTC
IbanezLaney wrote:

Noob mercs (Monkeys with Guns alliance) are a bunch of nice people who even let my spai alts in.
They have helpful people and don't act all elitist. I recommend them if you are learning pvp.

I call BS on that one. Your Circle of Two character is now your spy!

The Butcher of Black Rise - eve-radio.com

Andre Vauban
Federal Defense Union
Gallente Federation
#17 - 2014-06-03 14:48:57 UTC
IbanezLaney wrote:

Hey now, we've never had more than 10-12 people playing LOL at the same time. BTW, have you seen SuperChair lately? We miss him in LOL.

IbanezLaney
The Church of Awesome
#18 - 2014-06-03 15:23:16 UTC
Charlie Firpol wrote:
IbanezLaney wrote:

I call BS on that one. Your Circle of Two character is now your spy!

ShockedShockedShocked

Would I lie to the Gallente???

IbanezLaney
The Church of Awesome
#19 - 2014-06-03 15:30:44 UTC  |  Edited by: IbanezLaney
Andre Vauban wrote:
IbanezLaney wrote:

Hey now, we've never had more than 10-12 people playing LOL at the same time. BTW, have you seen SuperChair lately? We miss him in LOL.

Have not chatted to him for a while.
I am surprised he isn't playing LOL. Next time I see him log into Steam I'll tell him you asked about him.

When are you all going to start playing DOTA 2? It is much better.

Baron' Soontir Fel
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#20 - 2014-06-03 15:47:07 UTC
IbanezLaney wrote:

When are you all going to start playing DOTA 2? It is much better.

Dota2 is a lot more srs bzns compared to LoL. I like how I can sort of relax while still playing LoL, I always gotta be on my toes for dota.

Also, off-screen abilities are annoying.
12Next page